SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

3 hours ago, FlinFlan80 said:

I just realized, our defense could be very stingy. Staying healthy will be key, but that's a really athletic crew for Hollinka to walk into.

My concern is up the middle - NG, ILB depth, safety.  Outside we appear to have the potential to be fairly salty.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, choyt3 said:

Craig Orlando story. Might have to search for this, or scroll down, if John posts another story this weekend. 

We need to continue to get kids like this - leading by example and not gonna be the guy that stands over someone after a tackle waving their arms and getting a flag thrown on him. 

On 2/27/2020 at 11:03 AM, Hambone said:

My concern is up the middle - NG, ILB depth, safety.  Outside we appear to have the potential to be fairly salty.

NG should be better than last year though, they all have one more year experience and have gained some more weight.  Hopefully they can hold their own this year.  I hope we only play Orlando in four games in 2020, would be nice to see him get four full years as a producer/starter.  

• 2 weeks later...

"I am very excited about the hiring of Robbie [Rouse]," said Schweigert. "His success from his playing career at Fresno State along with his passion for coaching the game of football will help continue to move Fighting Hawk football in the right direction."
https://fightinghawks.com/news/2020/3/11/football-robbie-rouse-named-running-backs-coach.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2020/3/26/home-times-promotions-ticket-information-for-2020-football-season-set.aspx

The days of multiple start times for home games are virtually over.  6:30pm for the Thursday home opener and 1:00 pm for the other 4 home games.  This is a great move!

Also, looking forward to what is planned for the #PinkeStrong game!!!  Also just noticed it is the "First Annual" #PinkeStrong game!!!

2020 UND Football Home Kickoff Schedule
Sept. 3 – vs. Valparaiso (#PinkeStrong Game) | 6:30 p.m.
Oct. 3 – vs. South Dakota State (Potato Bowl USA/Family Weekend) | 1 p.m.
Oct. 10 – vs. Missouri State (Homecoming/Hall of Fame) | 1 p.m.
Oct. 31 – vs. South Dakota (Halloween) | 1 p.m.
Nov. 21 – vs. Southern Illinois (Military Appreciation/Senior Day) | 1 p.m.

• Upvote 2

On 3/26/2020 at 10:43 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2020/3/26/home-times-promotions-ticket-information-for-2020-football-season-set.aspx

The days of multiple start times for home games are virtually over.  6:30pm for the Thursday home opener and 1:00 pm for the other 4 home games.  This is a great move!

Also, looking forward to what is planned for the #PinkeStrong game!!!  Also just noticed it is the "First Annual" #PinkeStrong game!!!

2020 UND Football Home Kickoff Schedule
Sept. 3 – vs. Valparaiso (#PinkeStrong Game) | 6:30 p.m.
Oct. 3 – vs. South Dakota State (Potato Bowl USA/Family Weekend) | 1 p.m.
Oct. 10 – vs. Missouri State (Homecoming/Hall of Fame) | 1 p.m.
Oct. 31 – vs. South Dakota (Halloween) | 1 p.m.
Nov. 21 – vs. Southern Illinois (Military Appreciation/Senior Day) | 1 p.m.

This home schedule sucks, (C-).  Jacks game is big (A).  Coyotes should be a big game......fighting to not be the #4 team in ND/SD, but it's still the Coyotes from the S-Hole town known as Vermillion (C).  Valpo a total snoozer and loser game (F-).  Little interest in Missouri St.(D) and So. Ill (C).  The only controllable game is Valpo, need to get rid of these crappy games.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

This home schedule sucks, (C-).  Jacks game is big (A).  Coyotes should be a big game......fighting to not be the #4 team in ND/SD, but it's still the Coyotes from the S-Hole town known as Vermillion (C).  Valpo a total snoozer and loser game (F-).  Little interest in Missouri St.(D) and So. Ill (C).  The only controllable game is Valpo, need to get rid of these crappy games.

We also need a minimum of seven DI wins, and nice to have a 'warm up' game so the team gets acclimated to game speed and depth players can get some reps in.  

• Upvote 1

Hate to put some negativity into this, but right now some insiders are saying there is a 50/50 chance of a season this year. As the next month or two goes on you will see more talk of this.  If there is a season I wonder if it might be delayed to perhaps starting in October. 
Think about it we are only 4 months away from opening fall camp.  God I hope this blows over in the next month or two.  

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

We also need a minimum of seven DI wins, and nice to have a 'warm up' game so the team gets acclimated to game speed and depth players can get some reps in.  

This has always been my line of thinking, I love the Valpo type games. 

47 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Hate to put some negativity into this, but right now some insiders are saying there is a 50/50 chance of a season this year. As the next month or two goes on you will see more talk of this.  If there is a season I wonder if it might be delayed to perhaps starting in October. 
Think about it we are only 4 months away from opening fall camp.  God I hope this blows over in the next month or two.  

Yeah, that was Herbstreit who was saying that.  He has bought into the hype of all this.  Living in fear is no way to live our lives.

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Yeah, that was Herbstreit who was saying that.  He has bought into the hype of all this.  Living in fear is no way to live our lives.

I don't disagree but welcome to the lawsuit happy world of today.  It will play a part of the decisions made going forward.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I like Kirk Herbstreit a lot, but is there really a need to speculate on what will happen come August?  Had I loudly proclaimed to my friends at Thanksgiving that the NBA, NHL, and the NCAA basketball tournament would all be cancelled by early March...I would have been laughed out of the house.  We can only hope and pray for the best.  

12 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I like Kirk Herbstreit a lot, but is there really a need to speculate on what will happen come August?  Had I loudly proclaimed to my friends at Thanksgiving that the NBA, NHL, and the NCAA basketball tournament would all be cancelled by early March...I would have been laughed out of the house.  We can only hope and pray for the best.  

It’s entirely too soon. Nobody has a clue how this stuff is going to actually play out. What if there is a second wave? What if we get lucky? They just need to fill empty air space.

3 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Wasn't Southern Illinois the first out of the playoffs last year and the team that Herder and FCS Insider cried over the most? They even ranked them higher than us at the end of the season even though we made the playoffs and they sat at home. 

If the season is cancelled I would assume the next year would be using the 2021 schedule

what happens to players’ assume all seniors would get another year

that would mean you would have 2 years of freshman coming in that year

what happens to all the scholarships

what a mess this would be 

• Upvote 1