Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Frozen4sioux

University of North Dakota Hockey 2019-20 Season

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Was texting with a couple of buddies about this on Saturday -- the chemistry these three are developing are showing signs towards being a "named line" in the very near future...

Jordan Kawaguchi - Collin Adams - Grant Mismash...Kinda limited using their initials unless you want to call them the JAM, KAM, MAK, or MAJ(or) line...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AJS said:

Just think, there's a distinct possibility we get another year of this line intact! Could you imagine this line as Seniors?

Absolutely have the potential to be dominant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Jordan Kawaguchi - Collin Adams - Grant Mismash...Kinda limited using their initials unless you want to call them the JAM, KAM, MAK, or MAJ(or) line...

 

 

We can do better than the lazy first/last letter line name. But, let's take a breather and see if it continues through the end of the first half. I'm thinking it'll continue, however :)

HOWEVER... Dave Starman would love calling them the JAM line :D

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Was texting with a couple of buddies about this on Saturday -- the chemistry these three are developing are showing signs towards being a "named line" in the very near future...

Funny enough, 2 years ago I’m thinking to myself “When Nick Jones graduates, we should move one of these freshmen (Adams, Guch, Mismash)  to center and roll with it”  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Funny enough, 2 years ago I’m thinking to myself “When Nick Jones graduates, we should move one of these freshmen (Adams, Guch, Mismash)  to center and roll with it”  :lol:

Hahaha nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Pinto was on the line, it could be the Coast to Coast line with him being from New York and Kawaguchi from BC.   It almost would apply with Adams from Michigan, but even more so for the coast to coast on the ice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tnt said:

If Pinto was on the line, it could be the Coast to Coast line with him being from New York and Kawaguchi from BC.   It almost would apply with Adams from Michigan, but even more so for the coast to coast on the ice.

As long as it’s not the “Coasting” line.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both in and out of conference, UND has the most goals for of any NCHC team and the largest goal differential.

After 4 league games, UND has 17 goals for and 7 against. GD is +10. The second best is three teams at +2.

After 11 total games, UND has 44 goals and 17 against. GD is +27. The second best is DU at +14 through 12 games.

standings.PNG

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Revenge season?   Heard (I mean read) it somewhere, seems appropriate and aimed mostly at Siouxsports...  ferda #allyoudoubtingsumbitches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Revenge season?   Heard (I mean read) it somewhere, seems appropriate and aimed mostly at Siouxsports...  ferda #allyoudoubtingsumbitches

Don’t care about revenge...just nice to see the boys playing at a high level again.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was referring to the recurring theme on here, that the program was full of a bunch of duds.  Personally I think they are a very talented group and team chemistry is very important, rock stars like Boeser help immensely but are not the be all end all of a successful season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

& it seems contagious - we have had some very good players but I cannot recall this many on one team & they never seem to let up - I'm Loving Sioux Hockey Again & Great Job Coach's- been awhile since I've said that too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

I was referring to the recurring theme on here, that the program was full of a bunch of duds.  Personally I think they are a very talented group and team chemistry is very important, rock stars like Boeser help immensely but are not the be all end all of a successful season.

Smith is/was as unheralded as they come, not much expected of him when he arrived on campus. Senden, same thing. Bowen, some have questioned his place on this team, Reiger too. This current team is a culmination of some studs who were expected to produce and some who were not. The entire lineup on the ice both nights all contributed and made plays,  many of which were unnoticed by the common fan. We can question the coaches all we want, but they’re looking quite intelligent today.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gfhockey said:

It almost feels weird we ar snack in the conversation! 

What kind of snacks are we talking about here?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

What kind of snacks are we talking about here?

Scooby?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fetch said:

& it seems contagious - we have had some very good players but I cannot recall this many on one team & they never seem to let up - I'm Loving Sioux Hockey Again & Great Job Coach's- been awhile since I've said that too

So, we are winning more and all of a sudden they have more good players than you can remember?  Were you saying the same things last year, because a good many of the players were here last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe the difference is in coaching and the systems being coached.  The style of play this year is entirely different than the past couple of years.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Siouxman said:

I believe the difference is in coaching and the systems being coached.  The style of play this year is entirely different than the past couple of years.

Some of it is that, and some of it is just finishing better and getting a few more breaks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...