Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SS.com folks. This is Shannon Schweigert and what you are about to read is a shameless plug  Kelly Howe and I continue to produce the UND Football 360 podcast this spring season and we invite you to l

Hi fellas, I’ve enjoyed your banter and analysis for ten plus years. The Whooping I watched today was my most enjoyable UND football game since getting liquored up back in the day at the “Best Bet”  i

The Big Sky is soft they said. Wait until your have to play real teams they said. Wait until you have to play in the Missouri valley Football conference they said. It will be a reality

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

On NDSU's last play of first half (the jump ball that worked) it looked like the QB put everything, and I mean everything, he had to launch that ball ... 40 yards. (Box score calls it a 37 yard TD.) That just doesn't seem right. 

The two SU scoring drives were garbage at end of both halfs(80 yards and 75 yards).  Rest of game SU offense ran 36 plays for 113 yards... 3.1 yards per play.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

#4 ranking is great, and exciting ... but being behind UNI, given the resumes is still a joke. I just don't get the love affair with UNI. Talented, sure ... but didn't they lose to SDSU at home?

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

No to be a wet blanket (which means I'm about to be):

Everything UND has done to date only ensures a 2-6 season at worst. 

 

Lots and lots of work left to do. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

On NDSU's last play of first half (the jump ball that worked) it looked like the QB put everything, and I mean everything, he had to launch that ball ... 40 yards. (Box score calls it a 37 yard TD.) That just doesn't seem right. 

Thought the exact same thing when I saw the play. He let it go from the 45 and it went about 5 yards into the end zone, so roughly a 50 yard throw. Maybe he put a little extra loft in it, but it looked like a lot of effort for a throw that shouldn't have been that hard.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Sicatoka said:

No to be a wet blanket (which means I'm about to be):

Everything UND has done to date only ensures a 2-6 season at worst. 

 

Lots and lots of work left to do. 

Which is exactly how the players should view it, since they are actually on the field and preparing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

No mention of Wanzek and Toivonen?

But we upgrade at QB.  You won't see Tommy throwing a bunch of interceptions and then start jawing with the fans.  Big upgrade

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Thought the exact same thing when I saw the play. He let it go from the 45 and it went about 5 yards into the end zone, so roughly a 50 yard throw. Maybe he put a little extra loft in it, but it looked like a lot of effort for a throw that shouldn't have been that hard.

 

Maybe they should put Logan Graetz in .... remember when we were all pissed that he ended up switching to the Bison. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Thought the exact same thing when I saw the play. He let it go from the 45 and it went about 5 yards into the end zone, so roughly a 50 yard throw. Maybe he put a little extra loft in it, but it looked like a lot of effort for a throw that shouldn't have been that hard.

 

Minus the two garbage end of half drives by NDSU, their offense produced 45 yards rushing on 18 carries and Noland was 9 of 19 for 87 yards and a pick.  That's how bad the rest of the game was for the Bison offense.  SIU controlled the ball for more than 41 minutes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Minus the two garbage end of half drives by NDSU, their offense produced 45 yards rushing on 18 carries and Noland was 9 of 19 for 87 yards.  That's how bad the rest of the game was for the Bison.

Also, noticed they pulled the Hankey kid at MLB when he was not hurt and brought a backup in. That shouts panic to me.....

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Also, noticed they pulled the Hankey kid at MLB when he was not hurt and brought a backup in. That shouts panic to me.....

Saw that.  I also noticed how smallish the LB's are in general.

2021 NDSU FOOTBALL DEPTH CHART
OFFENSE HEIGHT WEIGHT


WLB JAMES KACZOR #26 JUNIOR 6-0 211
MASON HOFSTEDT #51 JUNIOR 6-0 225
JUANEYE TILLMAN #34 SOPHOMORE 5-11 238
OSCAR BENSON #42 TRUE FRESHMAN 6-0 180

MLB JACKSON HANKEY #52 JUNIOR 6-1 220
LUKE WEERTS #47 SOPHOMORE 6-1 219
DYLAN HENDRICKS #50 REDSHIRT FRESHMAN 6-2 231
MARK STUMPF #48 SOPHOMORE 6-2 225

SLB JASIR COX #49 JUNIOR 6-0 207
COLE WISNIEWSKI #31 TRUE FRESHMAN 6-3 218
MITCHELL KARTES #45 SOPHOMORE 6-0 207
NICK KUBITZ #49 REDSHIRT FRESHMAN 6-2 213
COLE SMUTNEY #44 TRUE FRESHMAN 6'0 212

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Saw that.  I also noticed how smallish the LB's are in general.

2021 NDSU FOOTBALL DEPTH CHART
OFFENSE HEIGHT WEIGHT


WLB JAMES KACZOR #26 JUNIOR 6-0 211
MASON HOFSTEDT #51 JUNIOR 6-0 225
JUANEYE TILLMAN #34 SOPHOMORE 5-11 238
OSCAR BENSON #42 TRUE FRESHMAN 6-0 180

MLB JACKSON HANKEY #52 JUNIOR 6-1 220
LUKE WEERTS #47 SOPHOMORE 6-1 219
DYLAN HENDRICKS #50 REDSHIRT FRESHMAN 6-2 231
MARK STUMPF #48 SOPHOMORE 6-2 225

SLB JASIR COX #49 JUNIOR 6-0 207
COLE WISNIEWSKI #31 TRUE FRESHMAN 6-3 218
MITCHELL KARTES #45 SOPHOMORE 6-0 207
NICK KUBITZ #49 REDSHIRT FRESHMAN 6-2 213
COLE SMUTNEY #44 TRUE FRESHMAN 6'0 212

They were fine there last year from what I saw. I think it's more so their DL isn't the force it used to be. Although, they are probably still pretty tough......

 

I do remember the Weerts kid was a highly touted recruit and Hankey is a walk on from small town ND, which I don't think Entz gives two craps about playing North Dakota kids anymore. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FlinFlan80 said:

They were fine there last year from what I saw. I think it's more so their DL isn't the force it used to be. Although, they are probably still pretty tough......

 

I do remember the Weerts kid was a highly touted recruit and Hankey is a walk on from small town ND, which I don't think Entz gives two craps about playing North Dakota kids anymore. 

At the moment, I would guess Entz just wants to stop the bleeding.  SIU destroyed the mighty Bison.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Saw that.  I also noticed how smallish the LB's are in general.

2021 NDSU FOOTBALL DEPTH CHART
OFFENSE HEIGHT WEIGHT


WLB JAMES KACZOR #26 JUNIOR 6-0 211
MASON HOFSTEDT #51 JUNIOR 6-0 225
JUANEYE TILLMAN #34 SOPHOMORE 5-11 238
OSCAR BENSON #42 TRUE FRESHMAN 6-0 180

MLB JACKSON HANKEY #52 JUNIOR 6-1 220
LUKE WEERTS #47 SOPHOMORE 6-1 219
DYLAN HENDRICKS #50 REDSHIRT FRESHMAN 6-2 231
MARK STUMPF #48 SOPHOMORE 6-2 225

SLB JASIR COX #49 JUNIOR 6-0 207
COLE WISNIEWSKI #31 TRUE FRESHMAN 6-3 218
MITCHELL KARTES #45 SOPHOMORE 6-0 207
NICK KUBITZ #49 REDSHIRT FRESHMAN 6-2 213
COLE SMUTNEY #44 TRUE FRESHMAN 6'0 212

They can be smaller because of their system. Travis Beck is the best example of that.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

At the moment, I would guess Entz just wants to stop the bleeding.  SIU destroyed the mighty Bison.

So you bench your captain, leading tackler, and pre-season All Conference/All American? Pull him aside and allow him to keep leading the way he has been. Don't make an example of that kid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

So you bench your captain, leading tackler, and pre-season All Conference/All American? Pull him aside and allow him to keep leading the way he has been. Don't make an example of that kid.

I was referring to your comment about Entz and ND kids.  No idea why they benched Hankey.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I was referring to your comment about Entz and ND kids.  No idea why they benched Hankey.

Ahhh gotcha. I've been pretty critical of Entz, so I do need to cool it and back off. As much as I support UND, I will quickly say NDSU's dominant past had some phenomenal coaching. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Ahhh gotcha. I've been pretty critical of Entz, so I do need to cool it and back off. As much as I support UND, I will quickly say NDSU's dominant past had some phenomenal coaching. 

No question about NDSU having some great coaching the last decade.  Unless last Saturday was a fluke, Entz and co have their work cut out for themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

I know where you can get some "We want Bama" t-shirts real cheap (or whatever the hell they say).

I believe they said "Bring on 'Bama". Either way, it was a death wish they should be grateful wasn't granted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

They can be smaller because of their system. Travis Beck is the best example of that.

With the right mix of stimulants, correct. #itwasn'tbennewmans'speeches

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Santiago tackled for loss. Otis bounces off and spins.

actually I always remember Santiago side stepping the D Line in the hole at Wyoming.  Santiago side steps and bounces out to edge..  Both score touchdowns!!:)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FSSD said:

actually I always remember Santiago side stepping the D Line in the hole at Wyoming.  Santiago side steps and bounces out to edge..  Both score touchdowns!!:)

if dalton gee is in he's probably tackled for a big loss...as awesome as otis's play was there THREE jacks inthe backfield.  not good but with OW skill set he took it to the house.

when people are wondering why dalton was the starter they can point to this play as being a "GAME WINNER"...if iirc it was on third down?  if dalton gets tackled for a loss we probably and punt and who knows what happens

otis>luke>gee

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...