UND-MH-Fan

9 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

ohh..ohh...ohh...   I know why!!

Pick me! Pick Me!

4 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

OK, why?  

Asked and answered: 

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

My guess is the changes will be subtle and nuanced from the 2018-19 jerseys: North Dakota on the front; hawk on the shoulder; maybe re-striped (as some say) like Dallas. That's it. 

Why do I say that? Brad Berry has final call on the jersey. He's never said "Hawks"; he was forced into the "on the shoulder hawk". You won't see further movement toward it. 

That's my prediction. Make me wrong, Brad. 

16 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Asked and answered: 

Claiming that Brad Berry has never said "Hawks" is foolish and stupid, and you know that. Thats ridiculous.

You're better than that.

The Hawk logo is what it is.

Its not a large format logo, it doesnt look good (at all but thats beside the point) as a main crest.

It works well on the shoulders, as it works well on thebside of the football helmet, well one side anyway.

A diagonal Hawks could work but is very meh, as described ike the "Bolts" jersey.

There just doesnt seem to be alot of dynamic new ways to use such a uni directional and plain logo as what it is.

Id expect a similar look laid out on one of the Adizero templates.

11 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

One thing I wish they could at least do is put a damn sticker on the helmet.  Looks so dumb without one. Put the Hawks logo on the helmet, put North Dakota on the jersey, keep the logo on the shoulder, and call it a day.

I dont disagree, a decal on the helmet is needed... but..

Our logo looks so stupid looking backwards on the left side.

At least put the new interlocking UND on the sides of the helmet

19 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Claiming that Brad Berry has never said "Hawks" is foolish and stupid, and you know that. Thats ridiculous.

Sure, he said it at his first presser after the announcement. Otherwise it's conspicuously absent from his daily vernacular. 

Listen to him: he'll say "North Dakota" and "our culture*"; you won't hear "Hawks" or "Fighting Hawks". 

*Code for the old nickname. 

• Upvote 2

Instead of only white and green.

what about a grey or cream based sweater for a third?

And for the sake of all that is holy stay away from black for a good decade.

The biggest question is what to do about the front... 

Regardless I believe the final design must be close to being put into production.

• Upvote 1

So since we all agree that the hawks logo is terrible and shouldn’t be on the front of the jersey. Except for the few people in here pushing for the hawks logo, who are probably more football fans(doesn’t count) anyway. What about NORTH DAKOTA, but both words slanting or just three large letters, UND slanting or horizontal with a number below?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 9