SiouxSports.com Forum

Game of Thrones: UND Edition.

Frozen4sioux

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/4614596-whos-and-whos-out-run-und-president

https://www.grandforksherald.com/4614594-state-board-member-chancellor-split-how-move-forward-und-presidents-search

Couple of articles from the Herald today.

Smith is willing to come out of retirement to help, this should be a no brainer SBoHE.  Don't know much about the others that they mentioned outside of Schafer. 

I could understand both viewpoints on how long the interim could be there, but they do need to have a plan going forward and having their ducks in a row... which is hard to say for the State Board, lol. 

1 hour ago, Shawn-O said:

I don't suppose peeling someone from another institution on a temp-to-hire basis is an option?   

They are playing it close to the vest, but I would guess they wouldn't go that route.

My guess is they just bring someone in that holds the fort down until they pick the new person.  

Judging by the names thrown around, they really want someone that has been or was at UND for a while to take the position. 

One name I haven't seen mentioned... DiLorenzo.  I hope it stays that way tomorrow. 

31 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Wynne named interim President.  Curious how they'll administratively handle that, as he's a current UND employee already being paid much more than the President position.

I've interacted with him a couple of random times, seems like a nice man. Quite, but that could have just been the situation.

He has a lot of respect around campus, so that is a huge plus. 

Just now, SWSiouxMN said:

Did they give any indication as to how long Wynne would serve as interim?

I don't think so.  They did mention keeping the search committee smaller (11 people) in order to speed the process up a bit.

9 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I don't think so.  They did mention keeping the search committee smaller (11 people) in order to speed the process up a bit.

I'm trying to remember how many were on the previous committee.  I thought it was 13.  

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Geez I hope they change/improve whatever the last committee used to research and hire Kennedy. 

I think the weak point in the whole thing was their one page contract with no penalty for leaving early.

• Upvote 2

On 6/27/2019 at 5:01 PM, CMSioux said:

Geez I hope they change/improve whatever the last committee used to research and hire Kennedy. 

Knew someone on that committee and basically what Kennedy sold to the committee was not what we got once he got the job. The person I know was not very happy about things after the fact. Hopefully UND can get a better person this go around.

7 hours ago, Feff said:

Knew someone on that committee and basically what Kennedy sold to the committee was not what we got once he got the job. The person I know was not very happy about things after the fact. Hopefully UND can get a better person this go around.

Sounds like a politician and campaign promises... hmmm...