SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Western Michigan -- Saturday

stoneySIOUX

Lots of things to sit on our stools and worry about.  My biggest worry is the radical change in performance one night to the next....   Friday night --  world beaters, amazing, play like that every night and good things will happen.   Saturday  ---   sh!t the bed.....   Is that on the coaches? players? culture?   whatever it is IMHO needs to be addressed the most.  Yeah we don't have the snipers, the blue chippas, locker room discourse, chick problems....   but Friday showed potential, why can't it be done twice or more?

6 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'm not saying he is going anywhere; but a strong argument could be made that he should. Regardless, there are some other coaches on staff that have not contributed much to the program. Plenty of blame to go around, but this is the worst hockey I've seen as a UND fan since I started watching back in 2003.

You need to see a few down years so you can truly appreciate the good ones.  :wink:

1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

Lots of things to sit on our stools and worry about.  My biggest worry is the radical change in performance one night to the next....   Friday night --  world beaters, amazing, play like that every night and good things will happen.   Saturday  ---   sh!t the bed.....   Is that on the coaches? players? culture?   whatever it is IMHO needs to be addressed the most.  Yeah we don't have the snipers, the blue chippas, locker room discourse, chick problems....   but Friday showed potential, why can't it be done twice or more?

While I agree on the inconsistent play. Alot of it is just the plain fact it's hockey. Friday night Duluth rolls Denver 5-2. Saturday Denver wins 1-0. Duluth doesn't score a goal. Watching Fridays game I thought Duluth the much better team, Denver can't play with them I thought. Friday we roll UMW  5-1. Everything goes right. Saturday nothing goes right, we lose 4-2. We lose to the #1 team in the country 3-1 and take them to the woodshed 5-1 the next. Teams that lose or get embarrassed one night make adjustments and have an extra edge the next. The winning teams  don't .  When you win 5-1, what big adjustments do you make?  

26 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

While I agree on the inconsistent play. Alot of it is just the plain fact it's hockey. Friday night Duluth rolls Denver 5-2. Saturday Denver wins 1-0. Duluth doesn't score a goal. Watching Fridays game I thought Duluth the much better team, Denver can't play with them I thought. Friday we roll UMW  5-1. Everything goes right. Saturday nothing goes right, we lose 4-2. We lose to the #1 team in the country 3-1 and take them to the woodshed 5-1 the next. Teams that lose or get embarrassed one night make adjustments and have an extra edge the next. The winning teams  don't .  When you win 5-1, what big adjustments do you make?  

Agree totally, and I think people are happy with a split if not for the debacle against Canisius and Saturday’s game here against Western.  I think we have done quite well with effort lately, but it’s a big hole to try climb out of now.

6 minutes ago, tnt said:

Agree totally, and I think people are happy with a split if not for the debacle against Canisius and Saturday’s game here against Western.  I think we have done quite well with effort lately, but it’s a big hole to try climb out of now.

I think this is spot on. If this team had taken care of Canisius, I think we're all looking at this season much differently.