Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GoalieMask

St. Cloud State at North Dakota (January 25 & 26)

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

According to Mike Schmidt it was a “clear” thigh on thigh. 

Mike Schmidt is an idiot. Was garbage back in the day and still garbage. Still wondering how UND let him be hired. Big black eye on the officials for missing that call.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion this game illustrates the best and worst about Sioux Hockey this year.  First, the best - we played a whole game with passion, intensity and grit - didn't go into a shell in the 2nd or after we got a lead.  We forechecked hard (that's a big reason we won a championship) We were hard to play against.  We played smart (for the most part) The defense was great and the offense got it done - not the prettiest but got some goals.  Honestly, this is how I thought this season would play out - maybe not the top talent could beat anyone at any time.  A decent record and perhaps a tournament run - practically home ice in the regional.  The worst - why is this game an outlier this season - especially after the break.  Why can't coaches and captains get this kind of toughness game in and game out?  Do we have to get a player a weekend kneed in order to play with intensity?  We've seen what we can do - now, let's start doing it on a regular basis.  This is on the coaches to get us ready for every game.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

According to Mike Schmidt it was a “clear” thigh on thigh. 

Maybe, but I thought you couldn't stick your leg out to check the opponent.  But I'm not an expert on the rules of hockey, so....

 

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Sports - keep politics out of here 

Correctimundo SiouxFan100.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Irish said:

In my opinion this game illustrates the best and worst about Sioux Hockey this year.  First, the best - we played a whole game with passion, intensity and grit - didn't go into a shell in the 2nd or after we got a lead.  We forechecked hard (that's a big reason we won a championship) We were hard to play against.  We played smart (for the most part) The defense was great and the offense got it done - not the prettiest but got some goals.  Honestly, this is how I thought this season would play out - maybe not the top talent could beat anyone at any time.  A decent record and perhaps a tournament run - practically home ice in the regional.  The worst - why is this game an outlier this season - especially after the break.  Why can't coaches and captains get this kind of toughness game in and game out?  Do we have to get a player a weekend kneed in order to play with intensity?  We've seen what we can do - now, let's start doing it on a regular basis.  This is on the coaches to get us ready for every game.

That’s why slot of us get quite frustrated because at times they show us what they can do, then they play Canisius.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

That’s why slot of us get quite frustrated because at times they show us what they can do, then they play Canisius.

And Bemidji State...and Colorado College...and Omaha...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So nice to see our raggamuffin team to hang in there against a top ranked team for a change....... wait, we’re supposed to be the top ranked team and St Cloud fans are supposed to feel that way after they only lose by 1 to us.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, southpaw said:

Hypothetically, I would think the NCHC cares more about making sure UND gets home ice than promoting a Hobey candidate. 

If that was the case, would Todd Anderson be officiating this series? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Mike Schmidt is an idiot. Was garbage back in the day and still garbage. Still wondering how UND let him be hired. Big black eye on the officials for missing that call.

I remember the days of chanting bull Schmidt at him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any video of the knee to knee on Mismash. I was unable to watch either game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, John W. said:

UND...St.Cloud...Hillary...

"excuses, excuses, excuses"... Excuse me!!!

St. Cloud won Friday because of refs...UND won  Saturday because of flu...Trump won because of Russians...

Get a grip....some times a loss is because the opponent is better!!!!! 

Those *@%&! Russians!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Goon said:

If that was the case, would Todd Anderson be officiating this series? 

Good point...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Any video of the knee to knee on Mismash. I was unable to watch either game 

 

at the 4:50 mark

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I guess you can stick your leg out wide and as long as you contact the oppsing players knee with your thigh then you are ok. I’m sure it will be opposite if a UND player did it. We will see Schmidt eat his words one day just like it has happended before.w

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, southpaw said:

Hypothetically, I would think the NCHC cares more about making sure UND gets home ice than promoting a Hobey candidate. 

I think its equally likely that NCHC officials bend over backwards to make sure they can't be seen as favoring UND.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i enjoyed chirping at Todd all night Saturday.  That guy is the definition of a "look at me" ref.  

Roll Hawks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...