SiouxSports.com Forum

Men’s golf coach resigns

SiouxVolley

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

Is that still the case?

Last I heard, but would anyone REALLY have the balls to do it now, in the current environment?!  I doubt it.  I think they were planning to use some of the Ray Dicks funds to endow the golf program.  If things changed I don't know why they would do that, unless for PR purposes.

5 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Nice!  Didn't know that.

I saw it in the article about the coach leaving.  Its good that the program is being kept alive through donations, but at some point they do need this to be sustainable.  Its hard to keep a program going if you are just running year-to-year and don't know if this year will be the last. 

And I do hope they get there. 

27 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I saw it in the article about the coach leaving.  Its good that the program is being kept alive through donations, but at some point they do need this to be sustainable.  Its hard to keep a program going if you are just running year-to-year and don't know if this year will be the last. 

And I do hope they get there. 

Obviously not good for recruiting when it’s a year to year basis. 

8 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Last I heard, but would anyone REALLY have the balls to do it now, in the current environment?!  I doubt it.  I think they were planning to use some of the Ray Dicks funds to endow the golf program.  If things changed I don't know why they would do that, unless for PR purposes.

There was bill in the legislature this year that included a requirement that part(half?) of any money from a sale of Ray Richards go to fund the men's golf team. I think it passed, but I'm not positive. Of course that would only go into effect if UND actually sells the property.

12 minutes ago, Hammersmith said:

There was bill in the legislature this year that included a requirement that part(half?) of any money from a sale of Ray Richards go to fund the men's golf team. I think it passed, but I'm not positive. Of course that would only go into effect if UND actually sells the property.

It did pass.