Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Sicatoka

The Name-'em Game: 2019-20 Edition

Recommended Posts

OK, so it's the off-season, ... a-a-a-a-a-gain. :(
Here's a re-re-blast from the past to pass the time. ???
 
The game: 
Name the new players on, *and* name any early departures from, the official hockey roster for 2019-20. 
 
Scoring: 
 
For every new player you name correctly you gain a point. 
For every new player you claim will come in but that isn't on the roster you lose a point. 
For every new player that comes in that you don't predict you lose a point. 

For every early departure you predict correctly you get a point.
For every early departure you claim but they stay you lose a point. 
For every early departure you don't predict but that happens you lose a point. 

 Entries: 
 
Due before the first early departure happens or official release of the roster this fall (whichever happens first). 
Final scoring when fall camp roster is released. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going to start mine now and reserve the right to edit this up to (as it says above) first early departure or official release of the roster. 

Incoming:
Frisch
Caulfield
Blaisdell
Pinto
Albrecht
Michaud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it too late to predict Ryder Donovan gone?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we clarify this? Are we counting Stratton? He's going to come in at the halfway point, but isn't eligible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will be practicing with the team so not sure. I hoping that was my ace in the hole. lol.

I also think Berry got caught with a short roster this year and he will make sure he has coverage because of injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

He will be practicing with the team so not sure. I hoping that was my ace in the hole. lol.

I also think Berry got caught with a short roster this year and he will make sure he has coverage because of injuries.

Yeah, not until midseason, though. I'll wait for Sic's ruling, but since it notes new players for the 19-20 roster and not just the START of the year, I think he should count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Yeah, not until midseason, though. I'll wait for Sic's ruling, but since it notes new players for the 19-20 roster and not just the START of the year, I think he should count.

Where did you get the mid season info? He has to sit out a year and 7 games. To my knowledge he’ll be here the whole year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

early departures

Yon

johnson

Reiger

 

Are you hoping? Or can you really see a couple guys leaving?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Where did you get the mid season info? He has to sit out a year and 7 games. To my knowledge he’ll be here the whole year. 

I could very well have messed that up hahaha.

Little help! Anyone? Anyone ACTUALLY know what they're talking about around this? Haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I could very well have messed that up hahaha.

Little help! Anyone? Anyone ACTUALLY know what they're talking about around this? Haha. 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/4473754-und-gets-commitment-former-whl-player-murphy-stratton

here is his commitment article. I’m pretty sure he has to be on campus to serve that 41 game suspension. 

I saw him play on Friday, he’s an intriguing player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, franchise said:

Are you hoping? Or can you really see a couple guys leaving?

I can see players who have limited points/playing time either leaving on their own or being slightly pushed. I think Berry will have lots of pressure to improve the program from lots of sources.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/4473754-und-gets-commitment-former-whl-player-murphy-stratton

here is his commitment article. I’m pretty sure he has to be on campus to serve that 41 game suspension. 

I saw him play on Friday, he’s an intriguing player. 

Yup. I remember this, now lol. So, he's coming in this year, but can't play until 20-21.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Can we clarify this? Are we counting Stratton? He's going to come in at the halfway point, but isn't eligible.

Since I made the games and the rules: Stratton can neither help nor harm anyone's score in this game. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Albrecht?

Google. You ain't getting more than that because I don't give goals to opponents. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incoming:  Gaber, Pinto, Caulfield, Rizzo, Blaisdell, Albrecht, Bast

Outgoing: Yon, Bowen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incoming:  Frisch, Pinto, Caulfied, Rizzo, Albrecht, Blaisdell.

Outgoing:  Yon, Johnson, Reiger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm seeing a lot of the same names predicted for Outgoing...Yon, Johnson, Reiger, Bowen

I get Reiger a little because our D corps is pretty solid; he may be looking for a situation where he can get some playing time.  Bowen is supposed to be one of our energy guys but he always seems to end up in the damn box.  Johnson is supposed to be a D man so I have a hard time judging him as a forward.  Yon is a 4th liner but we seem to have a lot of those guys already so who knows?  I just hope B-Rad realizes that some changes need to be made.  Go Sioux!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll be interesting to see Ryder Donovan's stat line next year whether or not Berry makes room for additional incoming players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2019 at 12:01 PM, 90siouxfan said:

Can he play on the club team to get some game action?

There would be no point in doing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2019 at 9:07 AM, stoneySIOUX said:

Frisch
Bast
Albrecht
Caulfield
Blaisdell
Pinto

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...