SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Ball

Nodak78

1 hour ago, dmksioux said:

I realize it was before the new adidas deal.  Just showing that we’ve done the black on black Jersey recently.  I like some combinations of the new silver/gray uni’s, not all of them.  However, I’d take any of the silver/ gray combos over the green/black combos they used to have.  I didn’t care for those at all.

Whoa whoa whoa...I've been spelling it 'grey' this whole time and now I find out that 'gray' is the more popular way of spelling the word in the US.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Whoa whoa whoa...I've been spelling it 'grey' this whole time and now I find out that 'gray' is the more popular way of spelling the word in the US.  

After some research it appears that gray is the innocent version, like those found in Crayola boxes, and grey is used by those with twisted minds, like 50 Shades of Grey. Use that as a guide for the posters in this thread...Mr. Grey.

I like black on black with green accents, but I'm also a fan of green and black top/pant combination in some form. Then again, I'm a fan of darker jersey colors. 

With that said, I really, really wish there was some sort of webcast for the spring event. Being out of town, I'd love to get a taste of what the team looks like this spring but alas, guess it's not meant to be.

3 hours ago, Feff said:

I like black on black with green accents, but I'm also a fan of green and black top/pant combination in some form. Then again, I'm a fan of darker jersey colors. 

With that said, I really, really wish there was some sort of webcast for the spring event. Being out of town, I'd love to get a taste of what the team looks like this spring but alas, guess it's not meant to be.

At least this year when we tell ourselves UND is trying not to show other teams any of the new wrinkles they are putting in the offense, we can believe it. 

• Upvote 3

So not sure which feed to post this on, will Kennedy’s leaving improve or hurt the FB program (and other sports)? Hadn’t enrollment declined? In the last few years? Nothing else to do in this weather, so we might as well speculate a little on this!

12 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Thought Brock Boltmann was a sure thing at QB.

But he is switching to WR.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/4597452-und-football-brock-boltmann-kyle-hietpas-switch-wide-receiver

Freund must be really sold on Tommy Schuster.

Sounds like grover is showing some promise as well.

27 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

DB has long been a issue (bodies and talent) and we're moving one to WR? 

Or is this a good sign regarding the DBs that we can do this. 

I’m actually starting to like our DB depth chart. Safety could use some work but I really like our corners.

• Upvote 2

On 4/9/2019 at 3:14 PM, UND1983 said:

Bubba is having another junior day at the spring game. Lets hope they make a bit more of a production this time with some music or something.

https://undfootball360.com/happenings/april-2019/

Don’t hold your breath. Most programs have a Spring Game. We have had a Spring Scrimmage. This year it’s a Spring Wrap Up. Next year - Spring Get Together? Anyone up for a Spring Picnic? At least at a picnic there’d be games for the kids and maybe a three-legged race.

The looks of pure boredom on the faces of the recruits after the first 20 minutes of the event are hard to watch.

Worse - can anyone tell me why I’m about to take a day off of work and drive 5 hours to get to a Spring Wrap Up? Who’s the fool in this story?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, LkvlleUNDFan said:

Don’t hold your breath. Most programs have a Spring Game. We have had a Spring Scrimmage. This year it’s a Spring Wrap Up. Next year - Spring Get Together? Anyone up for a Spring Picnic? At least at a picnic there’d be games for the kids and maybe a three-legged race.

The looks of pure boredom on the faces of the recruits after the first 20 minutes of the event are hard to watch.

Worse - can anyone tell me why I’m about to take a day off of work and drive 5 hours to get to a Spring Wrap Up? Who’s the fool in this story?

I agree the event could use some tailgating or something but having been to many spring games at various colleges the format used last year was much more entertaining than a regular spring game.  

If you think a potential recruit is going to go to another college and be entertained by their spring game longer than 20 minutes i think your mistaken.  

If they set the day up properly for the recruits, this event actually showcases the nicest indoor practice facility in the area and gives a better atmosphere than a dome that is not even a quarter full.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LkvlleUNDFan said:

Shhh, it’s marketing genius from what I’ve heard.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LkvlleUNDFan said:

One small bright spot with the snow - it is making me change my plans to do what you mentioned above. 

On 4/10/2019 at 7:34 PM, SiouxVolley said:

Thought Brock Boltmann was a sure thing at QB.

But he is switching to WR.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/4597452-und-football-brock-boltmann-kyle-hietpas-switch-wide-receiver

Freund must be really sold on Tommy Schuster.

Brock Boltmann is a better athlete than QB. Love that Freund’s offense has a place for these talented players. Allows the talented playmakers to get on the field - whether at QB, WR, slot, RB, TE, etc. Simplicity of the offense allows for players to play and know multiple spots.

Much improved from the previous coordinator’s antique offense... 

2 hours ago, LkvlleUNDFan said:

Bubba is a fool for not having a “Spring Game” at the Home of UND Football. Please see my previous posts for more details.