SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 DI Mens Ice Hockey Championship

Cratter

19 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Would be pretty impressive to see 1/2 of the league with a national title within four years of the NCHC being founded.  I may have to move St Cloud State up on my list!

NCHC started play in 2013-14. Sorry, I had to be that guy. We didn't win a title the first two years in existence and we've won the next three!

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

NCHC started play in 2013-14. Sorry, I had to be that guy. We didn't win a title the first two years in existence and we've won the next three!

Good catch.  I’m hoping it’s not early onset Alzheimer’s.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Wow, some of us hate every other team except ours! Even I am not that vindictive.

The older I get the more I gain enjoyment from cheering against everybody as much as cheering for my teams...must be getting to be a cantankerous bastard. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

They've become hated team #2 for me, behind only the goophers.  Cheap, divers, and obnoxious fans.

DU is still my No. 2 and Wisco my No. 3 because of the length of the hate. Another half decade of annoying may push Duluth up higher, for me. The Bulldogs were so irrelevant for so long before the late 2000s, I never really hated them. 

I must be an odd duck, I reserve hate for things much more serious than college hockey.  They are not my rivals, I see no reason to engage in dick measuring contests.  That said I still like to pick who I think will win, and not the same but who I want to win.  I am a bigger fan of SCSU with Motzko gone, I tend to show like / dislike based on coaches instead of players and never consider the fan base, who wants to hate the world after all?  It's a great day for hockey, when does the first puck drop?

4 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I must be an odd duck, I reserve hate for things much more serious than college hockey.  They are not my rivals, I see no reason to engage in dick measuring contests.  That said I still like to pick who I think will win, and not the same but who I want to win.  I am a bigger fan of SCSU with Motzko gone, I tend to show like / dislike based on coaches instead of players and never consider the fan base, who wants to hate the world after all?  It's a great day for hockey, when does the first puck drop?

"Hate" is incredibly relative to the situation lol.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

DU is still my No. 2 and Wisco my No. 3 because of the length of the hate. Another half decade of annoying may push Duluth up higher, for me. The Bulldogs were so irrelevant for so long before the late 2000s, I never really hated them. 

For me Duluth fans have more than made up for the irrelevancy over the last decade or so and for that reason my disdain for them has grown. Quickly.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I went to enough Final Five tournaments before realignment and the hate for Gopher Nation grows on you quickly.

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I went to enough Final Five tournaments before realignment and the hate for Gopher Nation grows on you quickly.

I only went to one, 14 in philly.  Had some gopher fans nearby and the only interaction was  shortly after a very loud fan yelled "somebody hit someone, I paid a lot of money to see this", I told my wife that "neither of these teams is going have much for Union" and the gopher fan gave me a look, meh.  Now I had more interaction as  a student and those memories are heavily discounted by old age and alcohol, but I assume I was an ass...

3 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I only went to one, 14 in philly.  Had some gopher fans nearby and the only interaction was  shortly after a very loud fan yelled "somebody hit someone, I paid a lot of money to see this", I told my wife that "neither of these teams is going have much for Union" and the gopher fan gave me a look, meh.  Now I had more interaction as  a student and those memories are heavily discounted by old age and alcohol, but I assume I was an ass...

Not Frozen Four, WCHA Final Five in St. Paul. Before the league was butchered and watered-down.