SiouxSports.com Forum

UND MH Sweaters ‘19-‘20

UND-MH-Fan

15 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Let's not start a conversation on the NBA and their 75 different jerseys per team, shall we?  BOLTS is to Tampa Bay hockey jerseys what BIRDS would be to a Fighting Hawks hockey jersey.    

Of all the non-nickname jerseys out there I find "Bolts" the best. (Keep the NBA's cities and bays and what-not.) 

That said, Bolts jerseys make a lot of sense right now because in this year's nuts Cup playoffs they ... < gonna say it > ... really screwed themselves over. 

10 hours ago, UND-MH-Fan said:

So since we all agree that the hawks logo is terrible and shouldn’t be on the front of the jersey. Except for the few people in here pushing for the hawks logo, who are probably more football fans(doesn’t count) anyway. What about NORTH DAKOTA, but both words slanting or just three large letters, UND slanting or horizontal with a number below?

I was very against the Hawks name pushing for something else during the time but clearly we had enough idiots that thought that Hawks logo floating around was a possibility that they voted for it. Now it is what it is and just accept it. Our jerseys are so boring having North Dakota right now. By the way, I have season tickets to hockey, football and basketball and love them all. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, UND-MH-Fan said:

So since we all agree that the hawks logo is terrible and shouldn’t be on the front of the jersey. 

Terrible? I won't go that far. I will go mediocre. (So maybe we don't all agree. ;) )  

That said, first time I saw it I knew it was better for hats and shoulder patches and collar accents but not jersey front.

That's what strange to me: on a hat, fine; on a flag, fine; just doesn't work on a jersey front. 

About the coming Adidas jersey: 

Can we get to a single font for everything on the jersey? 
North Dakota was in one; the numbers were in another, and I'm pretty sure the nameplates were a third. 

If just that was this year's big transition I'd be good. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Of all the non-nickname jerseys out there I find "Bolts" the best. (Keep the NBA's cities and bays and what-not.) 

That said, Bolts jerseys make a lot of sense right now because in this year's nuts Cup playoffs they ... < gonna say it > ... really screwed themselves over. 

lgSDkvC.gif

19 hours ago, UND-MH-Fan said:

So since we all agree that the hawks logo is terrible and shouldn’t be on the front of the jersey. Except for the few people in here pushing for the hawks logo, who are probably more football fans(doesn’t count) anyway. What about NORTH DAKOTA, but both words slanting or just three large letters, UND slanting or horizontal with a number below?

Don’t agree that our logo is terrible. In fact I have grown to like it. That doesn’t mean a big ass logo on the front of the hockey jersey would look good. 

On 4/19/2019 at 5:44 PM, 90siouxfan said:

could the logo be part of a belly or chest stripe?

That could actually work.  I think part of the problem with it as a crest in the middle is that is wider than it is long and it just looks kinda weird.  Having it part of a horizontal stripe would fix that somewhat.  Or perhaps it could be put in a circle or something.

2 hours ago, streetsahead said:

That could actually work.  I think part of the problem with it as a crest in the middle is that is wider than it is long and it just looks kinda weird.  Having it part of a horizontal stripe would fix that somewhat.  Or perhaps it could be put in a circle or something.

I've posted this before, made the mock ups a while back. I think the logo would also work if you drop the ND letters off the front, move the letters to the shoulders, and just keep the Hawk Head on the front (change the head to the color green on the white jersey) I am working on update these to the new Adidas jersey, using Dallas as a template, will post when finished

IMG_20170724_141349[2088].jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, streetsahead said:

jersey.jpg

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, sethhag said:

I've posted this before, made the mock ups a while back. I think the logo would also work if you drop the ND letters off the front, move the letters to the shoulders, and just keep the Hawk Head on the front (change the head to the color green on the white jersey) I am working on update these to the new Adidas jersey, using Dallas as a template, will post when finished

IMG_20170724_141349[2088].jpg

Yeah I remember seeing these.  These would take some getting used to but they would be a clean look.

While you're at it, let's see what it would look like using the Wild template (green jersey, wide white stripe with logo).