SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ DU Saturday game thread. Will they score?

Wilbur

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

I’ve been saying this for weeks, but this is the first season I’ve ever wanted to be over. It’s been  by far the most bizarre season I’ve ever witnessed. Ready for it to be done.

Yeah, but it’s a long time until October.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Shut your pie hole and just pass me the d*mn puck tonight, OK, Blackheart?  I’ll take care of the rest.

I don't see a lot of love on this line, starting to have doubts about the results. :lol:

I'll admit I have never missed more games than I did this yr - now the Cold & Good TV coverage & a Big LED TV & just getting old are my main excuses - but 1/2 way thru the season I could tell it just wasn't there & then hurt players made it even harder to get fired up & If no coaching changes, I doubt we will really turn things around - But Hey maybe we win out & my Never Mind will be in play for next yr ? ? ?

PS... I have been using way too much punctuation lately

31 minutes ago, Cratter said:

While its good to try and not take many penalties in "the playoffs," I think it hindered UND's game a little too much last night. 

A little too cautious about avoiding taking penalties.

Ain't like the DU PP has been lighting it up recently.

Yeah go out & play some Old Time REAL Hockey ....& he!! Our PK is not bad - & if they are smoking us,  try to set a NCAA record for most penalties & fights in a game, so we will remember this game forever

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Yeah go out & play some Old Time REAL Hockey ....& he!! Our PK is not bad - & if they are smoking us,  try to set a NCAA record for most penalties & fights in a game, so we will remember this game forever

:huh:

eeeeeh...  maybe toss in a water in the rotation, its going ro be a long day. 

1 hour ago, UNDPUCKS said:

My positive message. We have them right where we want them, let the 8-0 run begin tonight on St. Patrick's Day Eve. See you all in Buffalo.

I'll be there either way, but just wouldn't it, JUST WOULDN'T it be grand to have them there!  Win tonight, and anything can happen.

That's why Mom and I call them Cardiac Sioux, they will give you one I tell ya!  It's just fun either way.....Best sport.

My brother never gives up on them.  I drove down to Tampa, and saw that, who could have written Thursdays script with DU that night?

I recall saying to my wife with a minute to go when DU iced the puck, I said out loud,...hey! this is going to be interesting folks!  We might get one!

And Smultzee banged it in.

At least I can provide some happy memories.  :xmas::):cool:

hehehehe

I honestly feel bad for the players. While we haven't put the puck in the net this season, I honestly don't think it's on them. I realize our defense is the strongest point on this team, but outside the championship season, Berry's system hasn't done it for me. I just don't see how all these players forgot how to score once they arrived. Very frustrating 3 seasons.

• Upvote 2

My wife is driving home so we can head up to Denver for the game and she texts me to turn on 92.9 PEAK FM. I turn it on and they’re playing In The Air Tonight by Phil Collins. YEAH! I am officially fired up for tonight’s game! Let’s tie this sucker up!