SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs talk

At absolute worst the major should've been called as a minor for cross-checking on Eakin and a minor for interference on Stastny (or a double minor, CC and int, on Eakin). 

I guess some guys in the Toronto offices either (a) have SJS in the office pool, or (b) want to see Thornton finally lift a Cup. 

That was bad, granted he was knocked out and bleeding but it wasn't exactly the result of a malicious hit. WTF do they have replay for?

This is going to sting in Vegas for a while. Slot payouts cranked down another 2% out of spite.

7 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

At absolute worst the major should've been called as a minor for cross-checking on Eakin and a minor for interference on Stastny (or a double minor, CC and int, on Eakin). 

I guess some guys in the Toronto offices either (a) have SJS in the office pool, or (b) want to see Thornton finally lift a Cup. 

Yeah, because they knew that San Jose would score 4 goals on a power play. Has that ever happened before?  If the Sioux did that, I would be mad at the call, but more upset that my team was so pathetic in killing it.  

Would a cap on post-facto escalation work?  For instance, if a minor is called, it can be upgraded to a major on review.  If no penalty is called spontaneously, only a minor can be assessed?

It seems a lot of the angst last night is that we went from a no-call situation where play was allowed to continue over and around the clearly injured player, to a 5 minute major and a DQ, ostensibly ONLY after the extent of the injury was clearer.  Yet, the explanation felt lacking.

Separately...assuming the officials last night were persuaded by one or both linesmen (which I understand to be permissible), does it make sense to empower linesmen to make certain calls?  This might eliminate those situations where enhanced penalties seem to come out of nowhere.

• Upvote 1

Teams left

Remaining NHL teams, last Cup: 

Carolina 2006 - Dirty bastards, hope the sail away.
Colorado 2001 - Jost can lift it, I like it
Dallas 1999 - NO...rm green still sucks
Islanders 1983 - Brock hoisting it Yes Please
Columbus never - Interesting story, but meh
San Jose never - Dell on cup .. That would be the OKest.
St. Louis never - just no, how boring, unless they call up Schmaltz again, then.... maybe.

Boston 2011 - boston can chortle my balls after a hot day of cleaning grain bins.

Just now, Frozen4sioux said:

Teams left

Remaining NHL teams, last Cup: 

Carolina 2006 - Dirty bastards, hope the sail away.
Colorado 2001 - Jost can lift it, I like it
Dallas 1999 - NO...rm green still sucks
Islanders 1983 - Brock hoisting it Yes Please
Columbus never - Interesting story, but meh
San Jose never - Dell on cup .. That would be the OKest.
St. Louis never - just no, how boring, unless they call up Schmaltz again, then.... maybe.

Boston 2011 - boston can chortle my balls after a hot day of cleaning grain bins.

The Bruins are the best team left.