Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Recruiting


UND Fan
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, SooToo said:

So .... What's the status of the other four 20-21 commitments (3 women; 1 men) listed in the WIKI who didn't sign yesterday?

On the women's side, Olson committed to Brew in July of last year.  I do not know if that offer was still out there or if she decided to play elsewhere.  Her sister recently transferred from SMU to NDSU.  Lane was a PWO so that may be why she wasn't announced.  I expected VanderWal to be announced.  Not sure what is happening there.

I also don't know about Grant on the guy's side but we may have decided to keep that scholarship open. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/13/2020 at 5:43 PM, UND Fan said:

On the women's side, Olson committed to Brew in July of last year.  I do not know if that offer was still out there or if she decided to play elsewhere.  Her sister recently transferred from SMU to NDSU.  Lane was a PWO so that may be why she wasn't announced.  I expected VanderWal to be announced.  Not sure what is happening there.

I also don't know about Grant on the guy's side but we may have decided to keep that scholarship open. 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/13/2020 at 5:43 PM, UND Fan said:

On the women's side, Olson committed to Brew in July of last year.  I do not know if that offer was still out there or if she decided to play elsewhere.  Her sister recently transferred from SMU to NDSU.  Lane was a PWO so that may be why she wasn't announced.  I expected VanderWal to be announced.  Not sure what is happening there.

I also don't know about Grant on the guy's side but we may have decided to keep that scholarship open. 

 

Olson ended up joining her sister and signing with NDSU as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/13/2020 at 5:43 PM, UND Fan said:

On the women's side, Olson committed to Brew in July of last year.  I do not know if that offer was still out there or if she decided to play elsewhere.  Her sister recently transferred from SMU to NDSU.  Lane was a PWO so that may be why she wasn't announced.  I expected VanderWal to be announced.  Not sure what is happening there.

I also don't know about Grant on the guy's side but we may have decided to keep that scholarship open. 

 

Are there PWO’s in WBB? They have 15 scholarships. I thought everybody on roster was a scholarship athlete. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Are there PWO’s in WBB? They have 15 scholarships. I thought everybody on roster was a scholarship athlete. 

I shouldn’t have used the term “PWO”. Erica’s sister, Olivia, is on a BB scholarship and Erica simply wants to try to earn on spot on the roster. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, YixingLao said:

LOL I thought everyone on the roster are scholars too. I mean they are, right? If I am not wrong then I thinknthat is one of the benefits that they actually enjoy in being a apart of their teams. I am not sure about that lol just correct me if you want. 

With 15 scholarships, I don’t see how you wouldn’t have everybody on scholarship. Not sure the limit on a roster, but 15 seems like it should be the limit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

What I cannot understand is how could Roebuck recruit better "D2" players 20 years ago than our "D1" coaching staff can now?  Those girls would destroy the teams of the last 5 years or so.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

What I cannot understand is how could Roebuck recruit better "D2" players 20 years ago than our "D1" coaching staff can now?  Those girls would destroy the teams of the last 5 years or so.  

Landscape has changed over the last 20 years. I think back then there were about 200 Division 1 teams, now there is around 350.

The girls that played for UND and NDSU back in the late 80's and through the 90's would for the most part all be Division 1 recruits in today's world.

UND and NDSU were regularly regarded as top 40 teams in the country before the D1 explosion happened which also changed the recruiting world.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

oxbow 6  good observation and i have been one asking for a point guard but current roster now stands with Borowicz, Manson, Wallace, Lane, Orth, Gordon, Sieben, Roach, Hoskin, Anderson, and  Mcarthy. I think this is correct that will leave us Leet, Lane, Van Loo., and Vander Wal.  If i am wrong please correct me but i was going through lists and this is what i came up but i may be wrong. I hadn't realized all the guards Bernhard had recruited until i started going through the lists. We won't have alot of depth at forward spot compared to the past years. We will be caring three centers Leet, Van Loo, and Vander Wal. With Lane being only power forward on the list. We will have to be looking at some of the above guards to play small forward. Compared to last year when we had Fleecs, Lane, Zander, and Jarnot . I am curious what here plan is and what style of game she is planning to play with the current make up this team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/11/2021 at 4:49 AM, ND-fan said:

oxbow 6  good observation and i have been one asking for a point guard but current roster now stands with Borowicz, Manson, Wallace, Lane, Orth, Gordon, Sieben, Roach, Hoskin, Anderson, and  Mcarthy. I think this is correct that will leave us Leet, Lane, Van Loo., and Vander Wal.  If i am wrong please correct me but i was going through lists and this is what i came up but i may be wrong. I hadn't realized all the guards Bernhard had recruited until i started going through the lists. We won't have alot of depth at forward spot compared to the past years. We will be caring three centers Leet, Van Loo, and Vander Wal. With Lane being only power forward on the list. We will have to be looking at some of the above guards to play small forward. Compared to last year when we had Fleecs, Lane, Zander, and Jarnot . I am curious what here plan is and what style of game she is planning to play with the current make up this team.

Roach has another year of high school, so I think you have 12 scholarship players listed. 

One would have to assume they will be playing at a faster pace and looking to push the ball.

One would also think that they will still be looking for a pg this year for sure and then best overall skill/bball IQ they can get to fill out the roster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Faraway you are right Roach is only junior this year but looking at other players it looks like they only have one position opening for this coming year with their latest commit. I would think they are looking for another power forward for the coming year and probably transfer somebody with experience. The point guard position will probably be filled by Wallace, Borowicz, and Sieben for the coming year and then Roach would be candidate year after. We will be very young at the forward postion this coming year with only Lane returning to the team and i guess Gordon could play some forward. The new commits of Anderson 5-11, and McCarthy 6-1 probably will be looked at to play forward but alot to ask of true freshman and be able to compete in the conference. The three centers we have will probably share the playing time at that position. Van Loo will need to step her game up some and Vander Wal we have no idea of where she will be at without playing this year. So this why i got to believe they have to be looking for experience power forward for the coming season. Unless we get bunch of transfers next season this will be our team because Leet position is already recruited with Roach coming next year and Wallace but here she gets back last year in eligibility granted to all the players. Bernhard will not have alot of moves for 2022-2023 in changing make up her team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the Above post i forgot to mention Hoskin the new transfer and she looks like she can play forward but would me more of small forward but i do see her stats she is good at rebounding. She does give more depth at forward but i still think we need poward forward if were going to match up with number of teams in this conference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

UND has 6 players at 5' 10" or above on the roster currently going into next year.  The 3 incoming freshman and 1 transfer for next year are 5' 10" or above.  3 from the roster are below 5' 10" not including Keplin.

Forgot about Sieben, so that would be 4 below 5' 10".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...