Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
southpaw

Weber St GDT

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

"Longtime fan"

Have been and will forever be.  I’m extremely critical.   I expect wins not a .500 d1 record.  At what point in the d1 era does und expect to win these type of games. I would venture to say 10% thought und had a chance. The winning expectations don’t exist. And for good measure ...  Bubba CAN NOT win a big game. This one was close.  But close doesn’t cut it.   Also, what good would it be to make the playoffs and get embarrassed?  Maybe not even embarrassed just lose.  Und had a seed in “16”.   They had two weeks of healing up and dissecting opposing teams.  Home game with a great crowd. A completely broken Richmond team came to GF after a west coast trip the week before and walked away a victor. Und gained zero from that experience. Actually I would say it’s been a downfall since.  I feel the FCS should go to a 8 team playoff format. The other 16 teams are only there for participating ribbons.   Is there anything here that have I lied about ? Is there anything you would debunk ?  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Have been and will forever be.  I’m extremely critical.   I expect wins not a .500 d1 record.  At what point in the d1 era does und expect to win these type of games. I would venture to say 10% thought und had a chance. The winning expectations don’t exist. And for good measure ...  Bubba CAN NOT win a big game. This one was close.  But close doesn’t cut it.   Also, what good would it be to make the playoffs and get embarrassed?  Maybe not even embarrassed just lose.  Und had a seed in “16”.   They had two weeks of healing up and dissecting opposing teams.  Home game with a great crowd. A completely broken Richmond team came to GF after a west coast trip the week before and walked away a victor. Und gained zero from that experience. Actually I would say it’s been a downfall since.  I feel the FCS should go to a 8 team playoff format. The other 16 teams are only there for participating ribbons.   Is there anything here that have I lied about ? Is there anything you would debunk ?  

You're right. The program would be way better off and completely benefit from not making the playoffs. Nothing absolutely ridiculous to see here.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SiouxBoys said:

Imagine losing by 3 on the road at the number 3 team in the country and then posting this. Woof.

We all live the reality that und football never wins a big game. 10 years running. Some people are frustrated others accept it. The forum gives an outlet to everyone. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SiouxBoys said:

You're right. The program would be way better off and completely benefit from not making the playoffs. Nothing absolutely ridiculous to see here.

I’m never right.  I just need to hear what und has gained from the “16” playoff experience ?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Longtime fan said:

I’m never right.  I just need to hear what und has gained from the “16” playoff experience ?

So because of a bad 16' playoff experience, we should hope to not make the playoffs ever again? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

I’m never right.  I just need to hear what und has gained from the “16” playoff experience ?

Pretty weak mentality here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kab said:

We had a QB draw called and kett had a first down, so who the hell called the time out?

If the timeout was not called it was a delay of game penalty.  They threw the flag.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

So because of a bad 16' playoff experience, we should hope to not make the playoffs ever again? 

I’ve laid out my reasonings.  What’s yours 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Longtime fan said:

I’ve laid out my reasonings.  What’s yours 

I want the team to play well in the final two games and then make the playoffs. That's what I want.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

I want the team to play well in the final two games and then make the playoffs. That's what I want.

Great.  So do I.  How about bubba on winning the “big” games?  Has he excelled at that?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

This right here.  I’m at the point I’d rather und not make the playoffs so the embarrassment is kept at a regional sake and not a nation wide publicity.  Deflating  

 

Anyone who spells UND lowercase is hiding something. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Longtime fan said:

Great.  So do I.  How about bubba on winning the “big” games?  Has he excelled at that?!

You actually dont though. You've already said you don't want them in the playoffs. I'm done with this pointless discussion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SiouxBoys said:

You actually dont though. You've already said you don't want them in the playoffs. I'm done with this pointless discussion

Sounds good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Great.  So do I.  How about bubba on winning the “big” games?  Has he excelled at that?!

Honestly, going into the game did you think UND had a chance?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

Number 23 takes on number 3 at number threes home field. 
Number 23 spots number three 14 points. 
Number 23 looses by three points. 
 

I know and feel the heartache but the Sioux showed some stuff today 

Most frustrating was we had a chance to get up by double digits, if we do we win easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Most frustrating was we had a chance to get up by double digits, if we do we win easily.

Very true 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Right.  Where do you stand with a bubba led team. 

He doesn’t inspire me and there are a litany of issues that should have been fixed by him that haven’t been. That said I want this team to do as well as possible and I am more than fine with them making the playoffs at the risk of getting their asses kicked.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WILDCAT said:

Im sure the last thing you guys want is an opposing team's fan here saying anything but that was a hell of a game. North Dakota had a game plan and they executed very well. A bad bounce is the difference in this one. 

These games between our two schools have been battles, im gonna miss seeing these games on our schedules. Hopefully we can get a series scheduled in the near future.

 

Good luck, win out and lets do this again in the playoffs.

I appreciate the post. It’s nice to see there is some chivalry and class left in this world. We’re a bit more bitter around here. Justified or not. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Great.  So do I.  How about bubba on winning the “big” games?  Has he excelled at that?!

I count UC Davis, SHSU and MSU as big games they won this year. You don’t?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I count UC Davis, SHSU and MSU as big games they won this year. You don’t?

That time we beat eventual #6 seed PSU on the road?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I count UC Davis, SHSU and MSU as big games they won this year. You don’t?

 

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

That time we beat eventual #6 seed PSU on the road?

But we beat them, so they weren't actually any good. 

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...