Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ DU Saturday game thread. Will they score?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This color commentator does nothing but complain about officiating. It's actually embarrassing to listen to.

That does sum it up well. I don't think I've ever seen a group of guys work so hard, never quit, and have so little success. The win-loss record doesn't reflect the work ethic of this team.

It’s almost as if you’ve never heard of hot goalies or puck luck.  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Lol jeebus, you got so butthurt by this year. DU is better than us, but they aren't good. Feel free to disagree. Don't really care. 

Funny thing is I'll never be convinced by this, even though Denver wins every time. I cannot get over how they got swept by that team. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yzerman19 said:

DU might be the worst top 10 team in memory, winning a bunch of tight games against a team that's probably the 22nd best team in the country supports that

If you are referring to UND I think #22 may be a little bit generous. :)

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Lol jeebus, you got so butthurt by this year. DU is better than us, but they aren't good. Feel free to disagree. Don't really care. 

DU:  2-2 against UMD.  Your company line if that’s UND?  “We can play with anyone in the country!”

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Are you impressed with them?

Because after 6 games I just don’t see it... 

To be honest, I'm gonna go down the middle between you and Mafia Man.  Not sure they're a top 10 team as they are in the PW (probably should be around #12 or so).  I say this; if this series is at home and the way we carried most of the play for at least 4 of the 6 periods then we sweep Denver.  However, Denver gets great goal tending against us (all season long save for our 1 win), is a really good home team at mile high altitude, and we really struggle to score (I assume more so on the road vice at home) so really no surprise this wknd.  However, we lose to Canisius twice so did not grab home ice.    

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So Brad Berry once again promises they’ll be back next year and that they need to fix the power play.  Sounds familiar!  Next year we’ll hear that the non conference games against weak competition are huge in the pairwise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

DU:  2-2 against UMD.  Your company line if that’s UND?  “We can play with anyone in the country!”

Company line? Lol dude. You're so butthurt.

I'm a fan just like you. You've consistently gotten more and more personal with your swipes as this year has gone along. Why? Because you disagree with me?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

I gotta think it was sarcasm.  Your season is on the line, you are offensively challenged, of course you pull the goalie.

More just not a fan of pulling the goalie when we have sustained pressure with 5. If it was just another game sure but like i said when the season is on the line and only down by one.... we just saw what happens most of the time when you pull the goalie but hindsights 20/20

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GDPritch said:

To be honest, I'm gonna go down the middle between you and Mafia Man.  Not sure they're a top 10 team as they are in the PW (probably should be around #12 or so).  I say this; if this series is at home and the way we carried most of the play for at least 4 of the 6 periods then we sweep Denver.  However, Denver gets great goal tending against us (all season long save for our 1 win), is a really good home team at mile high altitude, and we really struggle to score (I assume more so on the road vice at home) so really no surprise this wknd.  However, we lose to Canisius twice so did not grab home ice.    

I think they’re a top 20 team, but not top 10. They do have good goaltending and I’d say that has a lot to do with why their record is what it is. They started hot, which helped,  and tailed off in the second half. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tnt said:

So Brad Berry once again promises they’ll be back next year and that they need to fix the power play.  Sounds familiar!  Next year we’ll hear that the non conference games against weak competition are huge in the pairwise.

6th place and miss the NCAA's again next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cberkas said:

6th place and miss the NCAA's again next year.

If they truly find a way to fix the power play and get any kind of help from freshmen in scoring, they can get back, but words aren’t going to help. Would be interesting to see from Schlossman the last time our leading goal scorer only reached ten.  Not a high bar to attain.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...