Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bincitysioux

Nicholls St., Round 1

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

 

Don't waist our time, go home.

I am home.   But thats some pretty good humor considering the situation as you guys really arent known for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

He is missed

Saw him in Minneapolis circa 02/03, my favorite of all time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on the playoff berth, I sincerely feel it was deserved.

Had the chance to play at Nicholls back in the day and can say without a doubt it was my worst memories of an opposing fan base of anywhere we played.

Their fans were brutal with their language toward our team and we felt very threatened and unsafe on our sideline.
 

Hopefully times have changed and you all have a great experience, get the win and we all get to enjoy bonus NDSU/UND football this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Saw him in Minneapolis circa 02/03, my favorite of all time.

He's still my favorite but wasn't lucky enough to see him in person before he passed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ibleedgreen said:

He's still my favorite but wasn't lucky enough to see him in person before he passed. 

He opened for Louis Black, it was a great night of comedy. 
 

Hedberg had so many great ones, but I still think his Pringles bit is probably my favorite. Love his Donut joke though too. Man he was great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

He opened for Louis Black, it was a great night of comedy. 
 

Hedberg had so many great ones, but I still think his Pringles bit is probably my favorite. Love his Donut joke though too. Man he was great.

The dude had these best one liners of all time. Hands down. My fav was "An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Congrats on the playoff berth, I sincerely feel it was deserved.

Had the chance to play at Nicholls back in the day and can say without a doubt it was my worst memories of an opposing fan base of anywhere we played.

Their fans were brutal with their language toward our team and we felt very threatened and unsafe on our sideline.
 

Hopefully times have changed and you all have a great experience, get the win and we all get to enjoy bonus NDSU/UND football this year.

Sounds like a bunch of jerks with yurts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Congrats on the playoff berth, I sincerely feel it was deserved.

Had the chance to play at Nicholls back in the day and can say without a doubt it was my worst memories of an opposing fan base of anywhere we played.

Their fans were brutal with their language toward our team and we felt very threatened and unsafe on our sideline.
 

Hopefully times have changed and you all have a great experience, get the win and we all get to enjoy bonus NDSU/UND football this year.

They’re just jealous that we harvest our crops ourselves up here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their top receiver is back 6'4" - was out for some of their losses.

UND might actually have the special teams advantage.  They have two kickers and both don't seem to be very good.  If I remember right, UND has better kick return numbers and kick return defense, and I think they have two punts blocked, and I think we also have a better net punting average.  I think I read their net punt average was like 32 something and ours was 38 something.  We also have a better punt return average.

Their kickers do not have range or accuracy, it seems.  knock on wood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Thanks to gfhockey for guaranteeing that $3.75.  Just wasn't quite enough unfortunately ;)

LMAO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

 

Don't waist our time, go home.

Its hard for him to go home while the bizzzzzzzon are slipping!  

Make sure to get your season tickets to THE HAWKS NEST for next fall!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Thanks to gfhockey for guaranteeing that $3.75.  Just wasn't quite enough unfortunately ;)

https://www.houmatoday.com/news/20191124/nicholls-to-host-north-dakota-in-opening-round-of-fcs-playoffs?template=ampart

"Athletic Director Matt Roan confirmed to the Courier and Daily Comet prior to the selection show that Nicholls did submit a bid to host multiple rounds, similar to the bid they placed — and won with — last season. Nicholls offered a winning bid of $80,000 in guaranteed money to the NCAA in 2018, and while he did not give a specific number, Roan said this year's bid was slightly more competitive but in the same range."

So I guess you can assume that Nicholls bid was at least 80K.  Maybe 85K-90K.  We will find out I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Yeah whatever

.......so that's why you asked me for 3.00?! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, North Dakota said:

Seriously? Ok gfhockey where the hell did my $20 go???

Gas money to get to Minneapolis this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Chaves should be embarrassed and reprimanded for such a pathetic bid.  75K.....WTF?

Maybe he thought the clause "indoor plumbing included" that he added to the bid was worth an extra $20K?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Chaves should be embarrassed and reprimanded for such a pathetic bid.  75K.....WTF?

He was told it was Price is Right rules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...