Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Frozen4sioux

Game of Thrones: UND Pres Edition.

Recommended Posts

Down to 6 now.

Start on campus visits in 2.5 weeks

Im ready to hear some potential names.

Hope people ask some tough questions on how they will take UND forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the list of candidates  https://und.edu/about/president/search/

Dr. Andrew P. Armacost
Dean of the Faculty / Chief Academic Officer
United States Air Force Academy

Dr. Robert J. Marley
Professor of Engineering Management; Former Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
Missouri University of Science and Technology

Dr. Laurie A. Stenberg Nichols
Interim President, Black Hills State University
Former President University of Wyoming

Dr. David V. Rosowsky
Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering; Former Provost and Senior Vice President
University of Vermont

Dr. Chuck Staben
Professor of Biology; Former President
University of Idaho

Dr. Paul J. Tikalsky
Dean, College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology
Oklahoma State University

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HawksHoops said:

Here is the list of candidates  https://und.edu/about/president/search/

Dr. Andrew P. Armacost
Dean of the Faculty / Chief Academic Officer
United States Air Force Academy

Dr. Robert J. Marley
Professor of Engineering Management; Former Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
Missouri University of Science and Technology

Dr. Laurie A. Stenberg Nichols
Interim President, Black Hills State University
Former President University of Wyoming

Dr. David V. Rosowsky
Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering; Former Provost and Senior Vice President
University of Vermont

Dr. Chuck Staben
Professor of Biology; Former President
University of Idaho

Dr. Paul J. Tikalsky
Dean, College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology
Oklahoma State University

Interesting list

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting none have a connection to North Dakota.

There are a couple that have connections with South Dakota. 

Just going by quick google machine, my top choices based on 5 minutes of research

1) Dr. Laurie A. Stenberg Nichols

2) Dr. Andrew P. Armacost

3) Dr. Chuck Staben
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, northernraider said:

Interesting none have a connection to North Dakota.

There are a couple that have connections with South Dakota. 

Just going by quick google machine, my top choices based on 5 minutes of research

1) Dr. Laurie A. Stenberg Nichols

2) Dr. Andrew P. Armacost

3) Dr. Chuck Staben
 

I’d agree with this ranking.

But wasn’t a BIG thing this time around was they wanted a ND connection in their president?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I’d agree with this ranking.

But wasn’t a BIG thing this time around was they wanted a ND connection in their president?

The nickname was also supposed to be unique to ND.  Committees, eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, HawksHoops said:

Here is the list of candidates  https://und.edu/about/president/search/

Dr. Andrew P. Armacost
Dean of the Faculty / Chief Academic Officer
United States Air Force Academy

Dr. Robert J. Marley
Professor of Engineering Management; Former Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
Missouri University of Science and Technology

Dr. Laurie A. Stenberg Nichols
Interim President, Black Hills State University
Former President University of Wyoming

Dr. David V. Rosowsky
Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering; Former Provost and Senior Vice President
University of Vermont

Dr. Chuck Staben
Professor of Biology; Former President
University of Idaho

Dr. Paul J. Tikalsky
Dean, College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology
Oklahoma State University

Any relation to this guy?

th?id=OIP.Z2WbGk4MO_mVFxSd29rBhgHaHd&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is pretty clear what they emphasize in the search:  All the candidates are Drs. and zero politicians

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Armacost is an engineer; so are three others based on present position.

And a hard science (biology). 

Interesting. 

 

PS - Try to find why the one was relieved as president at Wyoming. Not much out there. A bit concerning I'd say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Idaho guy was fired there too

https://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/university-of-idaho/article211917984.html

I feel like I've seen this movie before.  But he's not a politician!  :silly:

Quote

Booster complaints against Staben include his decision to move Idaho football back to the Football Championship Subdivision's Big Sky Conference, pursuing a job at New Mexico, the handling of Spear's situation, funding priorities, alumni relations and the April announcement that the Vandals may have to cut women's soccer, women's swimming and diving and men's golf if they're unable to correct budget deficits.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Staben was provost at USD for five years.  His background reminds me of a former president, as he got degrees from Illinois and Berkley.  The next president fired AD Spears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...