Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fader

Shaw's gone.

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Blasi is unemployed

Would be a great guy to work with the forwards.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Goon said:

I asked Berry at the beginning of the season if UND still  respected the gentleman's agreement and he said he did

I know he does the problem is it is to the benefit of programs like UND if the gentleman's agreement goes away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s start by hiring someone whose primary focus isn’t having a front row seat to watch his kid play for a few years.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Let’s start by hiring someone whose primary focus isn’t having a front row seat to watch his kid play for a few years.

So Jeff Bowen and Jeff Panzer are out.  Now what is Bubbs supposed to do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Would be a great guy to work with the forwards.  

Just what I was thinking, and he knows the conference and actively watched film on our systems looking for ways to beat it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2019 at 12:25 PM, crb1 said:

What are others thoughts on maybe someone like Rico Blasi? I know he was a HC but do you think he will just step into another HC position? I know it would be a huge pay cut for him. Who knows what his other options are at this point.

Like I was saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Goon said:

I asked Berry at the beginning of the season if UND still  respected the gentleman's agreement and he said he did

Hate say it but if Berry is still doing the GA then he is in the Stone Age of big time sports. That’s not how it works anymore and there is nothing easier than recruiting against a gentlemen’s agreement.

Big 10 football used the gentlemen’s agreement and got smoked by the SEC every year. Then Urban Meyer showed up from Florida in 2012, tossed out the GA and OSU has run roughshod in the Big ever since. Now they all get it. 

UND has been a powerhouse a long time but will be left in the dust unless recruiting becomes a competition as fierce as the games. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CarpeRemote said:

Hate say it but if Berry is still doing the GA then he is in the Stone Age of big time sports. That’s not how it works anymore and there is nothing easier than recruiting against a gentlemen’s agreement.

Big 10 football used the gentlemen’s agreement and got smoked by the SEC every year. Then Urban Meyer showed up from Florida in 2012, tossed out the GA and OSU has run roughshod in the Big ever since. Now they all get it. 

UND has been a powerhouse a long time but will be left in the dust unless recruiting becomes a competition as fierce as the games. 

This is exactly why I hate Be One Gee schools, and The Collection of Racist Universities or SEC or whatever they're called. Recruiting in the NCAA has become a sport of its own.  It's all ridiculous 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also doubt Blasi would be an assistant at UND, but who knows anymore. I like him as a human, and he's had great success (Borat) at Miami. So Who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

Mr. Bean saves the day...    it almost writes itself.

Haha. He does have an eerie resemblance to Mr. Bean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TrueSioux2000 said:

This is exactly why I hate Be One Gee schools, and The Collection of Racist Universities or SEC...

Really?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Really?  

Yeah, I posted a question asking for clarification of that statement but deleted it, thinking I'd better not invite a political discussion.   But you expressed my reaction as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crb1 said:

Haha. He does have an eerie resemblance to Mr. Bean.

You decide for yourself...

th?id=OIP.g-Kpg4cMkCzdlWV8N6DipAHaEf&pid=Api&P=0&w=314&h=191th?id=OIP.MaLEv-qEoJZr9b3-ndmyVAHaEA&pid=Api&P=0&w=342&h=186

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2019 at 12:26 PM, The Sicatoka said:

To me, the guy with resume is Schneekloth.
But is assistant at AHL better than assistant at NCAA. 

Yes. Unless there is a specialized recruiter out there.  I’d like one of the NTDP assistants 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2019 at 8:34 AM, Goon said:

I asked Berry at the beginning of the season if UND still  respected the gentleman's agreement and he said he did

....no way.  And nor should he.  Poach as much as he wants or can.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2019 at 12:26 PM, Wilbur said:

So Jeff Bowen and Jeff Panzer are out.  Now what is Bubbs supposed to do?

And Jason Blake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any news on the search for Shaw's replacement? In light of all the recent departures, this one is pretty far down the overall list of to-do's, but still curious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, zonadub said:

Any news on the search for Shaw's replacement? In light of all the recent departures, this one is pretty far down the overall list of to-do's, but still curious

??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

President, MBB coach, VB coach

OK.  thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ChadR said:

Anyone heard of any names in the mix?

Actually the fact that it’s been very quite has me thinking it’s going to be a hire within.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...