SiouxSports.com Forum

Goodbye to a SiouxSports Friend * Godspeed, sprig

MafiaMan

Sprig was always the voice of reason on this message board.  (some of you think you are, but you're really not) :)  That and the fact that we always had a lot of fun poking DaveK made him one of my all-time favorites!  

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

what did the note say?

MM or jim may be able to provide the exact verbiage since they put it together.  Essentially it said what has been mentioned in this thread and I'm going to have to paraphrase.  

"Tim was a respected member of our internet community and our Sprig would be missed by all.  From SiouxSports." 

I liked it that his online moniker was listed.  Really sad to say goodbye.

• Upvote 4

I did some golfing with Sprig, always had fun but our conversation always ended up about Sioux sports.

When I first seen his moniker I wondered why that name so I googled sprig and behold it’s a duck, pretty fitting since he was in the wildlife business. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, HawksHoops said:

MM or jim may be able to provide the exact verbiage since they put it together.  Essentially it said what has been mentioned in this thread and I'm going to have to paraphrase.  

"Tim was a respected member of our internet community and our Sprig would be missed by all.  From SiouxSports." 

I liked it that his online moniker was listed.  Really sad to say goodbye.

Thank you!

• Upvote 2

On 4/2/2019 at 10:57 AM, ericpnelson said:

I am really glad him and @CMSioux stopped by tailgating, so I had the opportunity to meet him. It was a joy to chat with him at tailgating, and we were in adjacent sections at the Ralph. Heavy heart seeing this.

You grow up living life as a Sioux fan, thinking you can always fit in with the student section, always holler at games, tailgating with the young bucks, knowing some day it will end but knowung you are always a Fighting Sioux to the end and beyond. P.S i have donated my body to the UND Medical School something I suggest others look into.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, CMSioux said:

You grow up living life as a Sioux fan, thinking you can always fit in with the student section, always holler at games, tailgating with the young bucks, knowing some day it will end but knowung you are always a Fighting Sioux to the end and beyond. P.S i have donated my body to the UND Medical School something I suggest others look into.

Exactly, enjoy the ride while it lasts because no one knows when it's going to be over

• Upvote 3

On 4/3/2019 at 5:45 PM, Greyeagle said:

Coming out of retirement to offer my condolences.  I had the pleasure of meeting sprig in person at the 'breath a few years ago and he was an absolute prince.

My condolences to his family, friends & fellow UND fans.

miss you on this board

• Upvote 1

I have not been on & saw this

At 1st this did not register to me as Sprig (Glad I went back & read it all)- only met once but have communicated here lots  & on other hunting / outdoor sites - He worked back in my home territory & was so glad to get out of there after the last oil boom - Very Smart & a Fantasitic Sioux Hockey Fan - So Sorry & I will miss him

RIP

On 4/5/2019 at 11:15 PM, yzerman19 said:

The loss of Sprig has made me reflect on something that I never reflected on.  We all live our lives in the real world, and contribute or degenerate in the virtual world.  My only online persona is this forum. 

I have always disassociated the two.  However, the loss of a man that I interacted with online and had respect for... fun interactions, passionate interactions, some I'm proud of, some I'm less proud of...it causes me to pause.  I have focused on always making a positive impact in my life, but I have often used this forum to vent- without filter..somehow feeling it wasn't "real". I am changed by Sprig's passing in terms of this reality.  

God Bless you Sprig.  In Heaven there aint no beer, but I gotta believe that there's a big TV for Sioux hockey.  

And, yes, there is much more to life than Sioux hockey, and I wish your family the comfort of beautiful memories and joy of a life well-lived.  

AMEN - Well said - I feel the same way - can anyone tell me how /why he died ? Use a Personal Message if you don't want to say here

This Place is SPECIAL  !

I had not seen this until now.  I had seen the thread but not opened it because it was started on April 1 by a bit of a rabble-rouser, so I wrongly assumed it was a gag of some kind.  Only just now did I wonder why a gag thread was still pinned to the top.

Boy, is this terrible news!  I never met Tim, but sprig and I saw eye-to-eye all the time here, from way back.  I will miss him.  Condolences to his family and friends.

2 hours ago, jk said:

Boy, is this terrible news!  I never met Tim, but sprig and I saw eye-to-eye all the time here, from way back.  I will miss him.  Condolences to his family and friends.

Fixed your post to delete garbage that really wasn't necessary in this thread.  

• Upvote 1

Can't say I know anybody personally on here, but the UND and Grand Forks family accepted this Connecticut boy and made me love this school, this town, and this state.  So any time a member of this family is lost, it's heartbreaking.  Hoping his family is alright, and that he gets to watch many, many more Sioux Championships from the Heavens.  Sioux Yeah Yeah