Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi fellas, I’ve enjoyed your banter and analysis for ten plus years. The Whooping I watched today was my most enjoyable UND football game since getting liquored up back in the day at the “Best Bet”  i

SS.com folks. This is Shannon Schweigert and what you are about to read is a shameless plug  Kelly Howe and I continue to produce the UND Football 360 podcast this spring season and we invite you to l

The Big Sky is soft they said. Wait until your have to play real teams they said. Wait until you have to play in the Missouri valley Football conference they said. It will be a reality

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

Saw the story by McFeely on Tommy Schuster, and I got curious on Cedric Case, so I took to Instagram. Looks like Case isn't even at Texas State anymore, he's now at Central Missouri, a DII school. No disrespect to Case, he's made his choices, but how fortunate was UND in that whole situation? It's been said time and again, but Tommy is a straight up winner. So thankful how that all played out. 

Texas St. will always be dog crap, player graveyard.  Never understood what Case was thinking.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Texas St. will always be dog crap, player graveyard.  Never understood what Case was thinking.

Wasn’t the HC they had just hired supposed to be a QB ‘guru’?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoHawks said:

Yeah they weren't good QB's in the NFL by any means

I'm guessing Case decision to switch had to do with guys names like Johny Manziel and Geno Smith.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GoHawks said:

I'm guessing Case decision to switch had to do with guys names like Johny Manziel and Geno Smith.

And also had a lot to do with we had a guy named Rudy who was our offensive coordinator straight out of 1983.  I really can't believe any really good QB could have ever been too excited to come play football at UND with Rudy as OC. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kicked in the teeth, brush ourselves off and get ready for Youngstown.  

Time to include Quincy more?  Open up the playbook again?  Death to Bubba ball once and for all?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Kicked in the teeth, brush ourselves off and get ready for Youngstown.  

Time to include Quincy more?  Open up the playbook again?  Death to Bubba ball once and for all?  

Need to win out to salvage this loss...... starts with Youngstown.... beat the bleep out of them!

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

We have now found out that Tommy is not superman and can lose.  

Tommy was 30-6 in his HS career. He loses 1 in 6 games. ;)  :)  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Tommy was 30-6 in his HS career. He loses 1 in 6 games. ;)  :)  

I understand not giving Quincy a series or two each half while Tommy is on a roll.  The roll was stopped on Saturday.  He was very average at best.  Quincy adds 2 dimensions to the offense that Tommy does not.  It's time to give Quincy a real shot.  

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

We have now found out that Tommy is not superman and can lose.  Isn't it time to start giving Quincy a few series per game to see what he can do?  

It has been stated at nauseum that Tommy is a QB who won't win you games, but won't lose them either. Confirmed on Saturday. Tommy didn't cost us the game with bad plays, though the INT was ugly. He didn't play great, but also didn't get much help from play calling or his receivers. I have far bigger concerns from our performance over Tommy.

That being said, I have wanted to see them throw a wrinkle with Quincy playing for often since week 1. We have been up in enough games to give him some playing time. This gives your offense a new dynamic and develops depth. What happens if Tommy gets hurt now or in the playoffs? We have no real experience to put in! Have to get this kid in and let him play more than running on 4th and 1. Need to get him a few series and let him open the playbook a little.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

It has been stated at nauseum that Tommy is a QB who won't win you games, but won't lose them either. Confirmed on Saturday. Tommy didn't cost us the game with bad plays, though the INT was ugly. He didn't play great, but also didn't get much help from play calling or his receivers. I have far bigger concerns from our performance over Tommy.

That being said, I have wanted to see them throw a wrinkle with Quincy playing for often since week 1. We have been up in enough games to give him some playing time. This gives your offense a new dynamic and develops depth. What happens if Tommy gets hurt now or in the playoffs? We have no real experience to put in! Have to get this kid in and let him play more than running on 4th and 1. Need to get him a few series and let him open the playbook a little.

Completely agree with your evaluation of Tommy.  NDSU showed how to stop our passing game cold.  For whatever reason we don't want Otis in the backfield 75% of the time.  I can't imagine YSU isn't copying the NDSU defensive game plan.  Having a QB who won't win games for you puts our win ceiling at 6-7 games per year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Completely agree with your evaluation of Tommy.  NDSU showed how to stop our passing game cold.  For whatever reason we don't want Otis in the backfield 75% of the time.  I can't imagine YSU isn't copying the NDSU defensive game plan.  Having a QB who won't win games for you puts our win ceiling at 6-7 games per year.

I agree that Otis should have been used more but how long do you think he can sustain being in the backfield 75% of the time?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...