Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season


Recommended Posts

Does anyone know what MVFC TV is?  It's listed under the Youngstown and Missouri state games on our schedule, but I can't find any information on it on UND's website.  I clicked on the "watch" tab, on the homepage, and looked at the television section, and the television section still has 2018/2019 season information, and it lists UND football games on Pluto TV still.  https://fightinghawks.com/news/2018/6/22/785161.aspx  Under "WatchESPN", football isn't included.  Edit: From the "watch" section, the "streaming" button takes you to the same outdated information as above. 

On UND's website, the section "current broadcast schedule" also does not list streaming as an option https://fightinghawks.com/coverage.aspx

Edit: pretty sure the "UND Insider 24/7" page is broken: "Whoops! This embed is misconfigured.  (Developers: Please check your browser console for more information)"  https://fightinghawks.com/sports/2018/11/28/und-insider-24-7.aspx?path=general 

Under the watch tab, "UND Insider" is listed twice, and both links take you to the same page.  

Fighting Hawks Daily is also listed under the watch tab even though they stopped posting new episodes in December, and Sit Down and Cheer is still listed despite not having a new episode in over a year.

Under 'Mobile Apps", Pluto TV: "Pluto TV will air all home and away conference football, volleyball, and men's and women's basketball games."  and WatchESPN: "All home volleyball and basketball games along with a select number of away conference games will be available on ESPN3 and ESPN+ on the WatchESPN platform."     Both sections are completely wrong or have incorrect or contradictory info.

Basically nothing on UND's website is up to date.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SS.com folks. This is Shannon Schweigert and what you are about to read is a shameless plug  Kelly Howe and I continue to produce the UND Football 360 podcast this spring season and we invite you to l

Hi fellas, I’ve enjoyed your banter and analysis for ten plus years. The Whooping I watched today was my most enjoyable UND football game since getting liquored up back in the day at the “Best Bet”  i

The Big Sky is soft they said. Wait until your have to play real teams they said. Wait until you have to play in the Missouri valley Football conference they said. It will be a reality

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Alex Heinert calls a good game!!  "Deion Harris To The House" is epic. 

Agreed, Heinert does a great job! I was really impressed with him when he started hockey as well. Guy is just a real professional and always enthusiastic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Agreed, Heinert does a great job! I was really impressed with him when he started hockey as well. Guy is just a real professional and always enthusiastic.

He's seriously talented and will make it to a national network someday IMO.  Pretty incredible how he can call basketball, hockey, and football, all so well. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I would wish him the best, but for now, lets just keep him at Midco! haha

Probably the next Clay Matvick.  Will call regional games for ESPN / freelance.  Agree that he's very professional, and transitions seamlessly between the sports.  That's a lot different color commentators to gel with, as well.  He was a workhorse last weekend, and will be again this upcoming weekend.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

Does anyone know what MVFC TV is?  It's listed under the Youngstown and Missouri state games on our schedule, but I can't find any information on it on UND's website.  I clicked on the "watch" tab, on the homepage, and looked at the television section, and the television section still has 2018/2019 season information, and it lists UND football games on Pluto TV still.  https://fightinghawks.com/news/2018/6/22/785161.aspx  Under "WatchESPN", football isn't included.  Edit: From the "watch" section, the "streaming" button takes you to the same outdated information as above. 

On UND's website, the section "current broadcast schedule" also does not list streaming as an option https://fightinghawks.com/coverage.aspx

Edit: pretty sure the "UND Insider 24/7" page is broken: "Whoops! This embed is misconfigured.  (Developers: Please check your browser console for more information)"  https://fightinghawks.com/sports/2018/11/28/und-insider-24-7.aspx?path=general 

Under the watch tab, "UND Insider" is listed twice, and both links take you to the same page.  

Fighting Hawks Daily is also listed under the watch tab even though they stopped posting new episodes in December, and Sit Down and Cheer is still listed despite not having a new episode in over a year.

Under 'Mobile Apps", Pluto TV: "Pluto TV will air all home and away conference football, volleyball, and men's and women's basketball games."  and WatchESPN: "All home volleyball and basketball games along with a select number of away conference games will be available on ESPN3 and ESPN+ on the WatchESPN platform."     Both sections are completely wrong or have incorrect or contradictory info.

Basically nothing on UND's website is up to date.

 

UND has not updated their website. The game is streamed on ESPN+ and the listings were updated this morning. Check the ESPN+ website.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

UND has not updated their website. The game is streamed on ESPN+ and the listings were updated this morning. Check the ESPN+ website.

We are on the same page. 

Someone said that UND has done plenty to make sure it is known that the games will be on ESPN3/+.  I was just pointing out why there may be some confusion, because I completely disagree with that.  I just don't think it's too much to ask that UND updates it's website after changing conferences 2+ years ago. 

Looks like they updated the streaming section within the past hour.  I also messaged Wigness and he was very responsive.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gfhockey said:

Damn I liked him as a color guy. He told it like it is

no sugar coating like ralston

True, PR would never ever call out a coach and team for "choking" a game away. Oh wait. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

All MVFC games have been on ESPN3/ESPN+ since 2016.  UND and the MVFC have done plenty to make it known that conference games would air on their network.  How bout some personable responsibility to find something out on your own.  Sorry to come off like an ass, but seriously, its 2021.  If you want to find out information, you don't have to wait for it to be spoon fed to you.  Look it up!! :D

It's a bit of a curiosity why you think people haven't been digging. As of two minutes ago, the game being streamed on espn+ is still not indicated on the fightinghawks website.  The Espn+ program guide has, however. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, HawksHoops said:

Agreed, UND is doing a poor job of advertising the game on ESPN+.  Strangely, on the schedule below, if you click on the "TV" icon to the right of Home of Economy Radio Network on the game, it links to the ESPN+ page.  It just should not be this difficult

https://fightinghawks.com/sports/football/schedule

They added that sometime this afternoon/evening.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Not tkt master said:

SS.com folks. This is Shannon Schweigert and what you are about to read is a shameless plug :) Kelly Howe and I continue to produce the UND Football 360 podcast this spring season and we invite you to listen in each week: https://undfootball360.com/news/undfb360-pregame-show-spring-week-1-vs-southern-illinois/  We enjoy bringing the show to fans of Fighting Sioux | Fighting Hawks Football. We don't have a radio broadcast partner this spring, but we are working on having one again by fall. In the meantime our weekly podcasts are available on the UND Football 360 website: www.undfootball360.com  You can also contact us on the site with questions, suggestions, and comments. We'd love to hear from you. GO HAWKS!!!

I listened to the pod yesterday while I was "working." Keep up the good work!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Not tkt master said:

SS.com folks. This is Shannon Schweigert and what you are about to read is a shameless plug :) Kelly Howe and I continue to produce the UND Football 360 podcast this spring season and we invite you to listen in each week: https://undfootball360.com/news/undfb360-pregame-show-spring-week-1-vs-southern-illinois/  We enjoy bringing the show to fans of Fighting Sioux | Fighting Hawks Football. We don't have a radio broadcast partner this spring, but we are working on having one again by fall. In the meantime our weekly podcasts are available on the UND Football 360 website: www.undfootball360.com  You can also contact us on the site with questions, suggestions, and comments. We'd love to hear from you. GO HAWKS!!!

I really enjoy listening to your podcasts and the write ups.  great analysis.  Although I take issue with Kelly's prediction this week.  :)

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...