SiouxSports.com Forum

Goodbye to a SiouxSports Friend * Godspeed, sprig

MafiaMan

Shoot. Wasn’t expecting to read this today. As someone else said, there are posters here that you make sure you read their posts because they are well thought out and reasonable. Sprig was certainly one of those for me. Thanks for sharing the news. 

God’s Peace to Tim’s friends and family. 

MafiaMan and I are putting together a small token of remembrance from the community, I'm thinking a floral arrangement for the service. If you'd like to be a part of it, PM me. I'd prefer not to clog the remembrance thread with it. Thanks.

• Like 2

Wow...crazy that you can never meet a man, but still be really saddened to hear about his passing.  I guess we all end up as part of one big dysfunctional family, as we share the highs and lows of our favorite team.  I'll definitely be keeping his family in my prayers.

On 4/1/2019 at 10:54 AM, MafiaMan said:

It is with a heavy, heavy heart that I announce that our very own sprig passed away this past Friday.  I spoke with his son a few moments ago and he asked me to post an announcement on the SiouxSports.com board.  HIs obituary is below:

http://www.amundsonfuneralhome.com/obituary/timothy-kessler

Tim Kessler was one of the biggest Sioux fans I have ever met.  I spoke with him many a time at WCHA Final Fives and NCHC Frozen Faceoffs.  He was also a regular at our annual Hoggsbreath brunches and I enjoyed chatting hockey with him whenever I got the chance.  To the family, as I know you'll be reading this, please know that you are all in our prayers. 

@sprig , you will most certainly be missed by your friends here on the message board.  May God bless you as He welcomes you home.  Goodbye, my friend.        

I don't post that much any more, but RIP and I am glad he got to live #8. Thank you for posting.

On 4/2/2019 at 7:48 AM, franchise said:

Wow...crazy that you can never meet a man, but still be really saddened to hear about his passing.  I guess we all end up as part of one big dysfunctional family, as we share the highs and lows of our favorite team.  I'll definitely be keeping his family in my prayers.

18 hours ago, keikla said:

This was my reaction as well.  I feel such a sense of loss for someone I've never even met in person.  Consistently reading Sprig's opinions for 15+ years sure makes it feel like we've met, though.

You know, I put together the Hogg event for the chance to match up some of the board nicknames with actual faces.  I'm thankful that @jimdahl keeps this great site going as it has given me the opportunity to meet so many people, including @sprig.  As fun as it has been over the past 18 years to read sprig's posts and insight, it was that much more fun to have met him in person and chat face to face.  I'll be forever grateful for having had that opportunity.   

So long, Tim.  KESSLER #74 forever.   

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Goon said:

It was a nice service. One of his buddies from college eulogized him and it was very cool. It’s seems we spend our whole adult lives saying goodbye to people love and admire. Tim was was one of the good ones. One of those people that I admired. My heart feels a little emptier today. It was kind of neat to know that he will be burried in his Sioux Jersey. @sprig Rest In Peace. 

That IS cool, Sioux forever.

• Upvote 3

Just read this and agree with so many of the comments.  I never met sprig but certainly respected his posts.  It was obvious he was a true-blue (green) UND fan!  My condolences to the family.  I am glad that ss.com was represented at his service. 

4 hours ago, Goon said:

It was a nice service. One of his buddies from college eulogized him and it was very cool. It’s seems we spend our whole adult lives saying goodbye to people love and admire. Tim was was one of the good ones. One of those people that I admired. My heart feels a little emptier today. It was kind of neat to know that he will be burried in his Sioux Jersey. @sprig Rest In Peace. 

Whenever I ran into him he was always in a Sioux Jersey.  Very fitting.  Still can't believe he is gone. 

• Upvote 2