SiouxSports.com Forum
Frozen4sioux

University of North Dakota Hockey 2019-20 Season

57 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I'm excited to see this new CC transfer. Sometimes 1 guy is all the difference for PP success. They don't even necessary need to be extraordinary, they just need to be the missing piece chemistry wise. I have a good feeling about him! 

... and sometime it pushes another player that he replaces on the powerplay to pick it up as well.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I like this. Change is good

Maybe pucks will go in the net in the mornings and build that confidence! 

I am all in favor of having sharp practices, and if the morning works then great.  However, as to the reference to the great morning practices we had last year during the holidays - remember that immediately after Christmas break we had perhaps the most disastrous series in modern Sioux history when we were swept in a rink above a parking ramp.  So there's that. 

3 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I'm excited to see this new CC transfer. Sometimes 1 guy is all the difference for PP success. They don't even necessary need to be extraordinary, they just need to be the missing piece chemistry wise. I have a good feeling about him! 

I had the pleasure of seeing him skate for a few seasons at CC. He plays with a lot of energy. A smaller guy but not afraid to mix it up with bigger stronger players. I’m bummed I don’t get to see Michaud skating around World Arena this season as UND doesn’t travel to CC. 

18 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I had the pleasure of seeing him skate for a few seasons at CC. He plays with a lot of energy. A smaller guy but not afraid to mix it up with bigger stronger players. I’m bummed I don’t get to see Michaud skating around World Arena this season as UND doesn’t travel to CC. 

Be fun to see him mix it up with his former teammates at The Ralph, wonder if there's any animosity there as it sounds like they were not pleased that he didn't stick around for a 4th season.

33 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Be fun to see him mix it up with his former teammates at The Ralph, wonder if there's any animosity there as it sounds like they were not pleased that he didn't stick around for a 4th season.

Technically a 5th season. :lol:

But yeah I cannot imagine they were too happy. I  personally got the impression the people he was closest with on that team all graduated with him, so it made sense that he left. 

• Upvote 1

Picked to be fourth place in the NCHC behind Duluth, Denver and Western Michigan. I am sorry but that is not something this program should be striving for. Fourth place, good grief. We need to be in our rightful place. First. 

59 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Picked to be fourth place in the NCHC behind Duluth, Denver and Western Michigan. I am sorry but that is not something this program should be striving for. Fourth place, good grief. We need to be in our rightful place. First. 

But those other teams are good right now... :glare:

5 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Given what I know, I wouldn’t be surprised if he wanted a change of scenery. This is pure speculation, mind you, but the numbers are pretty staggering of the players who’ve left the program early since Haviland took over. Look at their stud goalie, Leclerc, he bailed after his junior year to go to the ECHL.

Technically, Michaud was there 4 years but he was hurt for one of them; he got an extra year due to the graduate transfer rule. Wouldn’t know how or why his teammates or coaches could possibly be upset with him moving on, after all, CC’s has also benefited from the exact same rule, bringing in goalie Ryan Ruck from Northeastern and a forward who’s name escapes me from Yale.