SiouxSports.com Forum

Enrollment

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

48 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Well.... this.... this has gotten a bit awkward now hasnt it. 

Lol.........that was back in the day when Noren (and Selke) was strictly a female dorm.  As previously mentioned now there are male and female suites on the same floors. Not a fan of that.

• Upvote 1

Johnstone, Fulton, and Bek should be brought down. Probably Smith too. They were decrepit in the 1980s. 

The unoccupied one that surprises me is Swanson. However, with the Union being rebuilt next door idling Swanny for a year makes sense as its food service was in the Union. I hope they're using the time to refresh Swanson.

And before folks ask, with Walsh idled, ... the hockey team is at U Place (and that's directly from one of the freshmen). 

11 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Walsh was idled??? Terrible.

They should tear down any dorm that isn't suite-style.  Nobody wants a bathroom down the hall.

I personally enjoyed having the large group bathrooms. Never had to wait to shower or use the restroom. If I recall, they got cleaned daily or every other day too which was appreciated.

• Upvote 1

UMary made list of USNWR as a national U for the first time.  Before it was a regional university.

UND has helped their engineering programs by partnering with it.  It wouldn’t surprise if they took hockey DI as they are eliglble and the WCHA needs local teams now.  And their business and medicine programs continue to expand.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/university-of-mary-2992/photos

• 2 weeks later...

Official UND student enrollment for the 2019 fall semester is down about 2% from last year.

UND’s overall headcount came in at 13,581 for the 2019 fall semester, compared to 13,847 students last year. The university added an additional 209 students since its first-day numbers in August.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/4682535-UND-enrollment-down-slightly-from-fall-2018

On 9/9/2019 at 10:42 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Johnstone, Fulton, and Bek should be brought down. Probably Smith too. They were decrepit in the 1980s. 

The unoccupied one that surprises me is Swanson. However, with the Union being rebuilt next door idling Swanny for a year makes sense as its food service was in the Union. I hope they're using the time to refresh Swanson.

And before folks ask, with Walsh idled, ... the hockey team is at U Place (and that's directly from one of the freshmen). 

Having been an RA and seeing all the buildings, and personally lived in Walsh, JF and Bek, I respectfully think your list is crap. JF and Bek are some of the best dorms on campus. Most students, myself included, prefered the larger rooms over the tiny suite bathrooms. 

If any dorms should be demolished or remolded, it should be every dorm in the Wilkerson complex. Those were tiny and decrepit. 

As a side note, my mom made me stay in Walsh my freshman year because it was the only boys only dorm because she didn't think freshmen should be in coed dorms. I'm pretty sure that dorm had as many girls in as any of the actual coeds. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2019 at 10:28 PM, Rebel_Sioux said:

Having been an RA and seeing all the buildings, and personally lived in Walsh, JF and Bek, I respectfully think your list is crap.

Congrats. But if we're comparing resume and experiences ... 

I was the most tenured RA on campus the day I left Housing. I toured every hall on campus during my years (including East Hall). I lived in Walsh, and then Hancock.

I'll take a suite over "cattle showers" every time.

Hancock had just been converted from "cattle showers" to multiple shared single baths when I was there. Better, but I still missed my private RA suites from Walsh. 

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I was the most tenured RA on campus the day I left Housing. I toured every hall on campus during my years (including East Hall). I lived in Walsh, and then Hancock.

Hancock had just been converted from "cattle showers" to multiple shared single baths when I was there. Better, but I still missed my private RA suites from Walsh. 

Pretty tough to be a 7 year undergrad RA.......but who's counting! :wink:

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I mean, I toured them all too. And I stand by my statement. Admittedly some people preferred the Wilkerson complex but that was usually because of the proximity to aerospace or the easy access to late night at Wilkerson. So I guess we will have to agree to disagree. 

23 hours ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

... I stand by my statement. 

I'll stand by this: 

There was no better RA gig to have than an east wing in Walsh. Those were private suites. You had a bathroom to yourself and no suitemates (because the other part of the suite had been separated from the suite and was part of the common laundry area and kitchenette). 

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'll stand by this: 

There was no better RA gig to have than an east wing in Walsh. Those were private suites. You had a bathroom to yourself and no suitemates (because the other part of the suite had been separated from the suite and was part of the common laundry area and kitchenette). 

lol, i think I know you

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/9/2019 at 10:42 AM, The Sicatoka said:

I lived in Smith for a year. It was old then(1984-85)