SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at Denver

runaroundsioux

11 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Maybe is one word, but I digress...maybe Denver comes in a little ticked off and smokes a tired North Dakota team, who, by the looks of it, might not arrive in Denver until five minutes before face-off on Friday night!  :lol:

Not to be Nancy Negative (or Danny Downer) but I tend to agree, MM.  DU comes in ticked/hungry/fired up to go against rival UND,  they're at home where they play well at mile-high altitude/other teams less-so, and UND is probably going to be feeling "sweet" (relaxed, confident,...you name it) after their slaughter of #1 St Cloud previous week.  Don't like the ingredients but please prove me wrong cus, as Mr. Berry said, every game now is essentially a play-off game.  Go get 'em boys, beat the Pio's! 

6 hours ago, Blackheart said:

All things considered, a split is likely.  #Schlossman

Yeah, in Schlossman's Friday morning reading he talks about fans jumping off the ship, but over the last three years he has picked practically all splits and even this year predicted them to be swept on occasion.  Fans obviously seem a  lot more optimistic over the last three years than he has been.  

22 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Maybe is one word, but I digress...maybe Denver comes in a little ticked off and smokes a tired North Dakota team, who, by the looks of it, might not arrive in Denver until five minutes before face-off on Friday night!  :lol:

In this case, it is two separate words as may be is being used as a modal and not as the adverb maybe.  If you were going to complain about grammar, it would have been about the lack of the word It to start the sentence. 

• Upvote 2

No Poolman.....let's think about d pairs....

Kierstad-JBD

Shaw-Bast

Peski-JT

If you asked me one player on the team that they couldn't afford to lose at this point other than Scheel its Poolman.  I know he has struggled a bit, but he has been our most reliable defender for the last two years.

41 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Kierstad-JBD

Shaw-Bast

Peski-JT

If you asked me one player on the team that they couldn't afford to lose at this point other than Scheel its Poolman.  I know he has struggled a bit, but he has been our most reliable defender for the last two years.

Maybe it's the NCHC Insider curse, as Poolman hadn't missed a game in college until NCHC Insider did that story on him.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Kierstad-JBD

Shaw-Bast

Peski-JT

As much as losing Pooly doesn't help, I am confident in our d-corps. Losing Scheel would be, by far, much worse, IMO. I'd argue we could lose Pooly before even Jones, at this point. 

It's certainly not a good thing in the least bit to have Pooly out this weekend, but we are a solid d-corps.

• Upvote 1