SiouxSports.com Forum

Enrollment

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

Capturing online learning is an area I feel that past administrations set UND up well to succeed.  We are in a much better spot than other area colleges.  We could dig up past discussions on this board of some people stating that UND was doing the wrong thing in putting emphasis to online learning.  

Numbers are in at NDSU. The graphic in the story-link says it all. 

https://www.inforum.com/news/education/4635790-NDSUs-enrollment-sees-sharpest-drop-in-five-years-lowest-level-since-2008-preliminary-counts-say

And NDSU is trying to spin 90% dorm occupancy as a “good thing” in point 2 in this link (Hint: they have bonds on dorm buildings to pay off, will 90% occupancy do that?) 

https://www.inforum.com/news/4634346-5-things-to-know-today-Radisson-upgrade-NDSU-housing-Teacher-contract-impasse-hawks-logo-35000-Bison-fans

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Numbers are in at NDSU. The graphic in the story-link says it all. 

https://www.inforum.com/news/education/4635790-NDSUs-enrollment-sees-sharpest-drop-in-five-years-lowest-level-since-2008-preliminary-counts-say

And NDSU is trying to spin 90% dorm occupancy as a “good thing” in point 2 in this link (Hint: they have bonds on dorm buildings to pay off, will 90% occupancy do that?) 

https://www.inforum.com/news/4634346-5-things-to-know-today-Radisson-upgrade-NDSU-housing-Teacher-contract-impasse-hawks-logo-35000-Bison-fans

Start an advertising campaign for NDSU that Rep Ilhan Omar was a proud graduate of the Fargo institution and parents would be so appalled that they wouldn’t send their kids there.  The enrollment would drop like a Rock as Mizzou experienced.

10 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Start an advertising campaign for NDSU that Rep Ilhan Omar was a proud graduate of the Fargo institution and parents would be so appalled that they wouldn’t send their kids there.  The enrollment would drop like a Rock as Mizzou experienced.

I dont know, having a Nazi benefactor didnt seem to have much of an impact on UND's enrollment.

But yeah, really would rather avoid it being advertised that she went to NDSU. Regardless of political opinions, she's a disaster of a person lmaoo

I'm glad UND is consolidating forms, just makes the most fiscal sense. The long term trend is less college students available nationwide. 

Might be time to knock a couple of them down and work on the planning for dorms that are more like apartments to keep upper classmen on campus or able to accommodate future flucations. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, northernraider said:

I'm glad UND is consolidating forms, just makes the most fiscal sense. The long term trend is less college students available nationwide. 

Might be time to knock a couple of them down and work on the planning for dorms that are more like apartments to keep upper classmen on campus or able to accommodate future flucations. 

Nice dorms would not doubt help with attendance as well.  

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

My daughter is a Fr. staying in Noren. That dorm has seen better days!

It was old 10 years ago when I was a freshman in that dorm, I can't imaging it being any better now. 

My roommate complained that he was too tall for the shower (he was 6'4)

Then again it was an all girls dorm until 2009-2010 when the made it co-ed.

1 minute ago, SWSiouxMN said:

It was old 10 years ago when I was a freshman in that dorm, I can't imaging it being any better now. 

My roommate complained that he was too tall for the shower (he was 6'4)

Then again it was an all girls dorm until 2009-2010 when the made it co-ed.

'Scoring Noren" it was called when I was there from '87-'91.