SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 - 20 Women’s BB Season

SiouxFan100

10 minutes ago, RogerRoger12 said:

We are 9-3, with a chance to go to 10-3 in the non conference... it’s getting a little quite on this board, anyone who thought Brew should be fired must went to hide.  I’m sure the first sense of trouble the haters will be back out, but the quite right now is nice !  

With that said, with What that staff is doing with these freshman and the obvious development of the older players is unreal!  Summit League will be tough, but you can’t argue the start

Bold says it all.

• 2 weeks later...

Very impressed with the play of the freshmen this year.  That group, assuming they stick together and continue to improve, has an excellent chance of making a lot of noise for the next 4 years.  The SD teams are going to be tough to displace, but this group has the potential to be very special.

This kind of performance is kinda expected with what has happened in last few days. They lost one of their key players in Leet in that they are not deep at front line this year especially with young team. Also Reinke was just coming back which is needed but it also changes rotations of their guards so it has effects on performance and their offense. Then add in that they are playing there third game in week and being on the road to finish this week has effects on these young players. I think it will be positive for them on learning how to win and what they need to work on. A loss on the road is not unexpected but loosing at home hurts the most. They already have one road win and have held serve on their home court. They are in good position yet to be one of the top 3 teams in the conference. If they could steal win in South Dakota it would put them in very good position going forward but this going to be difficult task with loss of Leet. This is going be area where they will have hardest time matching up with South Dakota state because lack of depth and experience. I still think if we are shooting ball well and pressuring the basketball it should be good game.

Our freshman are getting taught lesson from South Dakota tonight but I would get to discouraged yet I got a feeling before season is over somebody going to see the other side of this team. It really hurts to have Leet lost for the conference season. My guess is that she will be non factor for rest of the season can't miss 8 weeks expect to be ready to play at the end. What has happen to Jaclyn Jarnot she just is not playing same as at the beginning of the season is she nursing injury we don't know about.  But with Leet out it takes that open look that our guards were getting when she played there and also how it opened up the middle for driving because she could hit that outside shot requiring post players to follow her out. Our girls need to have game where they start hitting some of their shots. Got give South Dakota credit though they do play good defense. It will be much different game here I believe and I am waiting for couple of these girls to step forward  in next couple of games to lead this team.

6 hours ago, ND-fan said:

Our freshman are getting taught lesson from South Dakota tonight but I would get to discouraged yet I got a feeling before season is over somebody going to see the other side of this team. It really hurts to have Leet lost for the conference season. My guess is that she will be non factor for rest of the season can't miss 8 weeks expect to be ready to play at the end. What has happen to Jaclyn Jarnot she just is not playing same as at the beginning of the season is she nursing injury we don't know about.  But with Leet out it takes that open look that our guards were getting when she played there and also how it opened up the middle for driving because she could hit that outside shot requiring post players to follow her out. Our girls need to have game where they start hitting some of their shots. Got give South Dakota credit though they do play good defense. It will be much different game here I believe and I am waiting for couple of these girls to step forward  in next couple of games to lead this team.

It was SDSU last night.......wait until they play USD. USD is rated in top 25 nationally. USD beat NDSU last night 80-36.

9 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

It was SDSU last night.......wait until they play USD. USD is rated in top 25 nationally. USD beat NDSU last night 80-36.

It was also SDSU minus their top player, pre-season all league pick Myah Selland in what is really a re-building year for SDSU. SDSU and USD are nationally recognized women's programs.

UND will be fine, you have a young team. My guess is your women learned some pretty good lessons last night as they will when they play USD in Vermillion. Hopefully UND does not do what NDSU did, give up on Women's basketball.

SDSU and USD need UND to be good. 

• Like 1

I have no doubt Selland is missed but your team is experienced team with number of seniors on this team plus sophomores and juniors with a lot of game experience. Und lost Leet not stand out player but experienced player plus area where they lacking a lot of experienced depth. The thing Leet brings to team is dominating size and presence when she plays defense and on offense was she was 6' 5" where she could pick up scrap buckets inside but something unique in that she could move out past 3 point line and hit that shot if she was not covered which meant that opened up the lane when she moved outside to feed ball to other players. This has changed our offense for our guards now and I believe its why were struggling to shoot the ball and they are going to have to get used to shooting with more pressure on them and in more crowed in the paint. This UND team is very young team with only one senior and couple of juniors on this team and even these players were first time seeing major minutes for this team. I do believe this UND team is going to be a presence by time tournament times rolls around because freshman are learning 

• Upvote 1