SiouxSports.com Forum

Game of Thrones: UND Edition.

Frozen4sioux

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Yawn. You're lumping everyone in the same group, like most people do with politics. This isn't Congress anymore.

True, she doesn't have voters to pander to anymore.  But who knows how she really feels about this stuff.  I'm pretty conservative, but I think she has the potential to do a great job as president.  Every potential selection is a gamble to some extent or another.

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

She IS right about one thing. Kennedy is NOT committed to the University of North Dakota. Never has been and never will be.

Who cares though.  Coach Pryer wasn't and he did a great job.  Jones is and look how that is going.  Commitment to the University has zero correlation to success.  However, the appearance of commitment is important.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

What did you expect?  I hope you're happy with whoever we get after your nonstop bashing of Kennedy.

Yeah Mark Kennedy acts like an arrogant imbicile because of ss.com posts.....

Thata why he's having such a difficult time leaving... yeah... thats it..... 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Yeah Mark Kennedy acts like an arrogant imbicile because of ss.com posts.....

Thata why he's having such a difficult time leaving... yeah... thats it..... 

Not sure why you quoted me - I didn't say or imply that.

7 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Who cares though.  Coach Pryer wasn't and he did a great job.  Jones is and look how that is going.  Commitment to the University has zero correlation to success.  However, the appearance of commitment is important.

I disagree with your comment about Pryor.  Just because he opted to move back to Texas and take a VB job that will allow him much more time with his family does not mean he wasn't committed to UND!!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UND Fan said:

I disagree with your comment about Pryor.  Just because he opted to move back to Texas and take a VB job that will allow him much more time with his family does not mean he wasn't committed to UND!!

It was because he was so committed that he had to take a step back and prioritize what is important.  

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

She IS right about one thing. Kennedy is NOT committed to the University of North Dakota. Never has been and never will be.

Pretty much any up and coming administrator or coach is going to be looking to move on to bigger and better things.  That's just how it is with UND's status.  At ANY position at UND there is a bigger and better job out their.  

To advance to the bigger and better jobs the coaches/administrators need to thrive.  To think that Kennedy isn't committed to UND and doesn't want it to thrive is crazy.  He may want that for purely personal gain, but that's no different than a football, basketball, or hockey coach.  With success other, bigger, opportunities will present themselves.  I don't see begrudging someone for wanting to thrive in their chosen profession.  

I'm not a fan of Kennedy, but I have no doubt he wants UND to thrive and is trying to achieve this result.  It would be career suicide  for him to want anything else.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Walsh Hall said:

Pretty much any up and coming administrator or coach is going to be looking to move on to bigger and better things.  That's just how it is with UND's status.  At ANY position at UND there is a bigger and better job out their.  

To advance to the bigger and better jobs the coaches/administrators need to thrive.  To think that Kennedy isn't committed to UND and doesn't want it to thrive is crazy.  He may want that for purely personal gain, but that's no different than a football, basketball, or hockey coach.  With success other, bigger, opportunities will present themselves.  I don't see begrudging someone for wanting to thrive in their chosen profession.  

I'm not a fan of Kennedy, but I have no doubt he wants UND to thrive and is trying to achieve this result.  It would be career suicide  for him to want anything else.

So Tom Clifford must have been really mediocre because he never went anywhere else? (sarcasm) :silly:

And we need to stop talking ourselves down. If we keep talking about ourselves like we are a bottom-feeding, bargain-basement institution, that is what we will become.

Kennedy knows his days here are numbered so he is looking for an escape hatch. And Colorado is giving it to him.

• Upvote 1