SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SiouxFan100

UND- NDSU GDT 9/7/2019

On 9/9/2019 at 9:27 PM, nd1sufan said:

The illegal blind side block was on the 2nd Tutsie interception. I don't think it was a blind side block. The defended that laid the block was facing the UND offensive player that was pursing Tutsie. In fact, the NDSU player was fairly stationary and the UND player pretty much ran into him. 

But it was flagged, penalized, ... illegal. 

You may not think it was a blind side, but the guy with a yellow hankie and striped shirt thought it was. 

On 9/8/2019 at 7:42 AM, fightingsioux4life said:

NDSU is NOT an FBS program. And if they ever moved up for real, they would find that out pretty quickly. They could win the Sun Belt (which is pure garbage) and have some success in the Big 12 (lots of bad programs in that conference). But anything above that, they would get worn down by the depth and athleticism of FBS teams and their 85 scholarships. Look for some "Bring on Bama" or "Bring on Clemson" nonsense from the Moo U faithful in the coming weeks and months.

They are not a FBS program, but on our schedule they fill the void of a FBS opponent due to talent level. program size and recent win percentage versus other FCS opponents, compared to UND. Painful, but true. They are not on Bama's or Clemson's level so those fans that think they are, need to put the crack pipe down.

On 9/8/2019 at 4:10 PM, UND1981 said:

When the Bison win the next 4 FCS championships with this new QB, they need to move up to FBS.  I know Darrell won't agree with me.  Nobody will come close to beating them this year.  Talk about a reload.  Lose 24 seniors and your head coach and don't miss a beat.

The Bison want to maintain regional dominance. Big fish in small pond. I'm not sure they want to join a Power 5 conference.

On 9/8/2019 at 4:10 PM, UND1981 said:

2 hours ago, Old School Guy said:

The Bison want to maintain regional dominance. Big fish in small pond. I'm not sure they want to join a Power 5 conference.

success in the fcs has no correlation to a moveup to FBS...either you move up and be an indy like Liberty (SiouxVolley correctly predicted btw) or you get a conference invite...NDAC aint doing the first or getting the second anytime soon regardless of how many D1-AA titles they win.

the summit/bsc/mvfc move up is theeeeee only way to FBS for all scholls in this region.

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

success in the fcs has no correlation to a moveup to FBS...either you move up and be an indy like Liberty (SiouxVolley correctly predicted btw) or you get a conference invite...NDAC aint doing the first or getting the second anytime soon regardless of how many D1-AA titles they win.

the summit/bsc/mvfc move up is theeeeee only way to FBS for all scholls in this region.

But according to some people on Bisonville and even here, they are already an FBS program who happens to play down a level. And their QBs are better than nearly all FBS QBs. :silly:

I have said this before and I will say it again: Playing one FBS money game early in the season is not the equivalent of playing a full FBS schedule week after week. They could win the Sun Belt on a regular basis, but that only gets you a mid-level Bowl game at best. And if they started playing SEC, ACC and Big 10 teams on a regular basis, they would quickly find out how different that world is from the one they are in right now.

• Upvote 1