Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

Make REA Fun Again...


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

How about a "turn your phones in at the NoDak Nation desk" 

Not likley,

I like how they've tried to be a little interactive on the Nodak nation app. 

At least its an attempt, I dont have the answer on how to merge the ice action and atmosphere with interactive app.

If i did i probably wouldnt be here yapping with you peasants..  :D thats a joke btw.

 

How about student prizes for on ice performance...

A goal...... 20 students who are logged in on App and checked in to arena randomly win get a free tostada, or a bud light?

Kill a PP 15 winners... win a faceoff a random winner.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How about ushers that don’t make you feel like you’re in church. Especially the ones that watch the student section like prison guards. 

I attended an Islanders game when UND was in town to play at MSG. They zero in on folks in the crowd who are on their phones and then start a countdown clock to see how long it takes that person to

There is no chant that the crowd can perform in unison.  The fan base has multiple identities and is divided.  One of the only chants the student section participates in is a half assed "Sio

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Squabbling about the logo in GF is NOT a common factor in the nationwide ambivalent attitude toward athletic attendence.

No, but it's a big part of the issue in Grand Forks. Either that, or I guess the folks in the athletic department who acknowledge it as a huge problem don't have any actually insight or reason to be concerned. 

No one said it was the only issue. But it is an absolutely huge one. Pretending it isn't doesn't make it go away. 

As for the projector, unfortunately it isn't happening anytime soon. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

 

As for the projector, unfortunately it isn't happening anytime soon. 

I'm sure its not getting cheaper.

I'll admit i dont know how it works for setup, if its in the rafters type equipment or centrally located in scoreboard. 

I know last year Jody was on the podcast and said about a million bucks.

Thats a lot of money, and hard to measure a ROI id imagine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

 

.. .Next on Real housewifes of GF... "Did you see how big that new scoreboard is?"

" You really cant understand how big it is unless youve been to game and seen it in person, like me, I was there"

"Even if your there it just doesnt cut it in the stands, you really need to be in a suite to appreciate it, like Inwas last weekend".

I'd watch it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I'm sure its not getting cheaper.

I'll admit i dont know how it works for setup, if its in the rafters type equipment or centrally located in scoreboard. 

I know last year Jody was on the podcast and said about a million bucks.

Thats a lot of money, and hard to measure a ROI id imagine.

Is an on ice projection used for more than pre game show?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I'm sure its not getting cheaper.

I'll admit i dont know how it works for setup, if its in the rafters type equipment or centrally located in scoreboard. 

I know last year Jody was on the podcast and said about a million bucks.

Thats a lot of money, and hard to measure a ROI id imagine.

By the time they are ready, the next big thing will come around.  Would be nice if they can come up with something creative to keep fans engaged. I always enjoyed the little trunk monkey clips and stuff like that.  Someone getting creative with new video clips would be nice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dustin said:

At what point would you say it was last "fun"?  Personally, I've always felt the atmosphere was a bit "uppity" since the beginning.  Now, don't get me wrong, the place has had its moments:  2006 NCAA regional, Gwozdecky ejection, Gopher destructions, and Pogo's OT penalty shot are the ones that come to mind for me.  But mostly, it's a place to be seen.  The reduced interest of students (talked about on many threads throughout this forum) probably has a lot to do with it.

The students are not free to have fun or do anything anymore that includes standing up when they are not supposed to. The REA is at big fault for neutering the student section....

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

It begins with the students.  They are the heart and soul of the crowd energy in the building.  Unfortunately, students at the game care more about their Instagram account than what is happening on the ice.  

Instagram and Facebook is not at fault for this

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Don't get me started on that :angry:

Perhaps its time to find the next sensation

At least the beer lady brought excitement to the students and crowd. If beer lady isn’t the way to bring excitement then what’s your idea. Please don’t force your boring on all of us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

1-Will be cool but won't help sustain atmosphere during the game

2-What will take it's place?  At least it prevents silence due to divided fan base 

3-What will the students do, other than yell at the opposing goalie, if they are moved?  Will standing help the atmosphere?  Possibly could help them be more rowdy, but what will they yell?

You are missing 4 and 5 on your "top 5"

Letting them stand and be rowdy will help a great deal. They are adults so let them do what they want to a certain extent. The student sections at St. Cloud and Duluth look pretty fun still. The REA is worse than going to church.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

At least the beer lady brought excitement to the students and crowd. If beer lady isn’t the way to bring excitement then what’s your idea. Please don’t force your boring on all of us.

I need to clarify, my :angry: was about the situation about HOW she was removed.  I have zero issue with Beer Grandma

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously everyone it not about this logo or that logo it’s about a fun atmosphere or a boring atmosphere. When I am at home and I am bored I’m always on my phone. When I was in the student section I didn’t have time to be on my phone because the atmosphere was fun and engaging. We weren’t even that bad either and now the rules are even worse.

keep blaming the logo and we will get nowhere. Look at the tailgating at the football games last year. I never saw anything nearly as big as that when I was at UND. We need to get that crowd into the game and to do that we need to make it as fun as the tailgate. Make it cheesy and students will just sit on their phone and end up leaving early

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Letting them stand and be rowdy will help a great deal. They are adults so let them do what they want to a certain extent. The student sections at St. Cloud and Duluth look pretty fun still. The REA is worse than going to church.

That’s why students refer to it as St Ralph’s Cathedral. We were once told by the ushers you need to act like your in church (be seen not heard). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Seriously everyone it not about this logo or that logo it’s about a fun atmosphere or a boring atmosphere. When I am at home and I am bored I’m always on my phone. When I was in the student section I didn’t have time to be on my phone because the atmosphere was fun and engaging. We weren’t even that bad either and now the rules are even worse.

keep blaming the logo and we will get nowhere. Look at the tailgating at the football games last year. I never saw anything nearly as big as that when I was at UND. We need to get that crowd into the game and to do that we need to make it as fun as the tailgate. Make it cheesy and students will just sit on their phone and end up leaving early

So...your idea to make it more fun is...?  I see a lot of criticism in your posts, and negative votes, but no ideas from you.

 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

There is no chant that the crowd can perform in unison. 

Go with "Check your voice-mail. < clap, clap, clap-clap-clap >" three times followed with ... 

You missed a call!
You missed a call!
You missed a call! ... 

 

Now pass me my Dunkin' Donuts coffee Pastrnak. :D 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...