SiouxSports.com Forum

Make REA Fun Again...

Frozen4sioux

15 hours ago, Cratter said:

Move all the students to the lower bowl and allow alcohol in all the seats.

You mean the students that are filling maybe 60% of the four upper deck sections on any given night? Them? 

I'm up there beside those sections. I see it. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

All the tit for tat in here and this is the only true way to bring the fun back.

I don’t know about tat, but adding some of that first thing would only further distract me from paying attention to the game.  :lol:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Hawks "with frickin' la-a-a-aser beams attached to their heads" attacking the visitor's bench. 

Are they ill-tempered?   Seriously, one thing that could change easily is that incessant mood-killing crap coming over the PA during every break.  If play stops during an exciting stretch dominated by the Sioux, you can count on the PA to take the crowd out of it with blaring music or a commercial.  Those who were in Vegas can see the difference. 

• Upvote 2

UND formed a committee to help improve the gameday atmosphere for football games at the Alerus.  That proved to be very successful.  Can something like that be done for the Ralph?  Or does the Ralph say thanks by no thanks to any outside consulting to control their gameday program.

38 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

UND formed a committee to help improve the gameday atmosphere for football games at the Alerus.  That proved to be very successful.  Can something like that be done for the Ralph?  Or does the Ralph say thanks by no thanks to any outside consulting to control their gameday program.

I read somewhere one of the people running for Student Body President wants to pursue tailgating at the REA. So apparently there is some interest in making changes from a student perspective.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

It would be interesting to see what kind of push-back that would get from REA.
Or would they just add it as another game day expense. 

1 hour ago, northernraider said:

I read somewhere one of the people running for Student Body President wants to pursue tailgating at the REA. So apparently there is some interest in making changes from a student perspective.  

Tailgating at the Alerus has gone off without a hitch.  Why not try it at the Ralph!! ;)

trash.jpg

4 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

So...your idea to make it more fun is...?  I see a lot of criticism in your posts, and negative votes, but no ideas from you.

Simple. Let the students be students and cut all the nanny state rules. It’s really that simple. The REA killed the atmosphere with their rules

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Simple. Let the students be students and cut all the nanny state rules. It’s really that simple. The REA killed the atmosphere with their rules

Which rules do you think they should revise/get rid of?

I believe the Ralph has gotten better over the years in regards to students.  The Kelley years may have been the worst for students.  

Oh...FYI: standing is not a corequisite for being loud and giving the opponent a hard time.  You can do that while sitting and being respectful to other fans.

42 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Which rules do you think they should revise/get rid of?

I believe the Ralph has gotten better over the years in regards to students.  The Kelley years may have been the worst for students.  

Oh...FYI: standing is not a corequisite for being loud and giving the opponent a hard time.  You can do that while sitting and being respectful to other fans.

Standing is a big one as it keeps the student section engaged. Look at the football games, when the game is exciting they all stand, as soon as the game is bring they sit and don’t engage. What good student sections are not allowed to stand? It doesn’t even need to be letting them stand all game but to only let them stand during stoppages is tyrannical.

Let's play with two pucks... WAY more excitement!

In all seriousness, I have tailgated at the Ralph, it was fun. But nobody is going to tailgate Nov-Mar.

Perhaps the Ralph should get that jukebox app where people can pay to play a song (or snipit of in this case). Extra income, people will be more involved in songs they pick.

The on-ice projection is cool but how's that going to help the atmosphere? It's not like they use it during breaks in play (I've only seen it as the Pepsi Center - used at intermission).

And why? Why does it all start and end with the students. Season ticket holders and fans are allowed to start cheers and increase the energy just as much as everyone else. Get out of your seat (or stay sitting) and cheer...

Ice girls would a nice touch like the NHL. 

Then on the marketing side,  need to find something unique to do - ie. dance cam etc. that again is strictly unique at the Ralph. Just gotta have some marketing minds get creative. 

Lets go with unique goal song. Goodbye Chelsea dagger. It’s been overplayed. 

12 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Anything that can be done in conjunction with the Betty? Beer garden and snacks two hours prior to the game? Band? Cheerleaders? Hawk walk? Kids games

I am liking this.  Take the tailgate village idea they do at the Alerus before football games and move it inside to the Olympic rink!!  Have food vendors, beer garden, jumpy houses, etc.  Tailgating for hockey is a great time.  Ask anyone that was in Vegas!!  

• Upvote 1