Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Sicatoka

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs talk

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

I'm not saying Perron didn't deserve a penalty, but Krug initiated that conflict, held/tackled Perron as well, and then arguably charged Thomas. 

I'd argue that as well...Krug's lucky the puck just happened to be within a couple of feet of Thomas.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

I'm not saying Perron didn't deserve a penalty, but Krugg initiated that conflict, held/tackled Perron as well, and then arguably charged Thomas. 

I see where you're going with this, but a couple of things:

1. There is typically always contact between a D and the opposing F in front of the net.  Actually, if you could find video where there is no contact between the 2 opposing players in front of the net that would be quite the anomaly, and that D probably wouldn't be in the league much longer.
2. While there is contact between the 2 players, what normally does not happen is the slashing and hands to the face that Perron initiated, and Krug returned.  The ref could have called matching slashes right then and there and it would have been done.
3. Once that happened, Perron 100% came over Krug's back and hopped on, threw a semi-punch, wrestled his helmet off, etc.  Krug did hold on to his leg once Perron was on for the ride.
4. In no way, shape or form was that even close to a charge.  There's video of the hit that shows Krug's entire trip down the ice.  He stopped staking when he hit the blueline and the hit on Thomas was below the top of the circle.

I guess all that being said, Bruins fans will see it one way and non-Bruins fans will see it another way.  It is what it is...and I've had the benefit of watching the reply/video of it a bunch of times.  In the moment I was really surprised that the ref wouldn't have called a penalty when Perron was playing rodeo with Krug in front of Rask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

I guess all that being said, Bruins fans will see it one way and non-Bruins fans will see it another way.  It is what it is...and I've had the benefit of watching the reply/video of it a bunch of times.  In the moment I was really surprised that the ref wouldn't have called a penalty when Perron was playing rodeo with Krug in front of Rask.

OK, Ray77, I'll bite.  2:00 for unsportsmanlike conduct, right?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I'd argue that as well...Krug's lucky the puck just happened to be within a couple of feet of Thomas.

Objection, your honor.  That is complete balderdash!  I'd like to present Exhibit A:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

4. In no way, shape or form was that even close to a charge.  There's video of the hit that shows Krug's entire trip down the ice.  He stopped staking when he hit the blueline and the hit on Thomas was below the top of the circle.

You make it sound like he was coasting in like it was Sunday open skate at the local rink...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

OK, Ray77, I'll bite.  2:00 for unsportsmanlike conduct, right?  

I'll call your attention to Exhibit B, your honor.  This was my response to Marchand's punch to Harrington's head, which I didn't think was worth a lengthy suspension as many on here did.  The stick stepping on Atkinson was dumb, too.  Funnier than the punch, but still not the smartest. 

Amazingly enough, nobody was up in arms when Backes got punched in the back of the head by Justin Williams in the Carolina series.  All I heard was crickets regarding that, nobody calling for suspensions!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

You make it sound like he was coasting in like it was Sunday open skate at the local rink...

Did you see the video I posted?  I'll reiterate...he stopped skating when he hit the blueline and the hit on Thomas was below the top of the circle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the game, Ray...yea, he "stopped" skating at the blue line, but let's not pretend he was coasting in at 2 miles an hour and bumped into Thomas.  

Let's try this another way...if Krug was wearing a Gopher jersey and Thomas was wearing a North Dakota jersey and that hit happens in Grand Forks, 11,000 fans would be screaming for a charging penalty.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I watched the game, Ray...yea, he "stopped" skating at the blue line, but let's not pretend he was coasting in at 2 miles an hour and bumped into Thomas.  

Let's try this another way...if Krug was wearing a Gopher jersey and Thomas was wearing a North Dakota jersey and that hit happens in Grand Forks, 11,000 fans would be screaming for a charging penalty.  

This is a true statement.  People watch through their (insert color here) colored glasses.  Sioux fans, Bruins fans, non-Bruins fans...we all tend to.

Simpel qweschun…..do u relly thiink it wuz a charg?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

This is a true statement.  People watch through their (insert color here) colored glasses.  Sioux fans, Bruins fans, non-Bruins fans...we all tend to.

Simpel qweschun…..do u relly thiink it wuz a charg?

If I had been the official last night, St Louis would have received a 5 on 3 power play thanks to Chara and the Krug play wouldn't have happened at all  because the offending Blues player would have been in the penalty box as my arm would have been raised the moment Krug's lid got popped off his head.  

Oh, and Marchand would have gotten 2:00 for the stick incident in the Columbus series, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

If I were the official last night, St Louis would have received the 5 on 3 power play thanks to Chara and the Krug play wouldn't have happened because the offending Blue player would have been in the penalty box as my arm would have been raised the moment Krug's lid got popped off his head.  

Oh, and Marchand would have gotten 2:00 for the stick incident in the Columbus series, too.

You do know the sole reason I'm spending this much time and energy on this is because it's a goal of mine to turn you into a Bruins fan, MM! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

You do know the sole reason I'm spending this much time and energy on this is because it's a goal of mine to turn you into a Bruins fan, MM! :D

Well, you Boston/New England area fans are starved for a sports champion to come your way...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MafiaMan said:

Well, you Boston/New England area fans are starved for a sports champion to come your way...

Hahaaaa...whoa...wait a minute...let's be VERY clear - I am not a Red Sox or Patriots fan in the least.  So the last (and only) championship in my lifetime was 2011.

So, whaddya say?  How am I doing in my quest to get you to hop on the duck boats with the rest of us Bruins fans on SS.com?  You ready?! :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

So, whaddya say?  How am I doing in my quest to get you to hop on the duck boats with the rest of us Bruins fans on SS.com?  You ready?! :unsure:

323fk4.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

I watched the game, Ray...yea, he "stopped" skating at the blue line, but let's not pretend he was coasting in at 2 miles an hour and bumped into Thomas.  

Let's try this another way...if Krug was wearing a Gopher jersey and Thomas was wearing a North Dakota jersey and that hit happens in Grand Forks, 11,000 fans would be screaming for a charging penalty.  

Good clean hockey hit no matter what color jersey you are wearing...even a red jersey!:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I work with some guys from STL.
I cheered with them when they put down SJS. 
They stopped buying drinks when I said I didn't figure the run would last for STL and had to tell them "BOS in 6". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of these missed calls just lead me to believe the game is so fast for the on-ice officials, and there's so much 'fog of war' happening around them, that they need to go to one referee on the ice and one in the press box. 

We have the tech: The press box guy would be on an open circuit* to the on-ice official and would call penalties in real-time through the on-ice official. The press box guy would also be the replay official. 

 

* "Tonight's game official communications is sponsored and provided by Verizon." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

All of these missed calls just lead me to believe the game is so fast for the on-ice officials, and there's so much 'fog of war' happening around them, that they need to go to one referee on the ice and one in the press box. 

We have the tech: The press box guy would be on an open circuit* to the on-ice official and would call penalties in real-time through the on-ice official. The press box guy would also be the replay official. 

 

* "Tonight's game official communications is sponsored and provided by Verizon." 

Or they could just add an official to the press box and keep four on-ice officials. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ray77 said:

Did you see the video I posted?  I'll reiterate...he stopped skating when he hit the blueline and the hit on Thomas was below the top of the circle.

He did skate from his own end to run down Perron, but Perron was changing so he went after a player in the zone. It mean that’s a lot of full speed skating just coast in to the zone to lay a hit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought the Krug hit was fine. It’s playoff hockey. Now had he not glided for the last 15 feet then charging for sure. By no means am I a Bruins fan. The thing about the Bruins is they can adapt to any style of play. This thing could well be a sweep or done in 5 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

... (I've been gone a bit) ... 

Sharks Scheider-ed 

 

 

IALTO!  

3244e7.jpg

You’re welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ray77 said:

Objection, your honor.  That is complete balderdash!  I'd like to present Exhibit A:

 

THIS.WAS.AWESOME.  Anybody who thinks this was a charge needs to go watch basketball because you don't know an  f-ing thing about hockey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...