Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SS.com folks. This is Shannon Schweigert and what you are about to read is a shameless plug  Kelly Howe and I continue to produce the UND Football 360 podcast this spring season and we invite you to l

Hi fellas, I’ve enjoyed your banter and analysis for ten plus years. The Whooping I watched today was my most enjoyable UND football game since getting liquored up back in the day at the “Best Bet”  i

The Big Sky is soft they said. Wait until your have to play real teams they said. Wait until you have to play in the Missouri valley Football conference they said. It will be a reality

Posted Images

On 9/12/2020 at 3:08 PM, UNDBIZ said:

At least judging from the UND football social media, they've been practicing this fall. 

I follow UND Football on FB, but I don't have Twitter.  I haven't seen anything posted anywhere about practicing since the fall season was cancelled.  I'm glad they are practicing, wish there would be more updates or stories on them then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I follow UND Football on FB, but I don't have Twitter.  I haven't seen anything posted anywhere about practicing since the fall season was cancelled.  I'm glad they are practicing, wish there would be more updates or stories on them then. 

I think Instagram is where I saw it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I follow UND Football on FB, but I don't have Twitter.  I haven't seen anything posted anywhere about practicing since the fall season was cancelled.  I'm glad they are practicing, wish there would be more updates or stories on them then. 

Teams that aren’t playing in the fall can still practice, they just have fewer hours that they can practice compared to teams that have a game in the fall. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Big Ten just reversed decision about no fall football. Mn State High School League is meeting as this is typed to decide about fall football....

The hot rumor right now on the MSHSL side (as the meeting is progressing) is that they will call a special meeting on Friday to decide whether or not to restore Fall FB/VB.  

 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

The hot rumor right now on the MSHSL side (as the meeting is progressing) is that they will call a special meeting on Friday to decide whether or not to restore Fall FB/VB.  

 

 

Someone has already filed a lawsuit about students not being able to play....

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Riverhawk said:

How many hours a week is the team restricted to for team practices?  Would that number change if they were playing any games this fall?  Are we going to regret not playing games this fall?

I may not be correct but I think they can practice 10 hours/wk, no more than 2 hours a day with no pads.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Orgeron's comments come on the heels of Texas Tech self-reporting five more cases of COVID-19 on Monday, bringing the team's total number of positive cases to 75 since players returned to campus in June.  (75 of roughly 100)

Isn't it clear this is the answer?  Texas Tech is almost thru the herd immunity process.  

I know for a fact the only symptom of a player in GF was loss of taste, that was his symptom.  Holy Crap, let's cancel the season until the guys can taste a grinder from the Red Pepper.  This is such a travesty.  I sure hope we were a dissenting voice in the Conference when the MVFC folded.

Seems unlikely when we voluntarily ended this years K-State game if i remember how that went down correctly.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Orgeron's comments come on the heels of Texas Tech self-reporting five more cases of COVID-19 on Monday, bringing the team's total number of positive cases to 75 since players returned to campus in June.  (75 of roughly 100)

Isn't it clear this is the answer?  Texas Tech is almost thru the herd immunity process.  

I know for a fact the only symptom of a player in GF was loss of taste, that was his symptom.  Holy Crap, let's cancel the season until the guys can taste a grinder from the Red Pepper.  This is such a travesty.  I sure hope we were a dissenting voice in the Conference when the MVFC folded.

Not a football player but an athlete at UND. I’m not arguing for cancelling the season just pointing this out. I want football too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Not a football player but an athlete at UND. I’m not arguing for cancelling the season just pointing this out. I want football too. 

And you'll have guys sit out because of a minor boo boo and other guys play thru sprained ankles and broken fingers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Riverhawk said:

How many hours a week is the team restricted to for team practices?  Would that number change if they were playing any games this fall?  Are we going to regret not playing games this fall?

Currently when a team is out of season...typically winter/spring, players and staff are restricted to 8 hours of interaction.  Because of CoVid I believe teams are allowed 12 hours per week, as the NCAA adjusted. Typically, fall football season is 20.  I believe Bubba said on a Fighting Hawks Daily, that they are strength and conditioning MWF, with practices with helmets (not full pads), Tuesday Thursdays.  I could be wrong as I get older, I don’t always remember exactly everything I hear....but I do believe everything I hear:D

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

And you'll have guys sit out because of a minor boo boo and other guys play thru sprained ankles and broken fingers.

^This ... if you have one kid that can't tie his shoes, do you make everyone else wear velcroe? Some people will have more severe symptoms, does that mean everyone else has to suffer the impact? I'm not saying people shouldn't exercise caution ... they should. I'm not saying teams, schools or leagues shouldn't have new rules in place ... they already do. But the overall numbers, don't seem to quite reflect the scary story that was preached several months ago.

I think we have seen an unknow (which was certainly unnerving) turn into a political agenda, with the public, students, athletes, fans, workers, and so many more taking the brunt of the impact.

It sucks! Life can't snap back to 100% normal overnight, but we should be working towards that. As much as I hated hockey getting cancelled last spring, it was more understandable, because we Covid was the unknown, but cancelling the football season, and bumping FCS back to spring seemed extremely hasty and premature (in my opinion).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020-21 Football Season

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...