SiouxSports.com Forum

ITS OVER!!!

AJS

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

You won’t be able to sell them, but I’d happily take them off your hands so you can feel good about someone using them!  Think of it as a charitable donation.  Besides, it’ll give me a few days off from tearing up my basement thanks to it flooding early Thursday morning.  :(

I'll give you 2 tickets and you can help fill sandbags in the FM when you're not watching hockey.

1 hour ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

This season was rough but we had some good games and most of the games we lost were at least close. Regardless as to who the coach is or the strength of the freshmen class, I will gladly be watching them again next fall, just like I do every fall. 

11 hours ago, Langster019 said:

These ARE kids. In college. Yes we all want them to win but it’s not the end of the world. Tough season we won’t soon forget but hopefully bright things are on the way. 

Yeah, this is no different than high school sports ("all about teaching life lessons" and "all about the relationships"). (sarcasm) :silly::angry::(

This mentality has infected all of our programs. And as long as it is in place, we will win nothing of significance ever again. #hadenoughyet?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

You know, life is pretty good if all we have to complain about is the disappointment in our favorite college hockey team.  I personally know of two good fans on this board who only wish that this was their biggest problem in life right now.  You guys know who you are — my thoughts and prayers are with you and your respective families.  

As for the 2018-2019 hockey season, I’ll try to stop grumbling about this year’s blown opportunities — and Canisius College — and start enjoying watching the NCAA tournament like the past few years when Union College, Yale, and Providence College won their respective national championships.  In my lifetime, I have experienced 6 of those (although I really only followed 3 because as a young lad in SW ND, I was only vaguely aware of 1980, 1982, and 1987).  I’ve been blessed hockey-wise —  WE have been blessed hockey-wise.  

Had I attended NDSU like my dad hoped I would, I would not be the rabid hockey fan that I am today.  I am thankful that I chose UND — and to UND for, in a way, choosing me.  I fell in love with Fighting Sioux hockey about 30 seconds after the opening face-off of the first game I ever attended in the fall of 1988.  I’ve had my heart broken more times than I can count...and yet 1997, 2000, and 2016 are the reasons why I keep watching.  And keep watching in 2019-2020 I will.

Nobody is comparing college hockey to the bigger problems in life. But to say we should all feel positive about an almost universally bad season on the ice is a big much to ask.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

More evidence:

...and Denver lost three guys this past offseason that were all major contributors, yet a first year coach seemed to keep them in the mix. No doubt Schlossman secretly hopes Poolman will leave so he can keep that talking point going. The first two years after the Championship it was relevant because of the number and quality they lost, but should be someone to pick up the slack and put up decent numbers by now. Waiting to hear a story about the historic lack of scoring.

10 minutes ago, tnt said:

...and Denver lost three guys this past offseason that were all major contributors, yet a first year coach seemed to keep them in the mix. 

We'll see how Carle does the next couple years.
Denver is the only team of the traditional Natty winners (3 or more) that had good success this season, so far anyway.

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

You know, life is pretty good if all we have to complain about is the disappointment in our favorite college hockey team.  I personally know of two good fans on this board who only wish that this was their biggest problem in life right now.  You guys know who you are — my thoughts and prayers are with you and your respective families.  

As for the 2018-2019 hockey season, I’ll try to stop grumbling about this year’s blown opportunities — and Canisius College — and start enjoying watching the NCAA tournament like the past few years when Union College, Yale, and Providence College won their respective national championships.  In my lifetime, I have experienced 6 of those (although I really only followed 3 because as a young lad in SW ND, I was only vaguely aware of 1980, 1982, and 1987).  I’ve been blessed hockey-wise —  WE have been blessed hockey-wise.  

Had I attended NDSU like my dad hoped I would, I would not be the rabid hockey fan that I am today.  I am thankful that I chose UND — and to UND for, in a way, choosing me.  I fell in love with Fighting Sioux hockey about 30 seconds after the opening face-off of the first game I ever attended in the fall of 1988.  I’ve had my heart broken more times than I can count...and yet 1997, 2000, and 2016 are the reasons why I keep watching.  And keep watching in 2019-2020 I will.

Agree.

And I think all of us improved our grammar game this year.  Put it this way:  Having learned from MM, fewer grammatical errors were made this year.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Yeah poor oh poor early 20s “kids” with full ride scholarships, kings of campus, jersey chased, future cash pile hauling NHL contract “kids”. I feel really bad for putting pressure on them and their $400,000 coach who has the best facilities in the world as backup. 

Not the end of the world no, but being a sports fan and doner to a school where not much else is going so hot, I miss being able to at least lean on the hockey team. 

The tools for success that this coaching staff has in hand makes it nearly impossible to fail, but they’re somehow finding a way. That’s the most frustrating part. People care about this program so I think it’s a healthy sign that so many people are upset. A lot of time and money is spent following them 

Hey Ogie - what's a doner?:whistling:

31 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

I am also done being negative. The players gave it all but the coach’s need to implement systems to help the players succeed. Instill some discipline and maybe a different offensive scheme and power play and we get the output we need.

The players weren't good enough.  Save it about the "system".  

• Upvote 1