SiouxSports.com Forum

Who’s Next?

sioux24/7

8 minutes ago, Sioux Lite said:

Have an in at the AD's office that tells me Boeschee is gonna be announced by the end of the week. Valley City is a proud town that will jump on the UND hoops wagon just for the coach!!

As a VCHS alum, I think it’s great...if true.  Not sure if he’s the best candidate as I do not know who else applied.  I think Herbst would’ve been a solid choice also.  The Boschee name will certainly inject some much needed excitement into the program at least.  

23 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

As a VCHS alum, I think it’s great...if true.  Not sure if he’s the best candidate as I do not know who else applied.  I think Herbst would’ve been a solid choice also.  The Boschee name will certainly inject some much needed excitement into the program at least.  

I would not be surprised if Jeff stays long enough he can turn us into the next Zags.

Edited by Nodak78

27 minutes ago, Sioux Lite said:

Have an in at the AD's office that tells me Boeschee is gonna be announced by the end of the week. Valley City is a proud town that will jump on the UND hoops wagon just for the coach!!

If this is true, man would I be thrilled. But I have my skepticism on the validity of this. 

• Like 1

I really miss the way the media used to be able to do open records requests to get the names of everyone that applies.

I get why the change was made, but it makes the process less interesting.

A Boschee hire would certainly have a bit of wow factor to it regionally.  He has a good coaching resume too.

Whoever does get hired will certainly be an upgrade.

14 hours ago, Sioux Lite said:

13 hours ago, UNDhoops said:

i heard a different name from boschee. trying to get a second person to confirm

It was pretty telling the swing of emotions I had while reading this last page. Starting with @Sioux Lite post and then quickly followed by @UNDhoops. I've had my fingers crossed that it would be Boschee from Day 1, so I'm mentally preparing myself now for disappointment.

24 minutes ago, UNDhoops said:

I'll preface this by saying I'm not 100% but a couple people have told me Sather

Interesting. I don't hate that at all. My wish list:

1. Boschee
  2. Sather
  3. Herbst

As far as excitement, a pretty good distance between each of them.

I dont understand this fascination with Boschee and the name....old news....UND needs a coach to come in and recruit at a high level. Simular to what Otzelberger did at SD State....ONLY candidate that pusues talent for the roster like that on the following lists is Herbst IMO. Even names like Saul Phillip's dont bring the recruiting prowess of Herbst. UND is a challenging job with limited resources compaired to others in Summit. Location alone brings its issues. Not saying Boschee, Sather, Saul, and others are poor coaches....but the name of the game is getting players.

Eager to hear what comes.

2 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Non Nirth Dakota ties don’t fair well at und

What are his ties to North Dakota and/or UND?  I don't see any listed on his NSU bio page.  Interesting if he is chosen over the other two that do have ties.