Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nodak78

Spring Ball

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, sprig said:

Boltmann getting reps at WR

Wow was QB recruiting and development just a train wreck under Rudy.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2019 at 1:36 PM, UNDBIZ said:

Wow was QB recruiting and development just a train wreck under Rudy.

I agree completely on recruiting being a train wreck, but I put some of the blame a little higher up the food chain than Rudy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

really???? wonder who danny is gonna go with...i really don't think its ketts...

Grover then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Grover then?

who knows...just a little shocked that brock is that far down the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

really???? wonder who danny is gonna go with...i really don't think its ketts...

Practice appeared to be Kett, Zim, Grover, Brock, in that order.  Didn't think it would be Kett either after last year's performance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kett is #1 and it sounds like Grover #2 at least For spring ball 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect it to be Ketteringham. As said before, his numbers weren’t horrible last season and he was playing in the offense where QBs go to die. Sorry, but wipe the slate clean when it comes to QBs + Rudolph. Too many arm chair QBs have been tough on Ketteringham. 

Ketteringham has the potential with a uptempo spread offense which is what Freund will run. Also, he had some moments, such as the 2018 Montana game. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, siouxfantastic said:

Saw practice on Friday.  Boltmann really looked good at WR.  He is thicker and looked fast.

Thanks for the report. He's a heck of an athlete and it would be great to get him onto the field. He can help this team. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are things looking up for next season overall? Having Freud at OC has to be an upgrade, as I can't see play calling, creativity, player usage, development, or in-game adjustments getting any worse than they've been the past 2 seasons. I know the RB position lost quite a bit of firepower, but more importantly how will the OL compare to last season? QB, WR, and the entire defense should be in better shape, correct? Kicking surely will be better as well.

My novice overview would say things are looking slightly up assuming the OL is the same or slightly better. I know it's extremely early, but is my thinking somewhat on track? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hawks_Win_Again said:

Witnessed practice this morning......crisp 2 hr. workout ..... Nothing truly live, so tough to assess us defensively, but we looked good to the point of attack in the team session...... Kettringham & the QB's looked sharp for the most part....worked a lot of mid and short pass game' and (besides a couple air mailed shotgun snaps) I would guess the staff was pleased with the day....As everyone expected, we look VERY different offensively from Rudyball....... multiple sets and diverse from play to play.....Hawk fans will REALLY enjoy this offense next fall..... Very few Hawks in shorts (injured), so it was nice to see us so healthy....  O-line numbers seemed a bit low, just seems like we should have a few more..... Overall, a nice mid-spring ball practice.          GO HAWKS !

Just having a more diverse and fun offense to watch will likely put a few more butts in the seats for home games on it's own.  Hopefully with that offense and a strong defense it will help bring more wins as well which will help attendance.  The last four games last year were so miserable, I am SO thankful I don't have to watch another year of Rudy ball! 

How did JJ look, is he a little leaner this year? 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JJ  ( maybe a bit lighter but still a big dude ) & London were among the very few not in pads....Both were pretty active & seemed not too far from being able to "go"....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure London has been dinged up. Hopefully he can get through it and get on the field.

Excited to see the defense a little more spread out, giving JJ room to maneuver up the middle with some speed. Not going to be a lot of defensive backs excited to step up and make that stop.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2019 at 10:25 AM, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Are things looking up for next season overall? Having Freud at OC has to be an upgrade, as I can't see play calling, creativity, player usage, development, or in-game adjustments getting any worse than they've been the past 2 seasons. I know the RB position lost quite a bit of firepower, but more importantly how will the OL compare to last season? QB, WR, and the entire defense should be in better shape, correct? Kicking surely will be better as well.

My novice overview would say things are looking slightly up assuming the OL is the same or slightly better. I know it's extremely early, but is my thinking somewhat on track? 

I also have a very novice look at each season, going over the roster turnover by position, how each group performed last year, ect.. Especially for Football, assuming that injuries notwithstanding that a player should become better each year with more development / strength / reps.

I gave a pretty detailed breakdown of the defense a couple weeks back. The back seven only lost 3 players, spread pretty evenly that contributed last year. Two starters (CB, OLB) and a depth ILB. That's about as good as it gets. DE lost one starter also. Big question is at NG.

Touching on the OL. They basically had 7 guys who contributed and could be classified as "starters". Six of them return next year. It'd be my assumption that the group should be stronger next year having six players with experience. Five of those were underclassman last year as well. There's been a couple of other names thrown out there as well, who should be able to add to the depth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2019 at 3:59 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

I expect it to be Ketteringham. As said before, his numbers weren’t horrible last season and he was playing in the offense where QBs go to die. Sorry, but wipe the slate clean when it comes to QBs + Rudolph. Too many arm chair QBs have been tough on Ketteringham. 

Ketteringham has the potential with a uptempo spread offense which is what Freund will run. Also, he had some moments, such as the 2018 Montana game. 

We don't always agree on stuff, but I agree. Kett started great last season and declined as the year went on, but some of that is circumstantial. O Line and Offensive scheme. Not saying he shouldn't shoulder some of the blame, but I say, new slate this year, and whoever is performing should be the guy, If that is Kett, then cool; If it is Grover, then good.

I am hoping that whoever it is has more success with the new scheme.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

My concern about Kett is he appeared to look like a deer in headlights towards the end of last year.

A simpler scheme should help with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

My concern about Kett is he appeared to look like a deer in headlights towards the end of last year.

I think it had something to do with the fact that he spent half his time either on his backside or running for his life, ala his two years at Sac St.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...