SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ DU -- First Round NCHC, Game 1

stoneySIOUX

8 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Comparing college hockey to “the real world” and being an accountant is such a stretch. Thousands and thousands of people are successful at different levels of being an accountant and they’re not all that special. I know because I have been one. Much fewer people in the world are talented enough to play d1 level hockey, at UND nonetheless. 

To suggest that because UND hockey currently isnt living up to your hopes and dreams for them this season, they may not be preparing these young men for the real world is proposterous at best. These kids have produced “results” their entire lives or they would not be in the position they are.

I feel like a few people on this site project a lot of their desires/emotions/feelings of accomplishment(or lack thereof) on this team. Then, when they don’t produce or fall short of that person’s standards it becomes personal and these people lash out as if they’ve been wronged. It’s similar to a father living vicariously through their son’s accomplishments.

This is a game and winning or losing is not a reflection of these student athletes character or your bull$%!# preparation for the real world spiel so save it. This season sucks because cheering for a successful team is more fun than an unsuccessful one but that’s all it is. So don’t make it out to be more.

Nice comments but....

Completely missed the point, like absolutely over your heard.... like the shots this year missed but ok.. I'll type slower next time... good luck.

Results matter. 

What happened in the past is the past. We dont celebrate the chicken for the eggs it used to lay. We enjoy the chicken soup and move on.

What these men achieved this year was the result. Nothing more nothing less, the 2016 Natty didnt score any goals in 2017 or 2018... or 2019.. yet.. i guess some feel theres still hope for that... but dont hold your breath 

If these men move on and produce similar results in their next phase.. the results matter. always in every aspect of life ... im sorry if thats a difficult concept..... buts its the facts of life.

Cant score or be effective in the next league... no contract... no future in hockey. Cant develop... no future.

Cant get numbers to add up, ... no career in accounting... its not hard. 

A salesman who cant get sales... results matter. Not going to happen.  Doesnt matter that the peterson account was a slam dunk 4 years ago. Results matter.

If you dont produce, you are of no use.

Time moves on. Good luck. 

6 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

Russ is upset?  Well there goes my week

So this season we the fanbase upset TH, Ole, the players, whoever Russ is, and probably at some point Tony's aunt just to name the ones off the top of my head.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Comparing college hockey to “the real world” and being an accountant is such a stretch. Thousands and thousands of people are successful at different levels of being an accountant and they’re not all that special. I know because I have been one. Much fewer people in the world are talented enough to play d1 level hockey, at UND nonetheless. 

To suggest that because UND hockey currently isnt living up to your hopes and dreams for them this season, they may not be preparing these young men for the real world is proposterous at best. These kids have produced “results” their entire lives or they would not be in the position they are.

I feel like a few people on this site project a lot of their desires/emotions/feelings of accomplishment(or lack thereof) on this team. Then, when they don’t produce or fall short of that person’s standards it becomes personal and these people lash out as if they’ve been wronged. It’s similar to a father living vicariously through their son’s accomplishments.

This is a game and winning or losing is not a reflection of these student athletes character or your bull$%!# preparation for the real world spiel so save it. This season sucks because cheering for a successful team is more fun than an unsuccessful one but that’s all it is. So don’t make it out to be more.

I find it hilarious that this mentality was not adopted when Oshie pissed in an elevator. 

7 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Nice comments but....

Completely missed the point, like absolutely over your heard.... like the shots this year missed but ok.. I'll type slower next time... good luck.

Results matter. 

What happened in the past is the past. We dont celebrate the chicken for the eggs it used to lay. We enjoy the chicken soup and move on.

What these men achieved this year was the result. Nothing more nothing less, the 2016 Natty didnt score any goals in 2017 or 2018... or 2019.. yet.. i guess some feel theres still hope for that... but dont hold your breath 

If these men move on and produce similar results in their next phase.. the results matter. always in every aspect of life ... im sorry if thats a difficult concept..... buts its the facts of life.

Cant score or be effective in the next league... no contract... no future in hockey. Cant develop... no future.

A salesman who cant get sales... results matter. Not going to happen.  Doesnt matter that the peterson account was a slam dunk 4 years ago. Results matter.

Hold on.  The seasons over, AND we lost the Peterson account?   The hits just keep on coming. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

So this season we the fanbase upset TH, Ole, the players, whoever Russ is, and probably at some point Tony's aunt just to name the ones off the top of my head.  

You forget KEM too.

8 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Nice comments but....

Results matter. 

I’m afraid it’s you who missed the point and it’s made painfully clear by what you just regurgitated into that post. The comparison between an accountant and a hockey player got even sillier and you somehow pushed us even further away from a coherent discussion.  That’s not to mention the staggering amount of ellipses you used. I’m guessing you’re not an English teacher because... “results matter” as you so eloquently put it. These young men will do just fine moving forward, but you don’t actually care about that.  Good luck with getting those “numbers to add up” and the Peterson account :lol: