Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

Recommended Posts

Is Herbst a low key pat you on the back type of coach or in your face let’s get going type of coach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember chaves has a bunch of connections out west so don’t be surprised to see some names of up and comers from the western part of the country l.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kab said:

Is Herbst a low key pat you on the back type of coach or in your face let’s get going type of coach

imagine a chubby rich glas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are looking at this all wrong. We need to get coaches with the same name as Notre Dame coaches. Find some other guy named Mike Brey. Then when they are recruiting they can just say, "hey I'm coach Brey from UND..."

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like UND basketball is the last division I job opening. What is the time line for the AD to start visiting with candidates? I was told this past weekend....but also heard that UND Human Resources wanted it posted officially for 2 weeks. That is crazy...

Never good timing I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UofND-Alum said:

Looks like UND basketball is the last division I job opening. What is the time line for the AD to start visiting with candidates? I was told this past weekend....but also heard that UND Human Resources wanted it posted officially for 2 weeks. That is crazy...

Never good timing I suppose.

State law.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

State law.

Does this also include plastering applicants' names all over the media, or do I recall some recent changes around that?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

State law.

State law that doesn't need to be followed.  There are several ways around it, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

State law that doesn't need to be followed.  There are several ways around it, no?

If you promote from within, then yes.  If it's posted externally, the minimum post period kicks in.  Now I don't think there's anything that specifically says you can't talk to applicants before the public posting period is up, but UND HR may recommend against it to keep from discouraging potential applicants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

Does this also include plastering applicants' names all over the media, or do I recall some recent changes around that?   

Yep.  Law was changed with regard to Presidential searches, so only the top 3 or so are publicized.  Pretty sure coach searches are still 100% public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Pretty sure coach searches are still 100% public.

Take it for what it is worth but the Fargo media claimed they could only get the names of the finalists for their WBB coaching search. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Take it for what it is worth but the Fargo media claimed they could only get the names of the finalists for their WBB coaching search. 

Just did some research and I was wrong.  They expanded the "3 finalists" provision to all state hiring.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one plus if horner gets it is that i would assume the roster wouldn't change too much bc he might have recruited a few/bunch of current players...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Just did some research and I was wrong.  They expanded the "3 finalists" provision to all state hiring.

I like the idea of interviewing a handful of "semi-finalists", naming one finalist for the job and offering said finalist.   

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

one plus if horner gets it is that i would assume the roster wouldn't change too much bc he might have recruited a few/bunch of current players...

I would like to have a proven winning head coach. Just sayin :silly: 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

I like the idea of interviewing a handful of "semi-finalists", naming one finalist for the job and offering said finalist.   

And then fully vetting the candidate after you name the finalist, maybe get some SJW's to see if they can dig up anything on them and then vote again.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, philjackson said:

I would like to have a proven winning head coach. Just sayin :silly: 

just saying starting from scratch sucks...there is talent there...would suck to have everyone transfer away and have no one left.

i'm good with herbst, horner, or boschee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, petey23 said:

And then fully vetting the candidate after you name the finalist, maybe get some SJW's to see if they can dig up anything on them and then vote again.

e.g. they hurt a player's feelings one time by yelling at them after dogging it on the three-man weave.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

just saying starting from scratch sucks...there is talent there...would suck to have everyone transfer away and have no one left.

i'm good with herbst, horner, or boschee

Sometimes a small step back to take a big leap forward is okay. They need to get the hire right, regardless of who leaves (which so far no one has, but that could chance of course). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Sometimes a small step back to take a big leap forward is okay. They need to get the hire right, regardless of who leaves (which so far no one has, but that could chance of course). 

Yeah I would hate to hire Horner only to keep our current roster. If he’s the right guy then great but not simply to keep the roster intact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...