SiouxSports.com Forum

The Name-'em Game: 2019-20 Edition

The Sicatoka

• 5 weeks later...

I'd like to see this topic gain some traction.

I'm really interested to get everyone's opinion, knowing what we know how (I think we all have a pretty good feeling at who's coming in), how this roster is going to shake out.

Players who are eligible next year (not counting Stratton), the new players will be Michaud (SR), Pinto, Blaisdell, Caulfield, Albrecht and Frisch.

Incoming: 5 Forwards / 1 Defenseman

Departures: 3 Forwards / 1 Defenseman

We're locked in at Goalie and Defense, but what's going to happen at forward? Do people feel UND will carry more Forwards than they do normally? Or will we see a couple players (depth guys), not be on the team next year?

6 hours ago, AJS said:

I'd like to see this topic gain some traction.

I'm really interested to get everyone's opinion, knowing what we know how (I think we all have a pretty good feeling at who's coming in), how this roster is going to shake out.

Players who are eligible next year (not counting Stratton), the new players will be Michaud (SR), Pinto, Blaisdell, Caulfield, Albrecht and Frisch.

Incoming: 5 Forwards / 1 Defenseman

Departures: 3 Forwards / 1 Defenseman

We're locked in at Goalie and Defense, but what's going to happen at forward? Do people feel UND will carry more Forwards than they do normally? Or will we see a couple players (depth guys), not be on the team next year?

Don't ask in this thread.
Make your predictions in this thread. 

• 1 month later...

Hoff left so the early departure rule invoked meaning no more entries

Now we just need the answer key to complete final grading.
It's not official yet but we got a strong hint today: 

PInto, Blaisdell, Caulfield and Frisch will be rookies in the fall. Rowe, Moore, Bast, Rizzo and Budy are expected to come in the fall of 2020.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/2516593-The-NHL-Draft-will-be-good-for-UND-but-its-not-everything-coach-Brad-Berry-says 

• 4 weeks later...

The official incoming list came out:
Albrecht, Blaisdell, Caulfield, Frisch, Michaud, Pinto

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2019/7/3/mens-hockey-und-adds-six-newcomers-to-2019-20-roster.aspx 

Now we wait until fall and the official roster (to see if there are other surprises beyond Hoff's early out).