Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Frozen4sioux

Make REA Fun Again...

Recommended Posts

You want to take away reasons for people to get out of their seats? Roaming beer guys/gals. Probably screws up sight lines. 

Biggest problem for me not being engaged at games is you are kind of treated like a stick in the mud if you dont want to race the end bars at every intermission.  And if you end up there,  inevitably there's some who never want to leave. Im sure there's nothing that can be done due to the amount of revenue,  but i dont see how that isnt part of the problem.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ericpnelson said:

Biggest problem for me not being engaged at games is you are kind of treated like a stick in the mud if you dont want to race the end bars at every intermission.  And if you end up there,  inevitably there's some who never want to leave. Im sure there's nothing that can be done due to the amount of revenue,  but i dont see how that isnt part of the problem.

My season tickets in the early 2000's were at the end of the row.  I'd be up and down to allow passers-by back to there seats upwards of 15-20 times a game, not including the end-of-period breaks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SiouxForever said:

Lets go with unique goal song. Goodbye Chelsea dagger. It’s been overplayed. 

It wasn't played that much this past season...;)

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They could curtain off the upper section and cut capacity in half 

old ralph

with Kermit - ok not so much Kermit

:whistling:

When we had to sneak in alcohol and varmits 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Irish said:

Are they ill-tempered?   Seriously, one thing that could change easily is that incessant mood-killing crap coming over the PA during every break.  If play stops during an exciting stretch dominated by the Sioux, you can count on the PA to take the crowd out of it with blaring music or a commercial.  Those who were in Vegas can see the difference. 

The DJ thinks it’s all about him. God forbid the crowd make some noise or enjoy the moment, instead blast them back into their seats. Colleges have bands, use them  

They do the same at Blue Jackets games. Never allow the crowd to get into the game. The sadist DJ thinks the crowd is incapable of being part of the game and blows he place up past jet engine decibel level at every single break. It literally wears you out. People bring ear plugs to the games. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

When we had to sneak in alcohol and varmits 

I _may_ hold the record for being ejected and re-admitted to the old Ralph: three times out and four times in for me during one game!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

My season tickets in the early 2000's were at the end of the row.  I'd be up and down to allow passers-by back to there seats upwards of 15-20 times a game, not including the end-of-period breaks.  

Don't forget having your feet stepped on and beer spilled on you, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2019 at 6:07 AM, Vegas_Sioux said:

The RC club did it then aerospace got involved and wrote a policy and procedures manual as thick as the multi engine course p&p. 

seriously...i remember when they had 3 indoor blimps...great way of "no in your face advertising" between periods...plus dropping free coupons on your head was always fun....

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mikejm said:

I _may_ hold the record for being ejected and re-admitted to the old Ralph: three times out and four times in for me during one game!

I deem you record holder

i would also like to hear more about this

:bigsmile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soooo we should go bat !@#$ crazy after the National Anthem to THUNDERSTRUCK.... I know waiting for the color guard to walk away is a thing of respect, but watching NHL playoffs today it seems to me they go straight into music. If the band played or if there was a song going into puck drop it would get things going off to the right start eh?

 

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Soooo we should go bat !@#$ crazy after the National Anthem to THUNDERSTRUCK....

Nah. Any other song. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Soooo we should go bat !@#$ crazy after the National Anthem to THUNDERSTRUCK.... I know waiting for the color guard to walk away is a thing of respect, but watching NHL playoffs today it seems to me they go straight into music. If the band played or if there was a song going into puck drop it would get things going off to the right start eh?

 

 

Although see the the exploding triggered heads of the denim overall clad brethren to the south would be enjoyable.... 

There is possibly nothing in the world of sports as overdone, stale, and cringy as yet another team using thunderstruck pregame.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss the Old Ralph atmosphere, I swear there were times you "felt" the next goal coming!!    The new Ralph started out in part as a "social" thing to do, lots of out of town fans don't want to take a chance on coming and not getting in.       When the kids next to you look up from their phone and ask "what period is this" you just want to ...........!!!        Yes, I am loud and obnoxious at the games, and no apology coming either!    I go for the game, not to be seen.              Only suggestion, add another camera game  ( i.e. kiss cam) marked " Missing in Action"  showing people on their cell phones and not watching the game!!

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

maybe the ability to hack the phones in the rink would be an interesting twist....

Or just kill all cell service inside the arena.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

Or just kill all cell service inside the arena.

or as a condition of free wifi (with that the only way to use phone / internet) user agrees to participate in "cheer" prompt alerts....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gma loves hockey said:

Only suggestion, add another camera game  ( i.e. kiss cam) marked " Missing in Action"  showing people on their cell phones and not watching the game!!

THIS TIMES A MILLION!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MissSioux85 said:

I attended an Islanders game when UND was in town to play at MSG.

They zero in on folks in the crowd who are on their phones and then start a countdown clock to see how long it takes that person to look up/pay attention to what's going on, and they realize they are on the big screen. Needless to say, most folks were a little embarrassed.

That sounds like a great idea. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2019 at 1:16 PM, darell1976 said:

That sounds like a great idea. 

So is....actually going to a game.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 12:37 AM, CarpeRemote said:

The DJ thinks it’s all about him. God forbid the crowd make some noise or enjoy the moment, instead blast them back into their seats. Colleges have bands, use them  

They do the same at Blue Jackets games. Never allow the crowd to get into the game. The sadist DJ thinks the crowd is incapable of being part of the game and blows he place up past jet engine decibel level at every single break. It literally wears you out. People bring ear plugs to the games. 

Nailed it.  The announcer at the UND games sounds like an auctioneer trying to cram as many announcements/ads in as possible anytime play stops.  Not sure how much of that is mandated of him and how much it's him liking the sound of his own voice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Nailed it.  The announcer at the UND games sounds like an auctioneer trying to cram as many announcements/ads in as possible anytime play stops.  Not sure how much of that is mandated of him and how much it's him liking the sound of his own voice.

You think he just makes the stuff up as he goes along?

Every announcement is scripted and scheduled. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

You think he just makes the stuff up as he goes along?

Every announcement is scripted and scheduled. 

Yes, this. 

Its the damn blaring kiddipop at such inappropriate times thatbreally ruin the flow. 

Announcer has to stick to his script, ots not an attitude thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...