Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NoiseInsideMyHead

ND High School Hockey 2019-20

Recommended Posts

Might as well get this started.

First question...what the heck is going on over at Red River?  https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4739125-Red-River-boys-hockey-coaching-job-reopens-Ryan-LaDouceur-to-take-job-with-UND-hockey  Did UND cold-bloodedly poach him?  Is this a character issue (what kind of coach leaves a HS -- their alma mater, no less -- high and dry 2 weeks before the season), is this a culture issue at RR (long time coach gone under cloud of controversy, can't hold on to the replacement, what next?), or maybe a little of both?  Does anybody come out of this smelling like a rose?  Should non-teacher coaches even be considered for HS/prep jobs?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the players are choosing to go to gfc

 

duece thought he could recruit them back to gfrr but didn’t eork

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't blame the guy; salary for RR job appears to be $5687.  The demands and BS on a HS coach are ridiculous; people aren't lining up for these jobs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Devils said:

Can't blame the guy; salary for RR job appears to be $5687.  The demands and BS on a HS coach are ridiculous; people aren't lining up for these jobs.  

Exactly. Especially in GF 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tbone said:

KNOX reports Mike Lamoine has been hired for Red River

And what is his background?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

And what is his background?

Gobc

 

ex standout if gfrr and und playa

 

current principal at a school in the best hockey city in nd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ChadR said:

When do tryouts start for RR/GFC/EGF?

Not sure for those, but I believe it's Nov 12 for the Moorhead Spuds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe Minnesota boys hockey starts on Monday Nov 11.  Guessing ND is behind that by a week (or two).

Any big story lines this year?  Any team challenge Central?  Where does RR end up? For my curiosity, can a small ND town like Grafton ever win again?

I believe EGF has a former RR goalie that should've played last year for them.  They also have Panzer and hopefully Parker is healthy finally.  I see on schedule that Bismarck has been added.  Seems odd add as playing GF teams 4 times already is a lot of out of state.  Most of their other opponents out of section are state participants so a challenging schedule again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2019 at 11:23 PM, Smoggy said:

I believe Minnesota boys hockey starts on Monday Nov 11.  Guessing ND is behind that by a week (or two).

Any big story lines this year?  Any team challenge Central?  Where does RR end up? For my curiosity, can a small ND town like Grafton ever win again?

I believe EGF has a former RR goalie that should've played last year for them.  They also have Panzer and hopefully Parker is healthy finally.  I see on schedule that Bismarck has been added.  Seems odd add as playing GF teams 4 times already is a lot of out of state.  Most of their other opponents out of section are state participants so a challenging schedule again.

ND high school hockey starts tomorrow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just irritated by more and more kids choosing not to play ND high school hockey.  I know its discussed at the coaches meetings, but something seriously needs to be done.  Double class system, more games, statewide league....I don't know..... 

In Minot I know of at least four kids that have went the midget hockey route.  And those are all kids who have strong ties to the Minot Hockey community.  

And then you'll have of all names...a Panzer playing AGAINST GFC this year for East Grand. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I'm just irritated by more and more kids choosing not to play ND high school hockey.  I know its discussed at the coaches meetings, but something seriously needs to be done.  Double class system, more games, statewide league....I don't know..... 

In Minot I know of at least four kids that have went the midget hockey route.  And those are all kids who have strong ties to the Minot Hockey community.  

And then you'll have of all names...a Panzer playing AGAINST GFC this year for East Grand. 

I’m 100% with you on this and share your frustration. It’s getting worse every single year. Even when there are examples of kids who stayed through their SR in both the east AND west and made it D1. Then the large majority of these kids who leave early to sit on the bench of a crap jr team and kill their careers. Hard to comprehend what these parents are thinking by pushing their kids out early to ruin their development. 
 

Why not stick around and learn how to be a leader of a team, score a ton of points and finish out high school with your lifetime friends. There’s plenty of time to go play hockey after that. I too often see kids leave too early get beat down and ruin their development. 

if you’re good enough, they’ll find you anywhere. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2019 at 7:29 AM, Wilbur said:

I'm just irritated by more and more kids choosing not to play ND high school hockey.  I know its discussed at the coaches meetings, but something seriously needs to be done.  Double class system, more games, statewide league....I don't know..... 

In Minot I know of at least four kids that have went the midget hockey route.  And those are all kids who have strong ties to the Minot Hockey community.  

And then you'll have of all names...a Panzer playing AGAINST GFC this year for East Grand. 

So frustrating. Heck we had a kid from here who I have coached in peewees for 2 years leave to play AAA in Sioux Falls and he just turned 14. I absolutely hate it 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sioux rube said:

So frustrating. Heck we had a kid from here who I have coached in peewees for 2 years leave to play AAA in Sioux Falls and he just turned 14. I absolutely hate it 

And it isn't just a hockey issue. You are having complete strangers raising your kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

And it isn't just a hockey issue. You are having complete strangers raising your kid.

Without a doubt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to be the best you have to play the best.

AAA hockey is the best competition you can find at any level in the US. Grand Forks may want to look into a AAA Team and league. I wouldn't even let my son play high school hockey in Ill. As it was such a drop in competition. The only Mn. team that was any competition was Shattucks and we beat them in a weekend series.

There a lot of canadian teams in the area for AAA league.

If you want to be the best you have to play the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:51 AM, sioux rube said:

So frustrating. Heck we had a kid from here who I have coached in peewees for 2 years leave to play AAA in Sioux Falls and he just turned 14. I absolutely hate it 

Don't blame the kid, blame the system.  I'm sure he'd rather be at home playing hockey with his friends and sleeping in his own bed than billeting in Sioux Falls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Yote 53 said:

Don't blame the kid, blame the system.  I'm sure he'd rather be at home playing hockey with his friends and sleeping in his own bed than billeting in Sioux Falls.

He tells me he loves it and will definitely be going back next season. We shall see 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...