Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Frozen4sioux

University of North Dakota Hockey 2019-20 Season

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, johnsowe said:

If you think BC is not playing in Worcester then I have a bridge in Oakdale to sell you.  

 

 

A

tinfoil hat eh?  Since the institution and widespread understanding of the pairwise and methodology for seeding, its gotten a lot harder to grease a team to the Frozen Four.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, burd said:

Isn't this a little like talking to the pitcher when he has a no hitter going late?

Never talk about shutouts or no-hitters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

tinfoil hat eh?  Since the institution and widespread understanding of the pairwise and methodology for seeding, its gotten a lot harder to grease a team to the Frozen Four.

You have to go all the way back to 2016 (the last time BC made the tournament) for them to be favorably placed in a closer than deserved regional. 

https://www.bcinterruption.com/2016/3/20/11271410/ncaa-hockey-bracketology-predicting-todays-bracket

Attendance is still a thing. Regardless of seed, they'll do their best to put BC in the closest regional. 

To be fair, they'd do the same for UND if it was hosted in MN, SD, or even NE and the host wasn't there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southpaw said:

You have to go all the way back to 2016 (the last time BC made the tournament) for them to be favorably placed in a closer than deserved regional. 

https://www.bcinterruption.com/2016/3/20/11271410/ncaa-hockey-bracketology-predicting-todays-bracket

Attendance is still a thing. Regardless of seed, they'll do their best to put BC in the closest regional. 

To be fair, they'd do the same for UND if it was hosted in MN, SD, or even NE and the host wasn't there. 

Attendance is a thing, absolutely; however I got Lowell playing in Worcester which should alleviate some of that.  To move BC could be argued, however then you are disrupting bracket integrity for the 1 and 2 seeds, which should be an absolute last resort.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Big Lubowski said:

Any projections on who our starting 6 defensemen will be once JBD is back? We’ve got a good “problem” there...

Extra skater will be a D man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fader said:

Probably my favorite snip from the piece:

 

   

"After a rough home loss during a challenging 2016-17 season, I sat in the press box typing my game story. My Twitter mentions were buzzing with angry fans sounding off. I saw two comments saying this team was a bunch of losers who had no heart.

Then, I looked down on the ice and saw Tucker Poolman and Tyson Jost, wearing street clothes in an empty arena, passing the puck back and forth with a child who was battling cancer, while Christian Wolanin gave a personalized tour of the locker room to another fan with health challenges. The kids were so happy. I thought to myself, if only those angry fans knew: On this night, these players were big winners and they were all heart."

 

 

Beat me to it. This is what it’s all about 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if this was posted anywhere else but I saw on the men's hockey fb page that with Casey's goal on Saturday that gave UND 22 goal scorers this season, most by a UND team since 03-04. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest natural bracketelogy:

Allentown:

UND vs Sacred Heart

Clarkson vs Penn State

Worcester:

Mankato vs Quinnipiac

Ohio State vs Providence

Albany:

Cornell vs Northeastern

UMass vs ASU

Denver:

DU vs Lowell

BC vs UMD

Committee has to like Cornell in Albany, Penn State in Allentown, DU in Denver.  They are probably less than thrilled with 4 Mass teams in, but none naturally landing in Worcester. 
 

The only reasonable attendance switch would seem to be Lowell and Quinnipiac- swapping the #13 and #15 overall seeds to put a Mass team in Worcester. Can’t swap #14 and #15 without setting up a first round intra conference game.  

Providence and Lowell in Worcester should be enough attendance boost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, runaroundsioux said:

Denver=Region of Death. Except BC won't be there.

You really think that they will artificially place BC into Worcester?  I know they'd love that to happen, but I don't think they do that artificially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

Denver=Region of Death. Except BC won't be there.

No kidding, anyone not in Denver would probably feel pretty good if seeding landed like this. UND would have a dream regional although it seems like every year I think something like that, I somehow end up surprised anyway so I like the cliche from most teams “just get in”. But I wouldn’t complain if they can hold onto the #1 overall either..

Feels like there’s no real runaway teams this year, wonder if the rest of the country thinks this is UND’s year to lose if they maintain through the second half? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Brett0909 said:

No kidding, anyone not in Denver would probably feel pretty good if seeding landed like this. UND would have a dream regional although it seems like every year I think something like that, I somehow end up surprised anyway so I like the cliche from most teams “just get in”. But I wouldn’t complain if they can hold onto the #1 overall either..

Feels like there’s no real runaway teams this year, wonder if the rest of the country thinks this is UND’s year to lose if they maintain through the second half? 

USCO Pairwise has BC 4th/Denver 5th/puts Sioux in West braket with Denver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Wouldn’t the eighth team be in that spot 1-16.  8-12

Denver is the Host Team /they will switch 8&5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.  The summary page on USCHO pairwise is wrong.  DU is currently 4 and BC 5.  56 and 55 comparisons respectively.  

2.  They will NOT make an 8 and 5 switch.  That is a big time screw job on the #1 overrall seed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Shows them both 4th with BC about Denver.

If you click into it, it shows DU ahead of BC

 

 

82AB2D05-42C7-4E7A-84C7-8C3C61803607.png

CB041E8C-3520-4335-88EA-099A7E78022B.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moy's first Bracketology from USCHO:

West Regional (Loveland):
14 Northeastern vs. 2 Minnesota State
11 Arizona State vs. 5 Denver

Midwest Regional (Allentown):
16 AIC vs. 1 North Dakota
9 Penn State vs. 8 Clarkson

East Regional (Albany):
13 UMass Lowell vs. 3 Cornell
12 Minnesota Duluth vs. 6 Massachusetts

Northeast Regional (Worcester):
15 Quinnipiac vs. 4 Boston College
10 Providence vs. 7 Ohio State

Conference breakdowns

Hockey East — 5
ECAC Hockey — 3
NCHC — 3
Big Ten – 2
Atlantic Hockey – 1
Independent – 1
WCHA — 1

Personally, I'd much rather play in Allentown with PSU there than Worcester with BC there. If BC is a 2 seed, that mucks it all up. If I'm being honest, I'd take our region over any of the others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you're going to get tough games now no matter what region you play in.  How many times do people lament getting in a region with a team they think would be a tough nut to crack to get to the Frozen Four  and never get past the first game.  It happens every year, so you just better be playing good hockey at the time or you probably won't advance, regardless of region. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tnt said:

I think you're going to get tough games now no matter what region you play in.  How many times do people lament getting in a region with a team they think would be a tough nut to crack to get to the Frozen Four  and never get past the first game.  It happens every year, so you just better be playing good hockey at the time or you probably won't advance, regardless of region. 

Of course, but I'd rather play certain teams lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...