SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (2-5, 8-12) vs USD (2-4, 8-11) 1/23 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

Tonight it will be interesting to see if the seniors figure out how to close out the game.  3 tough losses (UNI, SDSU and NDSU) winning those would have changed the direction of the season.  Of course it is not too late.  But, if it comes down to crunch time do you still go the Seals, Avants and Stewart..... or do you go Brown and Moody.

How has jones been able to keep his job this long ?

What’s the issue with the athletic department ?  Do they not care about the basketball program ?

As a fan it is getting difficult to care.  The only time the games really matter are during the conference tourney.  We are so far away from ever having any chance of getting an at-large bid that it makes too many games irrelevant every season.

At least for me, I need to see a team that is well coached, occasionally can pull off the upset against a major school, and every now and then is good enough that you could at least make a case for an at-large bid if they fail to win the conference tourney.  That would get me more excited about the program.  I don’t foresee any of this being possible with the current head coach.

Making the NC$$ tourney once every eight years and then getting bounced out right away is just not good enough to build up a passionate fan base IMO.

6 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

How has jones been able to keep his job this long ?

What’s the issue with the athletic department ?  Do they not care about the basketball program ?

As a fan it is getting difficult to care.  The only time the games really matter are during the conference tourney.  We are so far away from ever having any chance of getting an at-large bid that it makes too many games irrelevant every season.

At least for me, I need to see a team that is well coached, occasionally can pull off the upset against a major school, and every now and then is good enough that you could at least make a case for an at-large bid if they fail to win the conference tourney.  That would get me more excited about the program.  I don’t foresee any of this being possible with the current head coach.

Making the NC$$ tourney once every eight years and then getting bounced out right away is just not good enough to build up a passionate fan base IMO.

Blame Faison and his great "negotiating" skills.