Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

ITS OVER!!!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sioux/Hawk Nation...... Just wanted to add a positive comment following the tough series loss last night. I'm a Denver parent of a UND football player.....We put on our kelly green and attended S

These ARE kids. In college. Yes we all want them to win but it’s not the end of the world. Tough season we won’t soon forget but hopefully bright things are on the way. 

As a Denver fan who once made a living in the college game and has been a Denver fan for 40 years, I watched UND pretty closely this year as I do every year.  Your team is a very good skating team tha

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

These ARE kids. In college. Yes we all want them to win but it’s not the end of the world. Tough season we won’t soon forget but hopefully bright things are on the way. 

Yes, and as bad as things went at times, they still put forth the effort, which gives me hope.  I think the coaches have things they need to figure out, because one 10 goal scorer isn’t a reflection of the offensive talent of some of these guys.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough season.
For both the players and us fans.

Some definite changes need to be made.  Whether that be to the coaching staff or to the roster (or both), something needs to happen so as not to get to 3 years of missing the postseason.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, brianvf said:

Tough season.
For both the players and us fans.

Some definite changes need to be made.  Whether that be to the coaching staff or to the roster (or both), something needs to happen so as not to get to 3 years of missing the postseason.

...and it doesn’t help that it coincides with one of the most brutal winters weather wise as well!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, brianvf said:

I'm in AZ now, so things are ok down here.  ;):D 

So, I don’t suppose you got stuck with Regional tickets for the second year in a row either.  They may be killing the Golden Goose with these last two years, because don’t know if I want to go down that road again, and imagine others have reservations as well.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tnt said:

So, I don’t suppose you got stuck with Regional tickets for the second year in a row either.  They may be killing the Golden Goose with these last two years, because don’t know if I want to go down that road again, and imagine others have reservations as well.

 

Not regional, but I did renew our Frozen Faceoff ticket packages again (we fly back each year for that), so those will be a waste...as we won't fly back if UND isn't there and won't be able to sell those since it'll be 90% empty.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What does bother me is hearing Berry talking about guys like Scheel and Jones and others being hurt, but then saying they don’t make excuses.  I am sure Denver would have liked to have Larson the whole first half as well.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Not kids.  18-24...just like 1/4 of most NHL rosters and 75% of boots in harms way.

 

33 minutes ago, tnt said:

Yes, and as bad as things went at times, they still put forth the effort, which gives me hope.  I think the coaches have things they need to figure out, because one 10 goal scorer isn’t a reflection of the offensive talent of some of these guys.

Agree, meaning we need a new coach.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tnt said:

What does bother me is hearing Berry talking about guys like Scheel and Jones and others being hurt, but then saying they don’t make excuses.  I am sure Denver would have liked to have Larson the whole first half as well.

Great point, it is surely double-speak.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

Yup, barely finished over .500 but got better as the season went on (unlike some other ND university D-1 team) to win conf tourney and qualify for the NCAA. 

And for all that they get a smackdown from Duke coming up.  Noone will care or remember 16th seed NDSU Bison.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, brianvf said:

...but I did renew our Frozen Faceoff ticket packages again (we fly back each year for that), so those will be a waste...as we won't fly back if UND isn't there and won't be able to sell those since it'll be 90% empty.

You won’t be able to sell them, but I’d happily take them off your hands so you can feel good about someone using them!  Think of it as a charitable donation.  Besides, it’ll give me a few days off from tearing up my basement thanks to it flooding early Thursday morning.  :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...