SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 - 20 Women’s BB Season

SiouxFan100

Just looking ahead a little.

we lose quite a few seniors and gain many highly touted freshmen.

seems like we need the freshman to make a big positive impact this season

i liked the way our retuning bigs progressed last year

can we find a few three point shooters 

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Lets get a tough non-conference schedule to toughen then up.

They will take their lumps but by the 2nd half of conference play, they will be a tough game night in and night out. 

I want to actually win some of the tough  non conference games - I assume that’s what you are saying 

tired of losing a bunch of games just to get tough 

ugh

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 3:53 PM, NewUndFan said:

What happened to Tiahna Nicholson from Thief River ?  I didn't see her on the roster this year.  I thought she was a highly regarded prospect for UND?

I don't remember the details but Nicholson had a fairly serious injury (knee, I think) that didn't improve during the season last year.  I wouldn't be surprised if that injury is the reason she is no longer on the team.  Also, nothing against her but I don't think she was such a "highly regarded prospect".  I think they thought she could contribute and they were happy to get her as she was local.

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't have said she had mixed results for UND but she was solid player that improved every year she was here with the school. She had total career pts of 838 in three seasons and would have gone over thousand career points if she would have finished here at UND.  Her last year here she had 13.2 scoring average, 7.7 rebounds a game, and played four different positions for UND.  This was done playing with Klabo the go to girl first for UND the last year and previous to that having Loyd and Dyer in the previous years ahead of her. I believe if she would have been on team last year and healthy they could have been in the mix at tournament time and if Brewster would have found point guard that could have shot from the outside. I believe she will have success out there may make NCAA tournament in her final year of eligibility if things go as predicted out there.

I was going to let your remark go then and then against my better judgement I going to respond. yes she had higher turner over rate than I would have like to see but when you ask a person to play out position because your guards can't bring the ball up against a press your going to have extra turn overs. Look at Klabo last year she was asked to do same thing to help bring the ball up court and look at her turn over rate she had over 100 turn overs last year. This has been problem since Dyer and Szabal graduated we haven't had guards that were quick enough and had ball handling skills to bring the ball up court. This has been one of my big complaints with Brewster his recruiting of guards has been anything but stellar and I don't see a lot of development in our guards even when they get here. We have had guards who had poor ball skills and sure couldn't shoot from outside. This coming year I have no idea if we have addressed this problem and my guess will be maybe. Brewster sure didn't learn from Roebuck that you needed girl or several girls to hit outside shot to make your post players that much more effective. Our only NCAA team had that in Madi Buck something he inherited from Roebuck. Also getting back To Fallyn her turn overs were in same area as Klabo's  and Miller's from SDSU but we never heard of them being turn over machines.  We are going to ask a lot from group of freshman to step forward and compete at division one level and that is why I believe we are going to really struggle for good part of the season. I will be glad to listen to other peoples train of thought for the coming season but maybe we will have better chemistry and hopefully some of girls that have been in program take a step forward this year.

5 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Holy crap.  How bad is Concordia??

Right!

I get it's an exhibition but why? What's the point of playing Concordia?

There are better women's intermural teams on campus.