Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GoalieMask

Minnesota State Hockey Tournament

Recommended Posts

My goodness did Edina just score a beaut.......wow......zero chance for the STA goalie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

You just had to bring that up, didn’t you?

I’m a fan of Moorhead, but sayig that they consistently “get screwed” because they’re an out-of-the-metro team is ridiculous.  The Spuds have had more than enough chances to win a title — often against teams they should have smoked — and have always found a way to fall short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

I’m a fan of Moorhead

Who isn't!  

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

The Spuds have had more than enough chances to win a title — often against teams they should have smoked — and have always found a way to fall short.

2017 is the one that got away against Grand Rapids.  Otherwise they were pretty much the underdog the other 7 trips, including two against the 90's Bloomington Jefferson machine.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

Who isn't!  

2017 is the one that got away against Grand Rapids.  Otherwise they were pretty much the underdog the other 7 trips, including two against the 90's Bloomington Jefferson machine.  

Should have beaten Holy Angels Academy in 2005...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Should have beaten Holy Angels Academy...

Dude, Holy Angels was ranked 1st in the state that season from November on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

Dude, Holy Angels was ranked 1st in the state that season from November on...

I don’t care about rankings...Moorhead picked the worst possible time to play maybe their worst game of the year that season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I don’t care about rankings...Moorhead picked the worst possible time to play maybe their worst game of the year that season.

"often against teams they should have smoked" makes this a candidate for SiouxSports Preposterous Statement Tournament 2019.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 90's Moorhead team with Blake, Cullen, Kraft and Arnold should've won one, but they ran into that great Jefferson machine...The Broten, Broten, Erickson Roseau team fell short too...why I love this tourney...the Cloquet team with Langenbrunner, Petrov, Novak and Mrozik was sick too...again the Jefferson machine...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

The 90's Moorhead team with Blake, Cullen, Kraft and Arnold should've won one, but they ran into that great Jefferson machine...The Broten, Broten, Erickson Roseau team fell short too...why I love this tourney...the Cloquet team with Langenbrunner, Petrov, Novak and Mrozik was sick too...again the Jefferson machine...

They did a feature on Jefferson between periods earlier in the week.  11 forwards and 3 defensemen from the '93 team ended up going on to play college hockey (I think some were D-III).   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What s crazy period that was between St Cloud Cathedral and Greenway. Greenway up 1-0 only to have Cathedral tie it at 1 but was waved off and play continued and Greenway scored to go up 2-0. But Cathedral no goal was reviewed and it in fact was a goal so they then waved off Greenways goal. Now it’s tied at 2 after 1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh wow, how did that review not make it a goal the first go around. how many times can they review and event?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that last penalty looked pretty weak to me, and they missed and obvious trip / interference right beside the net about a minute before, looks like refs want to determine winner...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

that last penalty looked pretty weak to me, and they missed and obvious trip / interference right beside the net about a minute before, looks like refs want to determine winner...

Reffing hasn’t been the best in this tourney but in most cases they even out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

oh wow, how did that review not make it a goal the first go around. how many times can they review and event?

It was a goal the first time they reviewed it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh, I misunderstood.   I thought you were saying they review and called no goal, then later changed it.   I watched the replay and no doubt it was a goal and didn't catch the results, too many tabs open lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Greenway looks like they're about out of gas...

That will happen on day 3 of a state tourney when you basically only play 2 lines 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How the heck did that Cathedral player miss that open net. That would of been the dagger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

How the heck did that Cathedral player miss that open net. That would of been the dagger

Yes, it would have.  :whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Lawson is a Mark Senden clone

In his play, or his looks?  I haven't seen him without his helmet, but I thought Carsen Richels from Blaine looked like Senden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...