Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
UND Fan

2020-2021 Recruiting

Recommended Posts

New offer: 

SG Cade Haskins, 6'6", Minneapolis (DeLaSalle), MN  

One service has him as the No. 7 MN prospect for 2021.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sather has offered Paul Bruns, a 6'4" guard from Dakota Valley HS, North Sioux City, SD.  As a freshman, he was a 5'11" PG, he is now 6'4".  I assume he has moved to SG as he is averaging nearly 30 points while grabbing 12 rebounds a game.  

So far, he has only received offers from Augie and USF but I am sure the SD schools are watching him closely.  I am not sure of the talent level of his competition but the kid appears to be very good.  Hopefully, offering him before USD and SDSU will work for us!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Sather has offered Paul Bruns, a 6'4" guard from Dakota Valley HS, North Sioux City, SD.  As a freshman, he was a 5'11" PG, he is now 6'4".  I assume he has moved to SG as he is averaging nearly 30 points while grabbing 12 rebounds a game.  

So far, he has only received offers from Augie and USF but I am sure the SD schools are watching him closely.  I am not sure of the talent level of his competition but the kid appears to be very good.  Hopefully, offering him before USD and SDSU will work for us!

A little quick research: They are in Class A in South Dakota. Looks like they play the schools around Sioux Falls and go into Iowa a few times for opponents.  Played a good Tiospa Zina squad at the Pentagon this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

 

Lien is listed as a PF (he is 210 lbs - nice size for his age) but he averaged 7+ 3 point shots per game, shooting 36% on them.  Shot 55% on non-3's and 81% from the line.  He actually averaged 23.8 with 10.7 rebounds as a junior for the 19-9 team.  Moorhead has offered him, not sure about anyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Lien is listed as a PF (he is 210 lbs - nice size for his age) but he averaged 7+ 3 point shots per game, shooting 36% on them.  Shot 55% on non-3's and 81% from the line.  He actually averaged 23.8 with 10.7 rebounds as a junior for the 19-9 team.  Moorhead has offered him, not sure about anyone else.

Wonder if Sather is looking for his UND version of Parker Fox. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Wonder if Sather is looking for his UND version of Parker Fox. 

I wish Sather would have been able to get Fox to come up here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I wish Sather would have been able to get Fox to come up here.

It would have been nice but it wasn't in the cards, Sueker could fit into that role for a little while however, he is fully capable. 

However, that is for another thread. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6’4 G from D2 Glennville was a freshman last year and averaged 16.4 and 5 boards and 3 APG. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

 

Bruns may develop into a very good ball player for us.  His younger brother is also very talented.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a nice snag for Sather, he really seems to be hitting SD hard for recruits. 

Another good guard, and one who can shoot, coming in.  

Wish he was coming THIS year, but alas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

That was a nice snag for Sather, he really seems to be hitting SD hard for recruits. 

Another good guard, and one who can shoot, coming in.  

Wish he was coming THIS year, but alas. 

Would expect Sather to know C/Sw MN and SD recruits really well.  And that has happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Father mentioned earlier that he was still looking for one more.  This would be interesting get.

 

3 hours ago, homer said:

You would have to think he is a serious option

I guess it all depends on what Sather wants to do with it.  Does he want someone who can help the team this coming season or the future.  Chatman would have to sit out but could use his redshirt so he would have 3 years to play.   You can never have too many ball handlers and would be a good option behind Nero at the point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

 

I guess it all depends on what Sather wants to do with it.  Does he want someone who can help the team this coming season or the future.  Chatman would have to sit out but could use his redshirt so he would have 3 years to play.   You can never have too many ball handlers and would be a good option behind Nero at the point. 

I would think that he would be immediately eligible, coming from a D2 school.  Or am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MoSiouxFan said:

I would think that he would be immediately eligible, coming from a D2 school.  Or am I missing something?

You are generally only eligible immediately if you drop down a division, not go up. But who knows anymore because there have been so many exceptions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, southpaw said:

You are generally only eligible immediately if you drop down a division, not go up. But who knows anymore because there have been so many exceptions. 

Got it.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2020 at 8:42 PM, spvod8 said:

 

Everyone expects him to be selected

nice first post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...