SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

2019 ended with a thud.  Never too early to look ahead to the coming season.

Since we are moving down to the MVFC, the schedule next year sets up more favorably.  Without digging real deep into what every team has returning for players, I see 7 games where UND can be favored, three likely losses, and a pick ‘em.

WIN vs Valparaiso 

LOSS at Kansas St

WIN at Youngstown St

PUSH vs SDSU

WIN vs Missouri St

WIN at Western Illinois

WIN at Portland St

WIN vs USD

LOSS at Illinois St

LOSS at NDSU

WIN vs Southern Illinois

The outcome of the SDSU will determine if UND gets a seed and the first round bye that comes with it or if we play on Thanksgiving weekend again.

You are hopeful.  I’m thinking this based off our who’s coming back and who made the playoffs this year.

WIN vs Valparaiso 

LOSS at Kansas St

PUSH at Youngstown St

LOSS vs SDSU

WIN vs Missouri St

WIN at Western Illinois

WIN at Portland St

WIN vs USD

LOSS at Illinois St

LOSS at NDSU

PUSH vs Southern Illinois

32 minutes ago, coltssiouxfan said:

You are hopeful.  I’m thinking this based off our who’s coming back and who made the playoffs this year.

WIN vs Valparaiso 

LOSS at Kansas St

PUSH at Youngstown St

LOSS vs SDSU

WIN vs Missouri St

WIN at Western Illinois

WIN at Portland St

WIN vs USD

LOSS at Illinois St

LOSS at NDSU

PUSH vs Southern Illinois

I agree with your version more.  I don't see SDSU as a Push....unless they are graduating a LOT.  Losing Rodgers is going to be a big loss for us, obviously Bennett too but I think our biggest lost will be Rodgers. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I agree with your version more.  I don't see SDSU as a Push....unless they are graduating a LOT.  Losing Rodgers is going to be a big loss for us, obviously Bennett too but I think our biggest lost will be Rodgers. 

I like our chances at home against SDSU in an early season game.   Will probably be Potato Bowl and biggest crowd of the season.  Different story if it were in Brookings.

Agree about Rodgers, huge shoes to fill.

Anyone know anything about Cam Hunt?  I expected big things from him this year, but he sort of disappeared in the second half of the season.

1 hour ago, bincitysioux said:

2019 ended with a thud.  Never too early to look ahead to the coming season.

Since we are moving down to the MVFC, the schedule next year sets up more favorably.  Without digging real deep into what every team has returning for players, I see 7 games where UND can be favored, three likely losses, and a pick ‘em.

WIN vs Valparaiso 

LOSS at Kansas St

WIN at Youngstown St

PUSH vs SDSU

WIN vs Missouri St

WIN at Western Illinois

WIN at Portland St

WIN vs USD

LOSS at Illinois St

LOSS at NDSU

WIN vs Southern Illinois

The outcome of the SDSU will determine if UND gets a seed and the first round bye that comes with it or if we play on Thanksgiving weekend again.

This appears to be a best case scenario.  I'd put at least one of those "wins" ends up as a loss.  I see a 6-5-ish year coming.  But who knows, that's why the game gets played.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

I like our chances at home against SDSU in an early season game.   Will probably be Potato Bowl and biggest crowd of the season.  Different story if it were in Brookings.

Agree about Rodgers, huge shoes to fill.

Anyone know anything about Cam Hunt?  I expected big things from him this year, but he sort of disappeared in the second half of the season.

Cam Hunt was dismissed weeks ago.

This is an 11 game schedule......did UND opt not to schedule a 12th again for next season?

UND has 6 road games.....at best they'll win 3 (1-5 this season). I can see 7-4 but more likely 6-5. I think they lose to SDSU at home and go 2-4 on the road.

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

This is an 11 game schedule......did UND opt not to schedule a 12th again for next season?

UND has 6 road games.....at best they'll win 3 (1-5 this season). I can see 7-4 but more likely 6-5. I think they lose to SDSU at home and go 2-4 on the road.

Only 11 games allowed next season.

8 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

It will be a very difficult game. SDSU is at a different place with its program compared to UND. They have no problem challenging @MInnesota and @NDSU so @Alerus Center won’t be much of an added challenge. 

It will he a fun game in the Alerus Center, just not sure UND will have enough talent to win. UND’s coaching has me doubting. 

If UND starts of 1-2 which is possible the attendance should be very good vs SDSU. But what happens to home attendance going forward if UND loses that one? Who will show up at 1-3 vs a bad Mo. St. team?

Now if UND is 3-1 I'd hope people would come to watch them go to 4-1.

Attendance or lack thereof has to be a big concern for Chaves at this point.

13 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

That was quiet. Too bad as well. Did his departure coincide with our run D becoming absolutely pathetic as the season winded down? 

I don't think he gained more than 5 pounds in 3 years.......not sure how that's possible.

3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

That was quiet. Too bad as well. Did his departure coincide with our run D becoming absolutely pathetic as the season winded down? 

He didn’t play that much all season.  Was suspended for a couple games before he was dismissed. 

Need more beef up front for run d. Need a couple 300lbers at NG and 4 260lbers at DT.  

11 minutes ago, southpaw said:

If you don't have a QB who can throw more than 20 yards downfield, you adjust your playbook to fit your players. 

If you don't have a large body up front, you need to adjust to fit your players. Schmidt isn't doing that. 

Who is the Brad Johnson- like qb you’re thinking of?

4 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Who is the Brad Johnson- like qb you’re thinking of?

I'm just using that as a hypothetical. Freund isn't going to run vertical routes every play if he doesn't have a QB who can throw.

Why is Schmidt running the same old system if he doesn't have the right type of players?

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020-21 Football Season